Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: Buffy characters and plot lines belong to Joss. X-Men characters and plot lines belong to Marvel. I'm just combining them.



A/N: This is my first X-Men/Buffy crossover and I'm really excited for it. It was inspired into fruition by my friend eurothrased from livejournal.

Dawn took a sip of her tea, leaning back in the chair she was currently resting in. New York was definitely one of her favorite states, and she had seen plenty of them due to the recruitment of potentials.

Dawn looked across the table at her friend, who was carefully sipping a coffee mug. She put the mug down and readjusted her elbow length gloves before trying to pull her sleeves down, again.

“You don’t love him,” Dawn said softly, before sipping her tea.

Her companion started, nearly spilling her raised coffee cup. Meeting Dawn’s eyes, she put down her coffee cup before tracing the rim. They had been avoiding this subject ever since they first met each other.

“No,” Rogue admitted. “I don’t love Bobby.”

“You love Logan though,” Dawn commented casually between sips.

“Yes,” Rogue hissed out.

“He’ll never love you back, you know,” Dawn replied nonchalantly.

Rogue glared at her newfound friend, her green eyes flashing. “Neither will Spike. He’ll always be pining after his precious Buffy,” Rogue sneered.

“Oh and Logan is so much better,” Dawn bit out, her own green eyes flashing. “He practically kisses the ground that Jean walks on.”

“You have no chance at all,” they said.

Silently, they looked down into their cups. It was in that silence they realized that they were only talking to themselves. Dawn bit the inside of her cheek to keep from crying, but Rogue couldn’t keep it in. A single tear fell down her cheek.

Quietly, Dawn reached out and cupped her face. Dawn was about to withdraw when she realized her mistake, but realized she didn’t have to. They stared at each other, silently amazed at Dawn’s apparent immunity to Rogues power.

Slowly, oh so slowly, Dawn leaned closer to Rogue, searching for that necessary contact.

.end.