Author's Chapter Notes:
Once again, sorry it's been so long! Hope you enjoy! I promise for real to update sooner! I'm getting back in the swing of teaching so things are getting under control, haha. :)
Logan’s stomach felt as if it had been left behind some fifty feet ago, wind whistling in his ears as he plummeted like a meteor towards the careening elevator car. He slammed into a piece of debris from the falling pulley system, letting out a loud ‘oof!’ of pain as it slammed into his gut. Flailing, he extending his claws towards the wall, attempting to slow his decent to a manageable speed.

No luck. His claws just screeched against the metal, making him close his eyes as both he and the elevator car prepared to grind to a sickening halt.

Wincing, Logan braced himself for impact...

Only to find himself floating, suspended in midair, his body weightless as if from lack of gravity. He cracked his eyes open and his jaw dropped. He hovered, only inches above the elevator car, which was frozen in free-fall, tilted slightly sideways. The top of the elevator lit up with violent heat, the edges of it melting and burning with an inward fire, then rocketing outwards with the force of a laser eye-beam that completely incinerated the top of the elevator into metal ash.

Blinding light shone out of the car, flashing off of the metal-clad figure and sparkling against the metal flecks in the air. Eyes glowing white, hovering off the ground, brunette waves flapping around her as if caught in a whirlwind.

“Marie?” Logan choked, staring at the woman below him, hands outstretched as she levitated the car, Logan, and Scott, who was unconscious below her.

“Logan?” she stammered, as if taken aback at finding herself inside an elevator, surrounded by debris and chaos, “What the hell is going on here?”

“I dunno myself darlin’, Logan replied, “But couldya put me down?”

Gently, Marie dragged Logan’s body towards her with a come hither palm gesture. Her would-be protector’s toes dragged against the tiled floor of the elevator car, which Marie lowered until it gently bumped the bottom of the shaft.

“I feel like I’ve been living in a dream,” she murmured, silver fading from her body like water sloughing off a windowpane.

“More like a nightmare,” Logan mumbled, hands reaching forward to grasp her face between the palm of his hands. She smelled wonderful. He leaned his face in, nose inhaling deeply at the junction of shoulder and neck, fingertips trailing from shoulders to palms, grasping her hands between his own.

“Logan,” Marie whispered, “Why am I naked and wearing a diaper?”

“Way to ruin the reunion,” Logan growled, lips twisting into a scowl.

Scott took that approximate moment to wake up, eyebrows lifted so high in shock and surprise that they peeped over the top of his visor. His hands frantically patted at the torn baby bjorn on his chest, and a terrified squealing noise began coming out of his mouth.

“Oh no! I’ve lost the baby, the baby fell out of the elevator, oh Logan’s gonna keeeeeelll me,” Scott screeched, disoriented as he attempted to scramble to his feet.

Logan offered him a hand, claws still out. Scott reacted instinctively, leaping up and backwards to get as far away from Logan as he possibly could, “Logan, I’m sorry, I dunno where she went,” he babbled, eyebrows furrowing as he looked at Logan, who was now shielding the half naked girl behind him from view.

“Oh,” Scott sighed, sliding down the wall of the elevator, butt slamming into the dusty, debris scattered floor, “Thank God, I’m saved.”

“I still don’t get why I’m naked and wearing a diaper,” Marie grumbled, taking Logan’s coat as he pulled it off and handed it to her with a shake of his head. “And why is this diaper so heavy? It feels like someone shit a ton of bricks in it.”

Logan snorted, then instinctively reached out to peek down the back of the diaper, earning him a swat from the newly restored, disgruntled, fully developed Marie.

“Well, you messed your diaper, guess we’ll have to change you,” Logan snickered, then sliced the diaper off casually with one claw, his long coat hanging down to Marie’s mid-thigh. “You peek Scooter and I’ll have your balls for mirror dice.”

“And what baby are you talking about?” Marie asked, mother-duck instinct kicking in as she looked around frantically, “Did I bump my head or something? Were we babysitting?”

“You could say that,” Scott replied, lifting his iPhone out of his pocket. He flipped through the latest pictures and handed it to Marie, who grasped it lightly and stared at the brunette-and-platinum haired cherub-like infant sitting in her high chair, pureed vegetables smeared across her cheeks. Even more comical was the sight of the Wolverine, mouth open in a goo-goo-gaa-gaa motion as he airplaned a spoon towards the babe’s open mouth.

“Who is that?” Marie yelped, eyes furrowing, “The last thing I remember is running into the Friends of Humanity last night, and now I wake up to find you babysitting some kid I don’t remember?” She was fuming now, eyes blazing silver, “Logan, is this some love child you didn’t have the balls to tell me about?”

Scott choked on the laugh that threatened to erupt, then snatched his phone back from Marie as Logan’s claws shot out menacingly, “Marie, darlin’,” Logan said, rubbing her shoulders gently with one hand and rubbing the back of his head cluelessly with the other, as if trying to find a way to explain, “It’s been two weeks since we were on that mission.”

“Two WEEKS?” Marie shrieked, her voice rising cacophonously loud in the narrow elevator shaft, “What the hell is going on here?”

“Well, the baby,” Logan attempted to begin, only to be cut off by Marie.

“Wait, you’re telling me you knocked me out for two weeks because you couldn’t decide how to tell me about your love child Logan?!”

“NO! THE BABY IS YOU!” Wolverine roared, veins standing out on his neck, temples throbbing with anger.

“Me?” Marie whispered, in an tiny, uncertain voice. She reached out and snatched Scott’s iPhone, staring at the little platinum streaks and the obvious look of affection on Logan’s face as he fed the happy child.

Her face drained of color, and she dropped backwards in a dead faint, fist clenched so tightly around Scott’s phone that it shattered into two pieces.

Logan caught Marie before she hit the floor, the phone falling in a rain of plastic and microchips across the elevator tile.

“NO!” Scott whimpered, fingers clenching at the microscopic pieces of what had once been an iPhone, “Not again!”