Logan was becoming more and more frustrated each day. No one had seen anyone resembling Marie in any of the towns he had been.

It was almost as if she had vanished off the face of the Earth. Granted, she was a mutant, so it could be possible. However, he seriously doubted she truly had.

The thought briefly flashed through his head that she wasn't in the US anymore. Maybe, since she new his severe hate of flying, she had gone overseas. Yet that didn't feel right either.

All his instincts told him she was still here. He just wasn't looking in the right places. So far, he knew she wasn't anywhere in the Northeast. He still doubted she had gone south, but he was desperate enough to go search anyways.

Stopping at a little town just inside Tennessee, he walked into the local diner. He ordered a cheeseburger and fries, then began questioning the waitresses.

Suddenly his luck changed. One of the waitresses recalled seeing a young girl checking into the motel across the street a few nights ago.

Grabbing his food to go he hustled over to the motel. The guy at the desk remembered checking a girl in, but kept insisting her name wasn't Marie. Pulling up the registry logs, he told him her name was Jessica Lawson.

" Man, she was so hot. I tried to get her to go to dinner with me, But she refused. "

Logan fought down the urge to beat him into a bloody mess.

" What room did she use? "

" Room 204. "

" Is it available? "

" Uh, yeah. They should be done cleaning it. "

" Great. I'll take that one then. "

Paying for the room, he grabbed is bag. He paused in the door.

" Did she say why she wouldn't go out with you? "

" Yeah, said she was in love with some jerk who didn't know just how lucky he was. "

Logan smiled to himself. So she was in love with him. Oh Marie, darling believe me I know how lucky I am now.

Opening his room door, er scent bombarded his senses. He closed the door and breathed deeply. It was like a warm blanket surrounding him. Even thought he hadn't found her yet, his spirits were lifted.

That night he had the first night of peace since she had left. Waking refreshed, he searched for any clues she may have left. He was disgruntled when he came up empty.

At least he was on the right track though. She'd been here. Now he needed to pick up her trail. If everything worked out right, he'd be with her in a few days.

He walked around town trying to locate her scent. Determine which direction she had gone.

Once again, luck was on his side. The gas station attendant remembered her stopping in for gas before she left town. So now, he had her trail.

Time to do some hunting.

-----------------------------------

Two days later, he found his next clue. She had passed through the northern part of Mississippi, then headed to Arkansas. He could just see her sending him a mental FU , as she drove through Mississippi.

So, She was headed west. Using his healing abilities as he drove through the night. Arriving in Texas late the next day. If he had timed it right , he was just a day behind her. If he pushed he could meet up with her as she would be headed out tomorrow morning.

However, he knew he needed to sleep and figure out what to say to her. How to convince her of his sincerity. He knew he had a lot to apologize for. A lot of crawling and begging to do before he was back in her good graces. Only for his Marie would he even think of graveling and begging for forgiveness.

After thinking about it, he decided to push on through the night. Being this close to her he couldn't force himself to stop, even for sleep. The next time he slept would be with Marie at his side, where she belonged.

Just as the sun came up he spotted a motel sign. He could only hope that her car would be there. Driving through the lot, not seeing any familiar vehicles, he almost decided to go on to the next town. Common sense told him to check with the front desk first.

Five minutes later, after his own particular brand of coercion and intimidation, he had Marie's room key in hand.

Slipping the key into the lock, he opened the door. Steeping inside, he saw the most beautiful thing in the world. His Marie.

Unfortunately, she appeared to be having a nightmare. Shutting the door, he hurried to her side. She jerked up in bed and screamed.

" Marie, baby, wake up. It's only a dream baby. You're okay darlin. I'm here, Marie, come on wake up. "

Feeling strong arms embracing her, Marie leaned into Logan. Her mind was still fighting off the nightmare.

Laying back on the bed, Logan pulled her down , wrapping his body around hers. Using soothing words, he lured her back to sleep.

Once he knew she was asleep, he followed.

---------------------------------------------------------

Marie knew something was wrong, she just couldn't figure out what it was.

She slowly woke up, feeling more refreshed than she had felt since she had left the mansion.

She remembered having a nightmare. Then she remembered dreaming that Logan was here. It was only a dream though.

As she started to get up she felt an arm snake around her waist, pulling her back down. She landed against a hard chest.

She began to struggle, instinctively going into fight mode. She let the Wolverine push to the front of her mind. She refused to be anyone's victim.

Sensing her panic and fear Logan woke up immediately. Prepared to fight and defend his woman.

Unfortunately for him, he was the assumed danger. Before he could defend himself he was on the receiving end of the training he had given Rogue.

" Marie, stop. It's okay. You're safe, It's me, Logan. "

She could hear his words but she couldn't understand what he was saying. She was in a rage. All her senses were focused on survival.

He could see that his words hadn't made any impact on her. So, using some quick countering maneuvers, he pinned her body beneath him. He used his upper body strength to pin her arms to the mattress.

" Marie darlin, Look at me. It's Logan. You're okay, you're safe. Stop fighting. "

" Go to hell you bastard. "

Not sure if she knew who he was, he kissed her. Forcing her mouth to open for him. He used his lips and tongue to soothe her, or at least distract her.

Feeling her anger and panic melt away, he ended the kiss. Resting his forehead against hers, he began to talk. Just saying random things to calm her down completely. Allowing her to latch onto his voice,

" Logan? What are you doing here? "

" Hey darlin. I picked up your trail in TN. Been following it ever since. I've got to say, you led me on a pretty good chase for a while there. "

" Why'd you follow me? Isn't Jean wandering where you are? "

" Marie, I'd follow you anywhere. Darling, did you really think I'd let you go that easily. As for Jean, well lets just say that we didn't part on good terms. "

" Let me up Logan, you're crushing me. "

" Sorry. "

Lifting his body off hers. he didn't expect the knee to his groin.

Rolling onto his back, clutching his bruised balls, he shot Marie a confused look.

" So you think you can just waltz into my motel room, sleep in my bed, and that means every things okay. If you think that just because it went sour between you and Dr. Feel Good, that you and me are best friends again, think again. "

Struggling to catch his breath, Logan could only flinch at her angry words.

" It's not like that Marie. Honest. I was already coming for you . Jean had nothing to do with this. I couldn't stand the thought of you being out here all alone. "

" I swear Logan!!! "

He ducked out of the way as the book, he didn't realize she had grabbed, went sailing past his head. He had a feeling he might not come out of this graveling without some serious injuries.