Author's Chapter Notes:
*Note*
-This chapter will be set years after Rogue left. Just thought you should know.-
~Chapter 5~

"Uh, that was brutal." Bobby stated, as he entered what was now called the briefing room.

Kitty frowned. "Speak for yourself. My hair is ruined." She voiced, running her fingers through the chard strands and taking a seat.

Charles gave all a small smile. "I know that we all have had a hard time today, but we have achieved our objective. Cassie is with Beast in the medical wing, retreiveing aid for her burns. She will be fine and has decided that she would like to remain here at the institute. I would like to say thank you and..."

"We need help, Chuck." Logan stated, taking a seat on the windows ledge eyeing him. "The damn Brotherhood is making their move and we need more men on board. These kids can't handle this."

Bobby jumped to his feet. "Kids? We're twenty-one, not some fifteen year olds any more. We can help just as much as any of you all can and..."

"Please, take your seat and let me address what was spoken." Charles voiced.

Narrowing his eyes on Logan, Bobby slowly retook his seat. Placing a soothing hand on his arm, Kitty gave the proffessor a nod.

"Over the years, we have encountered the Brotherhood more than ever. We are even now dealing with Eric's kids and soon him. From what I have gathered from Scott and Logan when they snuck within their strong hold, Eric is slowly regathering his mutation back. It's taking longer due to the amount to cure he was given, but he will no doubt be ten times more stronger than before...So, I have taken the liberty to have requested two mutants to come here and join the X-Men."

"Proffessor, we don't know nothing about them or their fighting styles." Scott stated, folding his arms. "We would need to practice along side them and..."

"One of them should be up to your speed or far beyond it." Storm added, walking over towards the other door behind the proffessor. Placing her hand around it and giving a twist, all froze at who they saw.

Arms linked with a smaller and black spiked haired female, Rogue smiled.

"Hey ya'll. Miss me?" Her soft and more seductive southern drawl sounded.
*********************************

Eyeing her as she sat on the table with her long legs crossed, Logan was breathless. Hell, he was a damn fish out of water. The Marie he knew was gone. Only Rogue was left in her place. And by the Gods, she was a beauty. Black leather pants and a matching long sleeve lacy top that cropped her rather round and firm breast that peeked from behind the low cut top she bore. Swinging them legs back and forth, her booths only brought more attention to her mile long legs.

"So, ya' skin is under control now?" Kitty asked, bringing him out of his stupor.

Nodding, her now wild and slightly curled waist length hair swayed back and forth. "Yeah. Dr. Rayson tought me how to control it. It's mo' like a light. Ah turn it off and on with a mental switch."

"Light my foot, chicky." The other female replied, from the seat beside her. "Hell, it took yo' crazy butt two in a half years to master that. You had them boys dropping like flies. Literally."

"Boys?" Logan found himself saying, before he could catch himself.

Turning, a smile instantly lit her face. "Yeah, boys. Ah dated a few over the years and ah kinda got carried away."

The other female rolled her eyes. "Carried away, Roguey? You would kiss them for more than a minute and get so lost in their touch you melted. And so did yo' so called control."

Growling and jumping off the table, she towered over her. "Jubilee, don't try me." Her now cold voice sounded.

Calmly coming to her feet, she sighed. "My bad, chicky. Just you always say the half truth. You know I have to say..."

"The hell ya' do." She bit out, her usual brown hues the color of hazel.

Reaching out and touching her neck, she rubbed her thumb across the patch of skin.

Releasing a sigh, Rogue's whole body untensed and calmed. Taking a step back from her and frowning, she hugged herself. "Jubs, ah sorry ah lost..."

"Control of the Wolverine?" She finished, retaking her seat. "How many times do I have to tell you? It's nothing. As long as we don't get into it like we did back at home in London, we fine. God forbid, we tore the whole east wing up. Dr. Rayson and Sampson wanted our hides. And thats not including all the bruises and scars I was nursing for a good month."

"Ah had scars too."

"But not as long as mine. You and yo' precious healing." Rolling her eyes, she smirked. "And besides, if we didn't fight that night, we wouldn't have become best friends."

Kitty lowered her gaze. Seeing the sudden sadness develope her, Bobby wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer.

Oblivous, Rogue smiled and shook her head. "Ah can't believe ah almost slit ya' throat."

"And I almost made you into a human gernade." Jubilee stated, around a small laugh. "No matter how fucked up we were that first year there, we became some bad ass bitches, chicky."

Laughing, she blew a white streak out of her face. "No lie there."

Clearing his throat, Charles gained their attention. "As we spoke earlier Rogue, your here to be on the X-Men and back here permently, if you wish?"

Looking from him to the frowning female beside her, she sighed. "Only if Jubs can stay too."

He nodded. "I don't see why not."

Jumping to her feet, the smaller female threw her arms around her neck. "Did I ever tell you how much I love yo' crazy ass?"

Pulling back and eyeing her, she fingered the bright yellow collor of the sleeveless trench coat she had on. "Yeah, when ah bought you that three hundred dolla' coat."

Smirking, she folded her arms. "What can I say, you the only one who would pay that much for me...Not even my own mom would..." Falling silent, she lowered her head.

Sighing, Rogue playfully punched her in the arm. "Wha' ah tell you, kid? Your one of mine and ah don't leave you in the dirt. You got ma' back and ah got yours. Till the end and even beyond."

Lifting her head and wiping the unshed tears, Jubilee smiled. "What would I do without you?"

She shrugged. "Ah don't know, but ya' a strong one, Jubs. You a fighter and your my sista'. Don't you forget that."

Laughing, she raised her hand and removed her right glove to reveal a burn. "Hell, you and that little birdie won't let me forget it."

"Ah thought you said ya' for..."

"I did forgive you." Placing it back on, she ran her hand through her short and unruley hair. "I just...even tho' you lost control of the Pheonix that day, you made it a point to stand your ground against it. It almost killed me, but you staked a claim and well...this lil' burn is better then being incinerated from existance."

Sighing, she nodded.

"So the doc' helped with the bird problem?" Logan voiced, walking around the table and coming to stop before her. Staring down in her eyes, he found his Marie looking back at him.

Smiling, she nodded. "Yeah. Dr. Rayson was tough on me, but his methods helped. Ah have total an' complete control of my skin." Raising an eyebrow, she smirked. "Why so interested?"

Moving to fill the small space between them, a voice rang from the far left.

"Ma' chere, you are back." A thick and loving Cajun accent sounded.

Stepping back from Logan, Rogue folded her arms. "Ah didn't come for you, Gambit."

Tilting his head and gliding across the room towards her, he ran a hand through her mane. "Come now, ma' chere. Gambit is sorry for what happened back in Paris. There was business that needed tending to and..."

"Ah don't care." Slapping his hand away, she narrowed her eyes. "You lied to me."

"Come now, Gambit didn't..."

"First person, please." She growled between clenched teeth.

Nodding, he easily wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her towards him. "Ofcourse. Anything, for ma' chere...I didn't lie to you, bac' in Paris. I was in need to aid a friend of my clan. Leaving you was the last thing that I would eva' wish of doing. You must believe me."

"Why? Ya' didn't come back?"

"I did, but you was gone on a mission with your unit. With you leading them, ma' chere, I could not pull you away from such."

"Ah still don't like you."

Gambit smirked. "Come now. You, young Jubilee, your entire unit you lead, and myself know that as a lie." Tracing her jaw down to her neck and pushing her hair back, he revealed a tattoo. "If what I speak is a lie, then why does my clan's crest lay upon your skin?"

Growling and shuving him, she found Jubilee standing before her. Ignoring her hold upon her arms, she narrowed her eyes.

Feeling her hands become aflame and heated, she gasped as Rogue's hair silently floated about her. "Stop this chicky. With your anger contoling you, the Pheonix will become loose."

Growls growing louder, a small flame started to surroung the two. "How dare ya' bring that up? Ah gave you ev'thing, Gambit and you spat it back in ma' face." Her cold voice rang, as an echo was behind each word.

Knowing what was happening, he sighed. "Release her, young one."

Glimpsing over her shoulder, Jubilee gasped. "Are you insane? She will..."

"She would neva' hurt me. We are...we are connected."

Studying him, she frowned and slowly stepped from her place.

In mere seconds, Rogue had him by his throat in the air. With the fire now racing up her arm and onto his skin, he started to glow.

Clearly unharmed by it, he gave a small smile and cupped her face. In seconds, her skin took on the same glow and the fire vanished. Releasing him, he lightly landed on his feet and caught her, as she collapsed. Sighing, he kissed her crown of hair.

"Wha...what was that?" Charles demanded, once he found his voice. "Dr. Rayson said that Rogue had perfect control over the Pheonix and her mutation."

Standing with her cradled against him, Gambit sighed. "She is..."

"She has perfect control over both." Jubilee stated, slowly retaking her seat and eyeing her now slumbering friend. "Rogue can turn her skin on and off all that she wishes, but when she is stressed or... angry, she can at times exibit lose of control over the Pheonix. She..."

"She and I are one. The Pheonix called when I was in Paris on an assignment, years ago. I chose to remain beside her and help her. For the Pheonix's fire and heat does not effect me. For within my body is the chemical make-up that allows me'self to cause any object to turn deadly. The Pheonix knows this and tries all it wishes, but I am unmovable towards it." Gambit added, as the one in question gave a moan and slowly came back to the waking world.

"Uh...wha...wha' happened?" Her low southern drawl sounded.

Smiling and setting her on her feet, he kept an arm about her. "The usual, ma' chere. I got you fired up and you wanted me head."

Pushing away from him, she growled. "I shuda' killed ya."

"But you can't."

"Don't mean ah won't try."

Folding his arms, he sighed. "Why must you be like this? I did not wish to hurt you as I did, ma' chere. You have me heart and you know this. So why must you fight me about you and me'self?"

Blinking, tears gathered in her eyes. "You lied, Gambit."

"What did I lie of?"

"Your clan's friend."

"I do not follow."

Rolling her eyes, Jubilee sighed. "Dude, ya' bro' came to her and told what you were doing. So cut the bullshit and stop wasting time. She knows who Bella is."

Eyes widdening, he shook his head. "Is this why you are so mad at Gambit, ma' chere?...Yes Bella was to become me bride that day I went to the clan's estate. But I refused. You are me only lover and reason for living. What we share, I neva' knew before. Please let me not telling you of me true connection to Bella hurt us. For I do love you, Rogue." Reaching out and pulling her to him, he smiled. "And I know you love you some Gambit."

Rolling her eyes and sagging into his arms, she burried her face in his chest. "Ah am so drained. Ah need a nap."

Eveloping her in his arms, he faced the laughing Jubilee. "What now, young one?"

"Nothing...you two go through this all the time. You fight, you run, she find you, and you beg for her forgivness. It never gets old. Sorry."

"Then you know whats next?" He asked, once more swinging Rogue up in his arms.

Eyes widdening, she came to her feet. "Is my room on the opposite side of where eva' they are going?"

The proffessor raised an eyebrow. "Why would you want that? I thought you would like to be near Rogue?"

"I do...I mean I would, if she was by herself. And especially not tonight, no offense. Cause she is gonna be screaming for the heavens and that bed will no doubt be a rock'n, if you got me?"

Choking, he looked towards Storm for help.

"I can see to your room and board." Eyeing the two leaving, she sighed. "Please, come with me."

Watching as all took their leave, save for Scott, Logan rammed his fist into the table.

"I take it, you're mad?"

Narrowing his eyes, he raised a mocking eyebrow.

Scott laughed. "Guess you should've kept your word and visited her. If so, then that might be you in his place."

"What if I kill 'em and make it look like the Brotherhood had a hand in it?"

"I know that you love and want her, but really?" Sighing, he leaned on the table. "Sorry to tell you this, but all you can do is sit back and wait for your shot. Until then, be the best friend that you two always were."

"Best friend, huh? Does that include me kissing her senseless and shagging the hell out her her small, tight, and..."

"Please, spare me the details." He stated, shrugging. "No...unless she adones it...but you didn't hear it from me."

Hearing his footsteps go off in the distance, Logan smirked. "Who would've thought shades would be giving me advice on women? Hell must be frozen over."
*************************************
Thanks for reading and tell me what you think.