~Chapter 9~

Catching the scent of heavy dark spices, Logan sighed. "Here to question where I stand with yo' girl?"

"No." Gambit calmly replied, taking a seat across from him. "I'm here to tell you, leave her alone."

"You have no right in saying that now, bub."

"And why do you say that?"

"She ain't in yo' room no more. She back in her own, so she free game." Taking a long swallow of his beer and finishing it, he moved for the refidgerater. "And the Wolverine never loses during a chase."

"You did years back, with Kayla."

Growling and eyeing the Cajun. "Don't you dare bring her up. She died because..."

"The Wolverine lost the chase to the angel of death." He spat, pulling a stack of cards out of his jacket. "Don't take offense, but we all lose to that son of a bitch."

Grabbing another beer, he turned and swiftly exited. Moving through the mansion and passing Jimmy changing the t.v. with a blink of the eye, he frowned. Just as he ran up the steps and turned the corner, he ran into a small body.

UMFF!!!

Pausing and looking down at the little girl, Logan raised an eyebrow. "You alright, kid?"

Slowly nodding and brushing her hair out of her face, hazel locked with dark brown. "Yes, Mr. Logan." Her small voice sounded.

Eyeing her, he sighed. "Your Marie's lil kid, right?"

"Yup."

"Looking for her, huh?"

She nodded. "Can't find her, tho'. Can you help me?"

Releasing a breath and swinging her up in his arms, he took a swig of beer. "Yeah kid. Let's go, I have things to do."

Wrapping her arms about his neck and sitting in his right arm, she smiled. "You have nice hair, like Roguey said."

"She said that, huh?" He voiced, lifting his nose and catching a frest scent.

"Yup. She said alot 'bout you, Mr. Logan. She likes you alot. I can tell."

"Is that so? What else does she say?"

"That you nice but not ev'body is as lucky to see it like she is. She said that you saved her life and she would give her last breath if you asked."

Pausing, he eyed her. "What else did she say about me?"

"Well, she said that you have the most firm butt and...."

"She told you this?"

Ang shook her head.

"Then how do you know?"

"I kinda' over heard her talking to Jubes."

"So you were ease droping and..."

"Angela?" A southern drawl sounded.

Turning, the six year old's face lit up. "Roguey!"

Placing her down and watching as she ran towards her, Logan smirked. "Careful there Marie. Someone might think the lil' bit is yours."

Picking her up, she smiled. "Ah wouldn't mind."

"Really?"

Noddidng and nudging the little one to go to Storm, her attention returned to him. "Ang is a sweet child and ah love her like she was ma' own. If otha's thank tha' she mine, then let 'em."

Taking a step and closing the distance between them, his hand at his side clasped her's. "So you want children?"

"Yeah. Ah mean, now tha' ah can finally touch and not worry 'bout ma' skin, ah would like to."

"And when would you like to get started on that?"

Eyes widdening at the double meaning, Rogue was speechless. "Logan...Ah...Ah uh..."

"There you are Rogue." Dr. Rayson stated walking over.

Hastely stepping back and forcing a smile, she faced him. "Wha' is it?"

"The team is ready to move out and we're ready to head towards London."

"London? Why there?"

"Mystic and the Brotherhood are there and to our findings, are looking for the recent mutants that were forced underground. We need to stop her before this gets carried away."

Nodding, she folded her arms. "Ah'll be ready in five."

With a small nod of the head, Logan and Rogue found themselves alone.

"So ya' running, kid?"

Eyeing him, she gave a ginuine smile. "Naw, ah be back. Just got some business over east."

Sharing her smile, he pulled her towards him and gave her pouty lips a chaste kiss. "Get going kid, you don't want to keep them waiting."

"Why do ya' call me tha'? Ah ain't no kid."

"I know. It just kinda grew on me to call you that."

Unfolding her arms, she sighed. "Neva' would of thought the Wolverine were into pet names."

Growling, he took a step, but froze as a certain scent caught his nose. Pausing and glimpsing over his shoulder, his eyes narrowed. "What do you want, boy?"

Rolling his eyes at his usual gruffness towards him, Bobby sighed. "Professor wants everybody in the briefing room."

"Messege received, now get lost, bub."

Looking past him, he frowned. "So, you finally got your Wolverine, huh?"

Clearly unbothered by his comment, Rogue moved towards him. "Still jealous, afta' all these years?" Voice turning cold, her eyes gave a lite glow. "How pitiful, ice sickle. You need to get ova' it, ya' know? Cuz' you could neva' compare to somethang, you can neva' become."

"And what's that?" He bit out, with an attitude.

Taking a step and smiling, she closed the distance between them. Smirking all the while, she rubbed her lips across his cheek.

Eyes widdening as that oh so familar pull of his life force from the inside out began, Bobby tried to move away. But he couldn't. Just as his vision started to swim, he found himself on his hand, and knees panting for oxygen.

"A man, for one who can touch me and not fear being drained or killed. And you my sweet lil' ice sickle, feared even a mere touch." Crouching down before him, her eyes were back to normal. Reaching out and watching as he flinched, she sighed and droped her hand. "Ah would love to be yo' friend Bobby, but if ya' gonna sit in fear tha' ah gonna slip and kill ya', then get up now and walk away. Cuz' ah had pity once and don't need it now. So suck up wha' ya lost and missed out on, and cherish your life. Cuz ah ain't neva' cumn back to you." Turning to give Logan a word, she froze, as she found angry red eyes staring at her. "...Gambit..."

Stepping from the dinning rooms entrence and into the hall, the Cajun male shook his head. "What's this, ma chere? You and Gambit are ova' with now?"

Coming to her feet, she sighed. "Ah told you ah needed time and..."

"Ya' always say that, but you never take this long."

"Ah just need to find myself and..."

"Find yo'self? Do you not know who and what all you have accomplished over the last few years? Why now must you turn Gambit away?"

"Ah don't wanna' talk about it here." Turning her back, she found a steel hold upon her arm. Piviting around on the balls of her feet in clear anger, a low growl left her curled lips. "Let me go."

"No. Not until you tell me wha's so damn important to make you leave Gambit in the dirt. Gambit have done too much for you and we have been through hell and back. Gambit deserves more than a mere back turn from you and we both know this."

"Fine." Yanking free of him, she folded her arms across her chest. "Ah need time not only because how smothering you are and believe Ah'm use to it, cuz' ah am. But you forget tha' ah am more then one person. Ah have many otha' people lurking within ma' head and that's including the Pheonix...Wha' happened back in the breifing room when she cast you out, tha' was the last straw. The Pheonix hates you Gambit, for all the pain tha' you cause me and restraining her. Wheneva' Ah'm near ya, she goes wild in ma' head and wishes for ya' death."

"But that is not possible."

"There are otha' means of hurting you then physical violence...Ah have too many people in ma' head talking ill of you and it's honestly starting to get to me. And the arguing ain't helping. Ah jus' need space and right now, tha' means we're on a break."

"You don't love Gambit no more?"

Closing her eyes, she sighed. "Ah uh...ah have to go and pack...Ah'll see you when ah get back." Turning, she walked off.

Weezing and coming to his feet, Bobby shook his head. "The...profess ...or, wants us...in the briefing..."

"I know kid. Save ya' damn breath." Gambit bit out, as he and Logan went their seperate ways.

Coughing and eyeing the two retreating figures, Bobby sighed. "Women."
*********************************

Tying her hair up and looking over her shoulder, she frowned.

"Don't feel guilty." The short and bald female with a star tatted on her head to her left replied, placing on her gloves. "You knew Jubes needed a time out girl. Don't sweat yo' self on what was most likely gonna happed anyway."

Nodding, Rogue turned and faced all four females. "Okay, listen up. The plan changed. We're gonna split up."

"Why? We always better in numbers." The tall dark skinned chick stated, stretching like a cat. "What gives, girl?"

"Dr. Rayson thinks tha' it's betta' if ah go and track down Mystic in the center of the tunnels, as you all gather the remaining mutants, La-Breeze."

"What if somethang happens to you?"

Smiling at the petite blond, Rogue laughed. "Ah'll be fine, Honey."

Nodding, she eyed the bald woman. "Just don't pair me up with Savage."

Rolling her eyes, Savage gave her the finger. "Fuck off, you pritzy bitch."

Growling in the back of her throat, Rogue soon found four tensed pairs of eyes on her figure. "Stop with all the cat fightn'. We are here to help, not rip each otha' a new one." Sighing, she stared in calm chocolate eyes. "Savage, your with La-Breeze. And don't try to patranize her."

"I give me word I won't. But that don't mean I won't try to turn her to my side." She stated, licking her lips as she eyed the now frowning woman.

Shaking her head, her attention moved towards the quite, pale, and raven haired beauty, looking down at her feet. "Cloud? Are you alright wit' working with Honey?"

Tiltling her head and peeking through her wild mass of hair, she gave a small nod. "I would very much like that."

"Good. Savage and La-Breeze your in the west sewers and Honey and Cloud you got the east ones."

"And where are you running off to?" Savage voiced.

"Northern sewers, where Mystic should be."

"What if something happens to you? One of us should..."

"Ah'll be fine." Rogue stated, cutting her off. Nodding towards them, she leapt down the man hole and vanished from sight.
*****************************************

"That could've gone way better." Kitty complained, trying to hold her burned top together.

Stripping off his jacket, Bobby handed it over towards his girlfriend. "Stop complaining. We're all a lil' banged up here and there."

Quickly closing the shirt about her, she plopped down in her seat.

"This session in the danger room was aweful, I must say." Charles voiced, once all took their seats within the briefing room. "You all seemed to have been distracted and not working as a team as you know is needed, when you all venture out and aid our fellow mutants. Now what has caused such a rift and I want to know this minute."

Scott sighed. "Is Rogue coming back?"

Dr. Rayson frowned. "I would love to speak on behalf of her, but I honestly do not know where she will wish to remain. I sense that there is a great unease within her heart and soul. She does not know what to do and needs time to herself." Pausing, he eyed the angry Cajun. "From past experiences with her, she has acted out in small ways and becomes lost to the minds that she still carries with her to this day. One mind in particular, she is known to fall into as if automaticly and..."

"Where's the nearest cage fighting bar?" Gambit demanded, coming to his feet and eyeing the man across from him.

Raising an eyebrow, Logan appeared bored. "Why? In the mood to get yo' ass handed to you?"

"No...But Rogue tends to jump in the cage and do some damage."

Beast choked on his glass of water. "Excuse me for intruding, but did you say Rogue cage fights?"

Gambit sighed. "Yeah. Ma' chere tends to seek one out and indulges in a good twenty or thirty fights...then she gets drunk and passes out in bed. She may even smoke a cigar or two and become unruley, but it's nothing that Gambit can't take care of."

Proffessor shook his head. "I know that she finds the inner Wolverine as a friend and confident, but such actions and..."

"No offense old friend," Dr. Rayson began. "But Rogue was much more aggressive and angery, when she first arrived to live along side myself. Her temper has since calmed down and I understand where you see this new activity that she has taken up to be bad, but this is improvement from her blind anger that would put all on ends. Which always led to fights and sometimes even brawls."

"The bottom line is, we're worried about her." Kitty voiced. "Sure me and her ain't friends no more, but she is a part of this team and when she is bothered it drags the whole team down too."

"The kid will be fine." Logan's gruff voice sounded, as he leaned heavily on the wall with his arms crossed. "She may go out to blow off some steam, but she has alot on her plate that she needs to go and figure out. So let her be." Eyeing each person, his hardened gaze locked with crimson. "And as for her leaving, she's staying right here in New York."

"And how do you know this? Ma chere spoke this to you?"

"In so many words, but yes."

Gambit narrowed his eyes. "It funny how you know Gambit's girl better than he does. Makes it seem there's something else going on and..."

"Dr. Rayson! Dr. Rayson!" A shrill sharp yell sounded from the hall.

Moving to the door, he opened it and found a pale and crying Angela. "What's wrong?"

"It's Roguey."

"She's fine and..."

"NO! She hurt and needs help now, or they'll take her!" She yelled.

Swiftly and soundlessly moving from the wall, Logan approached her. "How do you know that?"

Rushing over to Charles and rapidly typing on the computer that controlled the simulater in the middle of the table. "Angela can see small glimpses of the future...Damn it! Pick up the phone!" He cursed.

"How far into the future?"

"Mystic was there and some hugh fat man. He was carring Roguey and she was all bloody." Ang exclaimed, pulling on Logan's arm. "You have to save her. You promised you would take care of her and not let her get hurt." She finished, as tears raced the course of her face.

Choked up from what she said, all the Wolverine cold do was allow her to cry in his shoulder, as all prepared to leave.

Sharing a look, Charles and Dr. Rayson glimpsed the small girl that now had taken to the rather unruly man.
**********************************

Running down the the tunnel and making a left, she froze at what met her eyes.

All around where once laid beds, crates of food, and probably laughing teens, now lay fallen bodies all over.

Quickly checking their pulse and finding a weak one, she quickly made a call and informed Savage and Cloud that they needed to make their way down there to aid them. Closing her phone and slipping it in her pocket, Rogue continued on her way.

Finding an old and rusty door, she gave pause and closed her eyes. Allowing the Wolvering to surface, she could hear voices from within.

"Tell your people to come join our army or we turn this o'slice of heaven into hell." Mystic's voice sounded.

"I...I cannot do that. These kids are her for shelter and need time to find themselves. You...you don't care about them. Leave us and allow us to live in peace." An old and gentle man stated.

"Wrong answer...Blob, kill him."

Hearing enough, she quickly rushed in the room and threw two daggers at him. "Hey! Leave 'em alone. Yo' fight is wit' me."

Looking from the daggers that narrowly missed and pierced the wall behind him, Blob frowned. "Fine then. Crush you first, then the old geezer."

Just as she moved to engage him in a fight, a mock applaud came from Mystic.

"Bravo, lil' girl. You finally grew a pair of balls. But we have unfinished business, you and I."

Narrowing her eyes, Rogue leapt at her.

Easily dodging to the left, Mystic gave a high kick for her head. Blocking it and giving a right swing, she grazed the blue woman's jaw.

Giving a backwards cartwheel, she shook her head. "Awe, did you loose your fighting skills? Cuz' someone's a tad bit rusty." She taunted, as she avoiding being tripped and back handed her.

Tasting blood, Rogue gave a small growl. "The only thang rusty 'round here, is yo' voice." Wiping the blood away, she moved to once more swing, but soon felt her skin ripping apart. Looking down, her blood was falling from the multiple slashes across her arms, hand, wrist, and neck. She could even feel her face cracking, but the aganizing shock of thunderous electricity flowing through her body, was what brought her to her knees and fighting to stay concious.

Giving a nod to the the woman behind the withering Rogue, Mystic smiled. "Good work, Static."

Nodding the blond mohock female left the small chamber.

"Grab her. We're leaving."

"What about him?"

"Knock him out. We need him to deliver a messege for the X-Men."

Nodding, Blob reached out for the cringing man.
*********************************
Tell me what you think. The more reviews the quicker I will up date.