Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay. I know this is short, but I promise, I will get better.

Also, since I am Southern, I really am not familiar with how the British talk. I tried to use the most proper terminology. Sorry if it didn't work.
Logan’s anguish was visible to everyone. He had barely left the danger room. It had been a full week since Rogue had left. The only times he left was to sleep, eat, or when the students had to train.
Charles could sense the internal battle the Logan waged. Should he track her down and force her to come back? Or should he give her what she seemed to need?
He hadn’t told Logan, or anyone else, yet. He had contacted Marie, through Cerebro, the day after she had left. After having a conversation with her, he had agreed to give her some time alone.
He had provided her a new identity, an address and keys to a cottage he owned in Vermont, and some traveling money. He had sent the package overnight.
He knew if Logan knew of this, he would make the decision to find her. He hated the secrecy and hated to see him in such pain and misery. However, he had made Rogue a promise.


Marie sat at the breakfast nook in her borrowed cottage.
She missed her friends so much. She wanted to call them. She knew they must be worried by now. Yet she also knew that if she called, Logan would want her to come home. She couldn’t face him yet. Not when he was still with Jean.
Xavier had told her Logan was still at the mansion, at least for now. So, she was safe here. He had promised that if he left, he would let her know.
She had decided to just choose random places to live. Throw him off her trail. After all, she did have him in her head. That had to be an advantage right?
Of course, that is what he would do if someone was tracking him. So she wasn’t sure if it would work.
She just hoped that he would give her the time required to mend her broken heart.


The urge to leave was stronger today than usual. He had already gone through several simulations trying to soothe the beast inside him. The Wolverine wanted to find Rogue and bring her back home, where she would be safe.
He hadn’t slept a full night since she had been gone. Nightmares plagued his sleep. But these nightmares weren’t filled with labs, doctors, and being torn apart systematically. No, every night when he tried to sleep, he dreamed Marie was dying.
Sabretooth had found her and was ripping her apart piece by piece. He never got to her in time. He always woke up, covered in sweat, tears pouring from his eyes, and had to race to the bathroom. The thought of not being able to save Marie made him violently ill.
Pacing the cold, steel plated floor of the Danger room, he finally made his decision. Marie’s wishes be damned. He had a promise to keep. She could be pissed at him, but at least she would be alive.


Marie felt a tickle at the base of her skull.
“Yes, professor?”
“Rogue, he made his decision. He left the mansion thirty minutes ago on Scott’s new bike.”
“Oh no. Do you know which way he is headed?
“He is headed north. I am having trouble reaching him. My dear, I believe the Wolverine has managed to push through.”
“I should have enough time to pack my bags and leave right?”
“Perhaps it is best to just grab the essential necessities and leave. You do not have much time.”
“Your cottage is very lovely; I had hoped to get to stay here longer.”
“Do you know where you will go now?”
“I am thinking, perhaps Arizona. Though I am not looking forward to the heat.”
“Be careful. I will continue to use Cerebro to track him. Hopefully I can reach him. Convince him to come back. I do not believe it will work, but perhaps it will buy you some time.”
“Thank you, Charles.”




Chapter End Notes:
I will have a new chapter up by Monday, that I promise you.