Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan's reaction to Marie's letter...

I have started work on the next chapter... at least in my head... try to have it up as soon as possible.
Silent footsteps made their way down the darkened hallway. He had been gone longer than usual this time.
Not that he exactly time his escapades. Any other time, he would be bragging about his endurance. However, he also knew that Marie would be sleeping now. He didn’t want to disturb her.
He quickly entered the bedroom, though he made sure the door made no sound. Entering the bathroom, he rushed through his nighttime ritual.
Pulling back the covers he crawled into bed. Settling onto his side, he reached his hand over to brush Marie’s arm. Just to let her know he was here now.
His hand landed on the cold blankets. Marie wasn’t in bed. Judging by the cold sheets, she hadn’t been there at all.
Frowning, he reached for the bedside lamp. Light poured over the room now. Nothing could have prepared him for what he saw though.
All traces of Marie were gone from the room. Her trinkets and knick-knacks were missing. The closet door was open and empty hangers remained where her clothes used to be.
Panicking, he wrenched the door open. He flew down the corridor to her old room. Empty. It was just like it had been when she had closed the door the last time.
He headed back to his room, determined to get dressed. Turning to grab his shoes, he saw a white envelope. Somehow it seemed emphasized by the stark Spartan atmosphere of the room.
Trembling fingers reached out. Her neat cursive letters spelled out his name. Pulling out the folded letter he began to read:

Logan,
Wow! There are so many things I wanna say to you and so little time …

What did she mean “so little time”?
He slowly read the letter. His knees gave out and he sank to the floor.

…with you was safety and understanding…

His fingers caressed those words. Her image of him touched a part of the heart he claimed he didn’t have.

… all those walks in the woods…
He had never realized just how much those little things had meant to her. He would have done more.

…beautifully crafted and such intricate designs…
The smile she had given him when he had handed her the jewelry box rose to the front of his mind.

…Marie…

Silently, tears flowed down his cheeks.
The coldness of her absence wrapped around his heart. He needed her essence there to warm him again.
Suddenly the room seemed to close in on him. The need to escape, to be in the wild, overwhelmed him.
Driving him outdoors, into the wooded property surrounding the mansion.
The torment in his soul caused him actual pain.
Falling to his knees, he threw his head back releasing a blood-chilling howl.
Chapter End Notes:
Hopefully this chapter has redemed Logan...

I have never been one to be able to stay mad at him for very long. LOL!