Author's Chapter Notes:
A little early, consider it a Christmas present.

Again, thanks for all the lovely comments. you guys really rock.

Try to have another chapter up soon. I'm off work til Monday. So maybe able to get another up before Monday.
It had been a long day. He had finally reached his limit of sleep deprivation. He had traveled fourteen hours today. He’d found a cheap, run-down motel and crashed hard.

Now he was awake, thinking back over the last few days before Marie had left. She had become a little more withdrawn than usual. Of course, he’d been too busy to really talk to her about it.

Between classes, training sessions, and figuring out how to nail his woman, he’d been a busy man.

Thinking of Jean, he frowned. She had been angry at him for leaving. Told him that Rogue was old enough to go away without needing him to trail after her.
He’d told her that he’d made a promise to Rogue. One that didn’t have an age limit.
She had questioned his real motive. Angry and confused, he’d lashed out at her. Telling her that just because they screwed each other, didn’t give her the right to question anything he did.

Then she’d said that since it obviously meant so little to him, he didn’t have to worry about them “screwing” anymore.

So now, he was in bed alone, an unusual occurrence, and both of the women in his life were pissed at him.
Well actually, Jean wasn’t his woman anymore. Not that she’d had ever really been his woman.

So that just left Marie. Was she his woman? Sure, they were as close as two people could ever be without being intimate. Hell, she even had him in her head.

All this thinking was giving him a headache. He needed to focus his energy on finding Marie before he tried to analyze just what they were to each other.

His instincts told him that she wouldn’t go back to Canada. That would be one of the first places he would think to look. She wouldn’t go South either. Too many memories and heartaches.

So where would she go?

He knew the Wolverine in her mind would help her disappear and hide her tracks. So how did someone outsmart their own selves?

Closing his eyes, he thought back through everything he had taught Marie. His first rule was to make yourself invisible. To blend into your surroundings.
Too never make eye contact. Hide anything that would be memorable. Scars, tattoos, distinguishing features. Of course, her white streaks were hard to get rid of. Lord knows she had tried a million times after the Liberty incident.

So short of cutting her hair off or wearing a hat, someone would see her streaks and remember her.
And her clothes and gloves. It was summertime after all. Not too many people bundled up in layers of clothes in 90 degree weather.

He had no doubts he would find her. Once he found her trail.

He headed to the diner across town. Get something to eat and ask a couple waitresses if she’d been through here.
He knew his chances were slim, but he had to know. If she hadn’t then he’d head west.

Maybe he’d try Washington.

The weather there would be perfect for Marie. Not too hot, not too cold. Of course, that would be too easy. Oh well, thousands of miles between here and there. Plenty of places she could be. She couldn’t hide forever. Not from him.
Chapter End Notes:
My sister had told me that I needed to address the Jean issue. So consider it taken care of.