Author's Chapter Notes:
this is something my sister thought up. I think it is the perfect piece to add. Hopefully the next chapter will be up soon.
Logan,

Wow! There are so many things I wanna say to you and so little time. From the first time I saw you I knew you were special. I don’t mean because you are a mutant. I mean you as a person are special.
Somehow I knew in my soul that with you was safety and understanding.
I remember the first time you called me “darling”. I was so used to hearing “kid” or “Marie”; my heart actually skipped a beat. I know you probably didn’t even realize you had said it. I did and it meant so much to me.
I remember all those walks in the woods together. How you would seek me out in the mansion and give my hand a little tug. I knew right away where we were going. You always held my hand the whole time. No words were needed, just you and me alone together. I secretly marked every walk on my calendar, I’ll never forget them.
I remember the jewelry box you made for my eighteenth birthday. So beautifully crafted and such intricate designs, you must have spent hours on it. Even though the only jewelry I own will always stay around my neck. It is my favorite treasure. Simply because you made it for me.
I remember when, after my nightmares started coming every night, I came back from class to find you in my room packing my belongings into empty boxes. You told me I was moving in with you so you could be there to hold me when they came. Little did we know after I moved in, neither of us would have anymore nightmares. I can’t begin to express what it meant to me to be able to protect you from your nightmares too.
Every memory of you, and with you, I will always cherish. I know you won’t understand why I’m leaving. Please know that I must. After all, what would you do if you were me? When it’s suicide to stay and murder to leave.

Marie

P.S. My favorite memory of all is how you would never let me forget Marie.
Chapter End Notes:
the lyrics "What would you do if you were me. When it's suicide to stay and murder to leave" are lyrics to the song...

What Would You Do by Edie Brickell