Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the last chapter and so tell me what you think. Also look out for my next story coming soon.
~Chapter 11~

Watching as both men glared at the other, she shivered. "Tell me again why I have to be inbetween them."

Sighing, Scott continued to view the ranch style house before them. "Kitty, we can't have one of them dead or..."

"And he's not talking about me, bub." Logan growled.

Gambit merely raised an eyebrow. "Then let us see of the mighty Wolverine can survive his body exploding."

"Men please. Stop behaving like children and be men." Storm voiced, as she helped to bring the jet down onto the barren field. "We need to focus on Rogue and..."

"Just shut-up, Ro." Both Logan and Gambit bit out.

Shaking his head, Scott sighed. "We're down, now let's go get Rogue." Opening the hanger, all slowly and stealthly exited the jet.

Just as they made across the field and moved to enter the house, the door opened.

"X-Men, ready your selves." Scott called, as his hand went to his visor.

Tilting his head, a now freshly clothed Sisnister frowned. "And here I thought to let you all enter my home without a fuss." Pausing, his gaze landed on Gambit. "Hello, old friend. I just wish to say thanks for all your contribution has brought me." Stepping back, he waved his hand in a friendly jesture. "Please, do come in. Rogue dearly wishes for your companionship."

"What have you done to her?" Logan growled, taking a step.

"Nothing, do to you and your healing agent that she has within her. I just needed a few samples, since I could not get a hold of you." Eyeing all, he sighed. "Please, I did not allow you all to enter my land, wishing to only fight. I have two important beings that resign within that I do not wish any harm to." Turning his back, he disappeared into the hall.

Sharing a look, all hesitantly and with their guard on, entered the kitchen and took up after him. A short walk down two halls and down a flight of steps, they came to an open door. As they all entered, all froze.

Including Sinsiter himself.

"Epi! What is the meaning of this?" He yelled.

Jumping the raven beauty rushed to his side and placed a hand on his chest. "It is not what you think, Nathaniel. She is merely insureing that the healing agent that you added in our son's DNA is aiding him. She has the ability to enter his mind."

"How dare you have her..."

"He is my son as well." Her once soft voice sounded, now cold as the iciest winter. "You are too fearful to trust others, but it is you who said that the X-Men would always help one in need. And Daniel needs help." Pushing him, which actually jarred him, she folded her arms. "I trust her and so shall you." With nothing more to say, she turned her back on him, and returned her attention towards the two on the bed.

With her eyes closed and her hand on the two year old's temple, Rogue seemed to ooz power. Hair flowing around her, the little boy's face changed from a stoic expression to a bright smile. Opening her eyes and retracting her hand, she found soft grey eyes staring back.

Gasping, Epi rushed over to her son. Kneeling and running her hand through his unruly mass of raven hair, she smiled. "You're woke, my little Danny."

Raising his hand, the little boy touched her face. "Mama?" His scratchy voice sounded.

"I'm here, my baby." She soothed, kissing his head.

Knowing the two needed a moment, Rogue slowly stood from her position on the bed. But once she tried to take a step, she lost her balance.

OMFF!!!

Looking up and finding watery crimson eyes staring down at her, she froze.

"Thank you." Sinister voiced, as he supported her weight. "Daniel has been deep in slumber for the last three months. This is the first time that he has awoken and...Thank you."

Nodding, her gaze turned towards the others. Giving a weak smile, she eyed them all. "Hey ya'll."

Taking a step both Gambit and Logan gave each other a raised eyebrow.

Sighing, Scott walked over and gathered her in his arms. "I'll take it from here, guys."

Being developed in his arms, Rogue frowned. "What's going on with them two?"

"Let's just say, cat's out the bag. A lil' white fured cat meowed."

Paling and looking from and sad Storm to the two men, she burried her face in his chest. "Is there any way ah can wake up and this could be a ni'mare?"

"Sorry darling. Your luck ain't that good." Logan voiced.

Turning and finding him right beside her, she froze. Staring in his eyes, she saw the silent question he dared not to voice. Without any words, she reached over and allowed him to hold her tired body. Closing her eyes and not wishing to see Gambit's heart broken eyes, she allowed sleep to claim her.

Standing and holding Daniel's hand Epi, smiled. "Rogue said that there was a mutant that could help our son. I...I wish to see this man called 'the Proffessor'?"

Sinsister frowned. "Epilona we don't need..."

"We don't need his help, but our son does, Nathaniel. If this will help him fight whatever it is thats killing him, then I want to talk with him." Voice hardening, she tilted her head. "And this not an option. I'm telling you, Daniel and I are going to meet with this man. With or without your asistance."

Nodding, he faced a baffled Scott. "Tell Xavier to have two rooms ready by noon tomorrow."

"But...But how will you get there?"

"I will create a portal."

"You never been there and..."

"Beast's lab in the sub-basement, is where we shall enter through."

Eyes wide, he gasped. "Your the one who been stealing equipment and..."

Nodding, his gaze landed on Rogue. "When she awakes, tell her that I am forever in her debt. If she needs anything, I will not refuse her."

"As well as myself." His wife stated, sitting on the bed with her son in her lap.

Nodding, Scott led the team back to the jet. Which only seemed more ackward, now that Rogue seemed to have made her decision as of where her heart stands.
**********************************

Rolling Dr. Rayson's words in her head, she felt a headache coming on.

Just as she was turning the corner, she paused as the briefing room doors stood before her. Folding her arms, she frowned.

"You cannot ignore him forever."

Turning and finding Kitty, she lowered her gaze.

"Hey, I know that we're not on the best of terms, but you need to talk to him. The longer you put it off, the more it's going to hurt."

"Talking from expierence?"

She nodded.

"Was it this hard, when you were sleeping with Bobby behind my back?"

Gasping she found doughy brown hues eyeing her. "You have no idea. But yes, it was so hard. I knew that he had my heart and yours, but I just...I couldn't bring myself to tell you. Then when it came out..."

"You wished that you did?"

Sighing, Kitty nodded. "Yeah, but your situation is kind of different from mine."

"How so?"

"Well, for starters, Logan kind of already had dibs on you and Gambit been knew. After the Proffessor tracked him down for Logan to talk to him, you kind of came up and he took an intrest in you." Pausing, she smirked. "Logan about blew a casket and killed him then and there. Luckily Scott was there and stopped that from happening."

"So that's when they stopped fighting and became friends?"

She nodded. "It was strange at first. We all thought that one of them would turn and kill the other. But they didn't."

Facing her, Rogue gave her a true smile. "Oh, congrad Mrs. Drake."

Eyes widdened, Kitty was speechless. "You knew and..."

"Ah may still be pissed at wha' all went down years ago, but ah won't be cold for no reason. But know that we will never be close and ah have no trust for you as before."

"I know. And I'll earn it back."

Nodding, the two entered the briefing room.

Coming to his feet, Bobby eyed the two women.

Exchanging a smile, both went to their lover. Kissing his lips, Kitty took her seat, as Rogue was roughly pulled into Logan's lap.

Clearing his throat, Charles sighed. "So it seems that there is love her and..."

"Actually, Gambit has a conffession that needs to be heard."

Pausing, he gave him a small nod.

Standing and facing Rogue, he gave a low smile. "You once questioned me why Gambit always vanished and disappeared, well, the truth is ma' chere...that I am wedded to Bella."

Eyes wide as saucers, she found herself fighting against the metel hold around her waist. "You are such a motha'fuckn liar! You dare make me feel guilty when it was ya' ass who is married!"

"I was going to divorce her, but she is expecting and..."

"Oh let me go, sugar! Ah gonna rip him a new one!"

Shaking his head, Charles merely sighed and looked to a smirking Dr. Rayson. "Is this normal for you?"

He nodded.

"How do you deal with it?"

"Their young. Let them work it out. Rogue has a strong man by her side that I actually see as her equal and one who will stay by her side." Shifting gears, he cleared his throat. "Rogue, I need an answer from our earlier convensation."

Allowing her anger to subside for the moment, she sighed. "Ah'm going to stay here at the institue with the Proffessor and..."

RAM!!!

Turning, all found the door boucing off the wall, as a teary eyed Angela running in the room. Moving towards her, she grabbed her hand. "Don't leave me again Roguey!" Her trembling voice sounded.

Kneeling and running a hand through her hair, she frowned. "What's all this about?"

"I know you want to stay. Please don't leave me again. Your just like my momma, before she found out I was a mutant. I can't lose another momma."

Smiling and picking her up, she smiled. "If you would've allowed your gift of forsight to guide you, you would've known that I wanted to keep you here with me, Ang."

Face instantly brightening, she hugged her as she cried out of joy.

Rubbing lil bit's back, Logan retracted a small velvet box from his pocket. "Guess this is the right time for this then." Opening it and dropping to a knee, he gave Rogue a wolfish smile. "Kid, we been through heaven and hell, but it's always been you who had my back and these last few weeks, my heart." Scratching his head, he gave a small nervous laugh. "I was uh...wondering if ya..." Looking up in her smiling eyes, he cursed. "Ah hell, darling. Anna Marie will you merry this ruff neck of a brute that I at times can be?"

"Yes."

Sliding the ring on her hand, he pulled her and the lil bit into his arms and kissed her for all it was worth. As at the same time, Angela was giggling in between the two.

Laughing, Scott shook his head. "Leave it to him to take the most imortant day of a woman's life and scramble it up. Only he could pull off a purposal like that and not get rejected."

Charles laughed. "Quite the contrary. The wedding day is the most important day of her life. And if he messes that up..."

"He's bird food." Angela finished, which all couldn't help but to fall into a fit of laughter at.

Pulling her into his arms and wrapping the other around his fionce, Logan smirked. "So, what was it that you wanted to say again Chuck?"

"Nothing...it can wait till tomorrow. After all, we're a real team for once and we need to celebrate." Raising his glass of water, he smiled. "Congrads Rogue and Logan. May the future hold lesser struggles and bliss that even the gods would envy."

Raising their glasses, all shared in the toast.

Standing, Dr. Rayson smiled. "And cheers to love today and the fight tomorrow."

"Now, I'll toast to that." Scott stated and downed his water.
*********************FIN***********************

Thanks for reading and I know that it just suddenly came to an end, but I will start on another story soon. It may continue or not, I not sure now but tell me what you think and thanks for reading.!!!!