Story Notes:
Loosely based on the song by Jennifer Nettles.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own them... if I did, I wouldn't been spending so much time writing stories....
Propped up against his chest, I was watching my favorite movie, Fried Green Tomatoes. After all, you can take the girl out of the South, but ya can't take the South outta the girl.

Just as my favorite scene is coming up, Logan's cell phone began to ring. Looking at me apologetically, he stands up and walks to the other side of the room. He speaks queitly.

I pretend I don't know who is on the phone. But only two people have his cell number. Since I was the one who bought it, a security blanket for me for when he is on one of his trips, it had to be her.

I act like I don't know who he talks to when he gets these calls. Or where he goes afterwards. Just like he pretends that he doesn't know that he is hurting me everytime he goes to her. That he can't smell my tears as he walks down the hall from our room.

Granted, our relationship has never moved past a deep friendship. We share a bedroom because of the nightmares. When either of us have tried to sleep alone, we have woke up in a cold sweat.

I know he'll be back in a few hours. To sleep in our bed. Smelling faintly of her. If I didn't have his enhances senses, I wouldn't be able to pick out her perfume. I don't think he remembers that I still have his senses. He isn't cruel like that. He would shower first. Never rubbing my face in it.

He doesn't know it yet. But I won't be here when he returns. I've made my decision. I dont' have the strength to continue mending my heart everytime he breaks it.

Maybe one day, when I am a stronger person, I will return. One day when I can look him in the eyes. Not seeing eveything that could have been had he only chose me.