~Chapter 4~

Walking down the hall and turning the corner, he frowned at what he saw. "Marie?"

Pausing in her packing, she turned to face him.

Watching as another tear escaped her slightly swollen eyes, Logan rushed over the thresh hold of her room. "What's going on? Why the hell are you packing?"

"Ah have to leave."

"Why?"

"The proffessor can't help me here. So ah have to go to London where Dr. Rayson is?"

"Who the fuck is he?"

"A friend of the X-Man." Storm replied, letting herself into the room. "He is specialized in very hard and complexed mutations. Like us here, he takes in mutants and aids them."

"So she's going to another school for the gifted?" Logan voiced, with obvious sarcasm. "You think this damn man will be able to help her?"

"We are not sure, but it's our last chance to fix this before a repeat of what happened with Jean occurs." Moving towards Rogue, she placed a hand on her shoulder. "I know that this is hard to take in, but please give this a chance. He might even be capable to help you touch again."

"Really?" Her eyes lit up.

She nodded. "Dr. Rayson is very talented. He and his whole team in London. You will be in the best of hands."

Throwing the last two shirts in her suitcase, she sighed. "Is the car here already?"

"You know what? Why don't you wait until after dinner to leave? That way you can say bye to everyone the right way."

Smiling, she nodded. "Thanks Storm."

"Anytime...I'll see you at dinner." Kissing her crown of hair, she left the two alone.

"So ya' leaving, huh kid?"

Sighing she wrapped her arms around his waist. "Yeah..." Pausing she pulled back and stared up in his face. "You gonna come and visit me, right?"

Smirking, he threw his arm around her shoulders and led her out the room and down into the kitchen. "Of course...but first, I need a beer."

Laughing, her worries melted away.
*****************************************

Smiling as Storm and Beast shared a joke, she sighed. Grabbing her glass of wine, she quietly left the table and made for the backyard. Entering the cool and nice breeze, a tear fell from her eyes.

"Rogue?"

Tensing and wiping her face, she faced the newcomer. "What do you want?"

"I just..." Pausing, Kitty moved to her side. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. You know for Bobby and..."

"No your not." She bit out, turning away and staring out at the fountain in the distance. "If you were, you woudn't be sneaking around with him and acting like nothing happened.

She frowned. "You know? How did you..."

"Wolverine...Ah have his enhanced senses. Bobby's scent is all around you and even in you."

Blushing, she lowered her gaze.

Sighing, Rogue faced her. "Look, if you came here in hopes that ah would forgive you before ah leave, forget it. Ah won't forgive you. You were ma'best friend and you betrayed me. That, ah can't forgive. But we are cool, yet not like were. Ah have no problem saying hi, but thats it."

"Rogue, I'm sorry. You have to forgive me." Kitty pleaded, with her own tears threatening to fall.

"Why? Your still sleeping with 'em? You hurt me Kitty and you don't even feel bad 'bout it. If you did, you wouldn't be with 'em. You're only here, because you want me to take away ya' guilt and ah won't do that."

Nodding, she turned on her heels and left.

Watching as the door closed behind her, Rogue looked towards a dark corner and raised an eyebrow. "You gonna stay lerking in the shadows or are you gonna come out and talk?"

Growling, Logan moved towards her. "I didn't want to intrude on you and the cat." He stated, taking a long swallow of his beer.

"Really?"

He narrowed his eyes. "Yes. Is it so hard to believe, I can be civil?"

"No...it's just not you."

"True."

Smiling, she shook her head. "You wanted something?"

"I uh...I know that you have to go in an hour but uh...I wanted to know if you could just uh...ya' know, point me in the...."

"Ya' real name is James. You were born in the eighteenth centry and was known for being severly ill, before your mutation revealed itself." She lowely repiled, as her eyes fluttered close. "You fought along side Sabortooth in all the great wars and thats how you met Striker and..."

"Thats enough." His rough voice rang.

Cracking her brown eyes open, she frowned.

"Thanks kid. I just...I'm having a hard time accepting I'm related to that heeving."

She sighed. "Ah understand...But if ya' want to know more, just ask the proffessor to look up a Gambit. He's an old friend who you owe alot to. He even saved your life...Look 'em up, for me?"

"Yeah...If I have the time, but I ain't making no promises."

"That's all ah ask."

"Gud 'cuz..."

"Rogue?" Storm called, stepping out of the mansion.

Facing her, she smiled. "Yeah?"

"It's time to go, if you want to make ya' flight."

"Ok...here ah come."

Nodding, she left the two alone.

Looking towards the now stiff man, she sighed. Walking over, she grabbed his hand and laced her fingers through his. "Walk me to the car?"

"You bet, kid."

Smiling, the two entered the mansion. Giving hugs and sharing words with a select few, Rogue soon found them before the mansion. Watching as the last of her lugage was placed away within the trunk, she felt him sigh. Facing him, she moved to give him the dog tags about her neck.

"Don't." Logan voiced, placing a hand over her own.

"But this is..."

"Yours, Marie." He calmly replied, running a hand through her hair. "They are yours. Keep them."

"But..."

"Marie, keep them. Their the only thing that I have of my past and I want them to go where the other half of it is. With you."

Sight becoming blured at the double meaning behind his words, tears rapidly fell from her eyes. Launching herself in his arms, she nuzzled her face in his neck. "Ah won't let you down, ah promise."

Hugging her back, he soon let her go and watched as she slid in the back seat. Just as the car moved, she rolled down her window and called him. Rushing over and bending at the waist, he leaned heavily upon the door. "What's wrong?"

"Ah forgot something."

"What?"

Smiling, she leaned forword. "This." Her low and soft southern belle roots purred across his lips, before she gave him a chaste kiss. Pulling back and staring up at his shocked face, she laughed. "Goodbye Logan."

And with that, she was gone.
*********************************
Thanks for reading. Don't forget to review.