~Chapter 7~

Pushing her pasta around on her plate, she sighed.

"What's wrong?"

Jumping and looking left, she found Kitty eyeing her. "Nothing."

She shook her head. "Come on Jubilee, I know something's wrong."

"It's nothing that would interest you."

"Try me." She replied, taking a seat beside her.

"I just...I feel like Rogue isn't being herself and siding with ev'body else, when it comes to me. We're close just like before, but it's different."

Kitty looked off into the distance. "I know how you feel. I once thought that years ago before she left...But looking back, I see that she only did that for a reason. Back then she was a totally different person. She didn't know how to surpess nor control her skin, so she adjusted to playing it safe and holding back. But when she got the cure and it started to work, she actually feared that if she let someone too close that they would hurt her. I thought that she made that up and it was just nonsense, but now I understand. It was a comfort blanket. Her skin always made sure that nobody got too close to hurt her and with it gone, she was terrified." Sighing, she stared into confused blue. "The point I'm trying to make is, Rogue only does things that will help. I know that your hurt now and want to be angry, but in time you'll see why she took you off the X-Men and keeping some distance from you."

"Her pushing you away is what led you to be with her boyfriend?" Jubilee voiced.

Gasping, Kitty came to her feet. "Yes...but there was much more that led towards it...I uh...I have something to do...I'll see you around." And with that, she walked off.

Shaking her head, she returned to playing with her food. But this time, lost in thought.
***********************************

Eyes clenching tight as his past flashed before his eyes, Logan started to visbly shake.

First witnessing him taking his father's life, then finding out him and Sabortooth were brothers, he didn't know how much more he could take.

Next came all the wars that they were part of. Him and Victor stayed together and always fought back to back. They were the ultimate soldiers and never left their fellow soldiers behind. But that changed when Victor began to feed on all the fighting and saw women as the true prize for all he did. Then it came to a boiling point when they faced off with their unit and was at gun point.

But they didn't die.

And next came Striker.

Him coming at the right time never seemed to cross neither of their minds. As long as they weren't kept in a holding cell was all that mattered. So they started to go on missions, but all that changed when they went to Africa. There, everything changed.

Having had gathered the precies rock, Striker wanted to know the source. So desperate to find out where it was, he had the team of mutants that he had founded hold a village against their will. Then when they didn't tell where the rock came from, a killing spree started.

Logan went against it and in the end, walked away.

Fast forwad to many years later, he found a new life and a woman that accepted him for who he was.

Kayla.

She was the one inspired his name, later on.

The Wolverine.

They had a nice cozy life in Canada, but that ended When Striker came wanting his help to find out who was taking out the old team of mutants that he himself created. Being who Logan was, he rejected it, but later his simple life came to an uprupt end.

It was a typical day at logging and cuttind down trees, when he caught an old familar scent.

Victor.

Rushing off, he found Kayla dead.

Allowing tears to fall from his eyes, Rogue pulled him into her arms, as the memories kept coming.

Running on adrenaline, he found Victor in a bar. They tossled and he ended up in a hospital. Once woke, he ran into Striker and took him up on his offer.

And thus the antimantium was introduced to him.

After the procedure, he over heard the scientist speaking of erasing his memory. Breaking loose of restraints and swiftly exiting, he started forward.

Everything rushed through his mind faster, but when it came down to him finding out about the island, after tracking Gambit down and having a fellow friend die from Vicor who he later found out worked for Striker, all came to a stand still.

There on the island, he found out Kayla wasn't dead, but merely another pawn to Striker. She was being used because her sister was trapped below in the cells where many other mutants were. He had a face off with Victor, that almost made him into the monster that he was made to believe. Kayla talked him out of it and he released all the other mutants.

On their way out, they ran into Striker's ulitmate creation.

DeadPool.

All the mutants that were being killed and taken from all over the world, were being used to create the ulitmate soldier. And with Logan agreeing to the antimantium earlier, he retreived his healing solution that allowed all the other powers to become knitted together.

Having the others go and find another way out, he turned his attention towards DeadPool. Later into the fight, Victor stepped in and together they defeated him.

Sometime later when he moved to leave, he caught the scent of Kayla and found her injured from a gun wound. As he carried her off, Striker came out and shot him with an antimantium bullet. Falling to his knees, he was rendered helpless. Then he was shot in the head and loss unconciousness.

When he came to, Gambit was there and helped him to leave, but as they passed the dead woman on the ground, he spoke he didn't know her.

Dropping her hand and releasing a small breath, Rogue eyed the shaking man. "Logan?"

Lifting his head to reveal freshly unshed tears, her heart broke.

Enveloping him in her arms, he buried his face in her neck and silently wept. Running a soothing hand through his wild hair, she closed her eyes. "Ah know that it hurts, but ya' needed to know what happened."

"I just....I just left her...I could of..."

"By the time ya' woke up, it would of been too late." Pulling him back to arms length, she gave him a small smile. "Don't blame yo'self, Logan. Ah know that it's hard, but ev'thang that occured, happened for a reason. You are the way ya' are cuz' of ya past. Without that, you wouldn't be the kind, nice, loyal, and loving person that ah know you are."

"I left her to die, Marie. If I could do that then, whats to say I won't do that again and even to you?"

"Because, your not the same person and you would neva' do that to me, sugar. We're a team and that won't eva' change."

Staring in her eyes, he ran a hand up her arm to her neck. Rubbing it, he slowly pulled her closer. Pausing as their lips were mere inches away, he gave her a pointed look.

Seeing the lust but most of all the love that she always wanted mirrored towards her, Rogue allowed all else to fall away. As only in that moment, it was just her and him. Mind made up, she gave him a dazzling smile and claimed his lips in a searing kiss.

Arms instantly weaving themselves around her, Logan pulled her into his lap. Nibbling on her lower lip, he pulled back and nuzzled her cheek with his nose.

Closing her eyes, she sighed. Feeling his hands in her hair and tugging her to look at him, she froze at the question he asked.

"Do you still love me?"

"Ah...Ah uh..."

"Marie," his low voice rang, as his fingers caressed her scalp. "Do you love me?"

Staring in his dark brown hues, she felt all her defenses fall. "Yes and ah always will."

Smiling, he gave her pouty lips a chaste kiss. "Good, cause the feelings mutual." And with that, they both became lost to eacg other's touch.
***************************
Yeah I know that it's short, but tell me what you think....and here's a hint. The more reviews I get, the quicker I update.