~Chapter 6~

Grabbing the grey t-shirt off the floor and slipping on a pair of her underwear from her suitcase, she quitely slipped out of the room. Sighing and making her way downstairs, she entered the kitchen. Seeing the fridge, her mouth about watered and over flowed. Retreiving a beer and taking a long swallow of it's contents, she missed the figure in the shadows.

"Taking what's not
your's now, Marie?"

Jumping and turning around, she found Logan leaning on the island drinking his own beer and smoking a cigar. Releasing a calming breath, she sighed. "Ah was thirsty."

He smirked. "You should've got some water, not beer then." Eying her, he raised an eyebrow. "Nice gown."

Blushing, she wrapped her empty hand around her waist. "Ah uh... couldn't find anything to wear."

"Try someone who didn't hear you screaming."

Gasping, her face went beet red. "You...you heard?"

He nodded. "Don't worry about it. Your secret is safe with me. Just keep it down some. Heard Charles had to put a mental block on the kids that caught some of it.

She nodded. "Ah...Ah'm gonna head back up so..."

"Com'ere Marie." He called, in a low voice.

Placing her beer on the island, she came to a stop before him. "Yeah?"

"Four years ago when you left, you kissed me. Why?"

"Ah jus'...Ah uh..."

"Stop stuttering, Marie. Your talking to me, here."

Sighing, she shook her head. "Ah thought that ah kinda...liked you."

"Is that all?"

"No...Ah loved you Logan, but you were...you were obsessed with Jean. Then when she died, you wasn't yourself."

"Why did you stay by my side and help me after that?"

"Ah couldn't stand seeing you hurt and ah thought...jus' if ah helped you and was your crutch, you would see how much ah loved you."

Staring her dead in the eyes, his softened. "Do you still love me, Marie?"

Gasping, she lowered her gaze. "Ah...Logan ah..."

"Ma' chere?"

Turning, she found a groggy and bare chested Gambit in the entrence. Smiling, she grabbed her beer and walked over. "Yeah?"

"I was worried that you had a nightmare or the Pheonix..."

"Shh." She softly replied, placing a hand on his chest. "Ah'm fine. Ah just wanted something to drink."

Eyeing her beer, he raised an eyebrow.

"What?...ah said drink, just now what particularly."

Shaking his head, he grabbed her empty hand. "Come on. I'm tired."

Pausing, she turned towards a frowning Logan. "G'nite."

Raising his beer, he nodded. "Night, Marie."

Smiling, she allowed Gambit to lead her away.
**********************************

Jumping to the left and pushing Jubilee, she cursed as she was hit. Rolling over on her side and rapidly coming coming to her feet, she found Storm and Cyclops blocking the sentinal from them. Pausing to glimpse her new wound, she growled.

"You okay?"

Sighing and moving beside them, she gave Storm a small 'yeah'. Just as she made move to strike the sentinal, the training room reverted back to normal.

"That will be enough, for today." Charles voiced, from the booth over looking all. Come into the briefing room, so I may speak with you all."

Rolling her eyes at Jubs dusted her coat off. "At least my baby's nice and unharmed."

Switching to his shades, Scott frowned. "That coat is going to get you killed."

"Naw uh. It's comes in handy. You just haven't seen what it can do yet." Turning, she walked off.

Shaking her head, an arm was thrown over her shoulder. Locking eyes with dazzling red, Rogue smiled. "Don't say it."

"I wasn't, ma'chere." Gambit replied, as he led her away and behind the others. "But you are to blame for putting that coat in her hands. For she a fiesty lil' young one. Her attitude changed the moment you gave that to her."

"But ah gave it to her cuz' she needed and wanted it. Jubs didn't have noting and me giving that to her, showed ma' love for her."

"I know. And thats the reason why she treasures it so much." Lowering his voice as they entered the room, he kissed her temple. "I can't wait to see how ya' gonna spoil our lil' ones. Cuz' Gambit wants a big family."

Gasping, she could only stare at him, as he took his seat near Logan. Chancing a look towards the other man, his nod was all she needed to know that he heard what was said. Sighing, she moved towards the opposite side and sat betweed Storm and Jubilee.

Smiling, Charles gave all a nod. "You all were fierce and on point during today's training..." Pausing, his gaze landed on smiling blue ones. "Jubilee you must not allow what feelings you have for such trivial things to distract you from aiding the team. That coat may be your prized possession, but ..."

"I don't allow it to distract from the team." She exclaimed. "I do what I have to no matter what and..."

"If Rogue did not intercept that attack, then you would've been laid out." Scott boldly stated. "She is the only reason you are on the X-Men. She vouched for you and you are clearly leting her down. For she is constantly saving and coming to your aid in training. And if this continued when we are in battle, she will become fully distracted and severly injured. Think not of yourself, but she who you love and look up to."

Coming the her feet, she moved to leave.

"Don't." Rogue sounded, reaching out and grabbing her wrist. "They don't mean nothing by it, but you need to..."

"So you agree with them?"

Frowning, she sighed. "Yes, ah do, but ah not..."

"Your just like everyone else! You go with whateva they say and..."

Growling and coming to her feet, Rogue pushed her back in her chair. "Don't you dare try that damn pity game on me. Like ah told yo' ass years ago, ah am not like your mother. Ah care about you and ah won't let others make me push you away." Raising her left sleeve to reveal a large gash that was still bleeding, she shook her head. "If ah didn't care, then why would ah allow myself to get this? Ah got this mere minutes ago when ah saved yo' ass again."

Eyes watering, she reached out for her.

Slapping her hand away, her gaze locked with sad brown. "Take her off the X-Men. She's not ready."

Charles sighed. "Your the one who said you'll look after her, so I leave it in your hands. When you think that she's ready, I'll let her back in."

Nodding, she shook her head at the other female. "Until ya' can show me that ya' done with all this petty thinkn' and lies you made yourself believe long ago are gone, you will not be an X-Man."

Gasping and lowering her head, she slowly nodded. Moving from the table and pushing the chair in, she took her leave.

Laying a hand on her shoulder, Ororo sighed. "I know that was hard, but that was needed."

"Ah know it was a long time coming, but if she don't come to accept life and ev'thing that happened, then she'll only get worse. Staying under me was helping, but ah kinda' coddled her too much."

"Ain't nothing wrong with that." Logan stated.

Meeting his eyes, she gave a small smile. "Thanks...Ah'm gonna head up to shower." Giving him a hard look that earned a small nod, she left.
****************************

Cracking his knuckles, he wanted to punch a wall. Watching as the last of his hand-to-hand students of the morning leave, he sighed. Grabbing his gym bag and moving towards the stairwell, she caught a fresh scent. Smirking, he followed it through the school.

Climbing the steps and making a left then two rights, he paused.

Rogue's old room.

Slowly moving towards it, he moved to knock.

"Com'on in, Logan." Her southern drawl sounded.

Twisting the knob, he found her on the bare room's floor. Kicking the door closed and dropping his bag, he raised an eyebrow. "Where the bed and stuff go?"

Looking up at him, she smiled. "Ah had beast move it. Proffessor said that ah could have my old room back, for meditation and...well, alone time."

He smirked. "Trying to get free of the fire rat?"

"He's clingy and ah just needed a lil' time to breath." Rolling the rest of the Indian carpet out and placing a pillow on it, she placed a small tray before it. Taking a seat, she motioned towards the other cushion. "Take a seat. I want to talk to you."

Confused, yet doing as she asked, he nodded. "Wha' ya wanted to see me for, Marie?"

"Ah wanted to know if you found all that you wished to about your past?"

"Why?"

"Can you ya' just tell me, Logan?" She pressed.

Sighing and folding his arms, he shook his head. "Naw...I got as far as Gambit. He told me I found him to get to some island and...his memory ain't the best, I'll tell you that."

Studying him, she nodded. "Ah asked, cuz' ah know how messed up his mind can be and all...If you want, ah can open up and show you what ah know about you."

"What do you mean show?"

"Ah can link our minds to show you what happened. It'll be like a mental movie, in a way."

"I don't know. I know I have some demons in my head and..."

"It's n'thing that ah havn't seen already...And besides, you need to know more of what made you who you are, even if you don't know why... And besides, you left a woman that lov..."

"Rogue, you in here?"

Closing her eyes, as her lover entered, she smiled. "Yeah? You needed me?"

"Are we still on for lunch, ma'chere?" Gambit voiced, eyeing a frozen Logan. "Am I interupting? If so, then I can come back later and..."

"Yes! Now get lost, bub." He growled.

Placing a hand on his arm, Rogue gave him a tight smile. "Ah need to talk to Logan for a while. Ah'll find ya' when we're through."

Nodding and kissing her pouty lips, he swiftly left.

"Woman? What woman?"

She sighed. "Ah would rather show you, then tell you." Eyes hardening, lowering her hand to that of his, she gave it a squeeze. "But know this, if ah link our minds, you must have complete trust in me and not pull away. No matter what you see, you must stay calm and linked to me. If not, it will hurt your psyche as well as mine."

Rubbing his thumb over her soft skin, he nodded. "I trust you with my life, Marie.

Smiling, she pushed the tray to the side and placed her other hand on his temple. "Clear your mind and let everything go. It's only me and you...n'thing else exists, but you and me...say it."

"Nothing else exists, but you and me."

"Good...here we go..."

And with that, their minds combined.
***************************************
Thanks for reading. Tell me what you think.