Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry it took me so long to write this last chapter. Between Poker night and other stories that kept popping into my head, this one just sort of got pushed into the back corner of my brain. I hope you like this chapter.
Peering up at Marie from his place on the floor, Logan could see the anger in her eyes. He had a feeling this wasn't going to go according to his plan. Of course, when was the last time anything happened easily for him or Marie.

Pushing himself up off the floor, he dodged everything she through at him. It was amazing what she was able to find to throw at him. If it wasn't nailed down, he was sure she would have chucked the bathroom sink at his head.

Knowing he had to get close enough to her without causing either of them injury, he walked ahead. Praying along the way that she would soon run out of things to hurl. Closing in on her, he grabbed her by the arms, pining her to the wall. Making sure to keep his lower half out of knee range. Getting nailed in the groin once was enough. Sure it hadn't hurt half as much as it would've for any man, thanks to his healing ability, but it still hurt.

"Marie, listen to me. I'm sorry that I hurt you. You know I would never hurt you intentionally. When you left, I went a little insane. Do you realize just how dangerous it is out here. If someone had realized that you are a mutant, they could have killed you. Not to mention Buckethead and his idiots."

"Do you realize I could smell her on you every time you came back to our room? You came to our bed smelling like another woman. Do you know how that made me feel every night? Not too mention the fact that because of you, Scott got his heart broken. Now you want to stand here and tell me you were worried about me. Great timing as usual Logan." Marie replied through clenched teeth.

" Oh my God, Marie I'm so sorry baby. I didn't realize. I didn't think about that. You know I would have never hurt you like that. Darlin, believe me. I know I am an asshole. But I would never do that on purpose. Never to you.You have to believe me."

Staring at his appaled face, she knew he was being sincere. Suddenly she felt so tired and defeated. Slumping to the ground, she cradled her head in between her raised legs.

Seeing her looking so defeated broke his heart. Sitting down on the floor, he crawled next to her. Wrapping his arms around her.

"Marie, listen to me. I know what I did was wrong. We both know that. But you've got it all wrong. Yes I came after you to protect you. Not because I don't think you can take care of yourself, but because that what a man does when the woman he loves goes away. I may have regenerative healing abilities but even I can't survive without a heart."

Raising her head to stare at him, tears streaming down her face, she opened her mouth to respond.

"What do you mean, what are you saying Logan?"

"I'm telling you that I love you, Marie. I always knew I cared about you, but I didn't realize until after you had left that I was in love with you. Then you were gone. My heart stopped beating until I saw you in that bed sleeping. When I laid down beside you, wrapped my arms around you, I knew that I would be okay. You are my world baby."

"What about Jean Logan. I love you but if you think I will share you with another woman, you are out of what little bit of mind you may have left."

"Baby, I told you the truth. Jean and I are history. When she gave me the ultimatum of you or her, I knew right away who was more important to me. I never loved her. Sure I cared about her, but you are the only person in this world that I truly love."

"So now what do we do, sugar?"

"Well we can either stay here and continue on your road trip. Or we can go home. Either way, I'm never leaving you. You will never be able to get rid of me."

"I say we should get back in that bed and go back to sleep. Then we can decide what we want to do wtih the rest of our lives."

Logan stood up then gently lifted Marie into his arms. Carrying her to the bed. Laying down beside her, he placed a gentle kiss on her lips, curled his arm around her waist, tucked her into his body, and promptly fell alseep.

Not quite believing what had just happened between Logan and her, Marie pinched her arm. Realizing she was laying in the arms of the man she loved, and who loved her, Marie fell asleep. A big smile was on her face.
Chapter End Notes:
THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who read and reviewed my story. I have to say this was a lot of fun. I had originally meant the first chapter to be the only chapter, but you guys inspired me to continue on.