Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter 5
 
A/N: My wicked sense of humor helped me pick this chapter’s song…Thank you everyone for reviewing!  I hope this chapter satisfies your Rogan appetites!  :-P
 
By Cutting Crew, “I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight”
“Oh I just died in your arms tonight, it must have been something you said, I just died in your arms tonight, Oh I just died in your arms tonight, it must’ve been some kind of kiss…”
Logan awoke to the feel of a cool wash rag gently stroking his forehead.  The roar of the storm outside had died down to a lull, but the wind still whistled angrily through the bottom of the window sill behind the headboard.  Heat soaked into his skin, oozing from the fireplace and drifting upwards to the pile of quilts on top of the bed tucked securely around his body.  Keeping his eyes closed, he gingerly winced at the faint feeling of throbbing, agonizing pain pulsing through his skull.  His nose whiffed slightly in the air.  Marie’s warm, healthy scent poured over him like a waterfall, making him curl his toes in pleasure.
 
“Logan?”  Marie’s soft voice asked.  Her voice sounded scratchy, as if she had a cold.  He could feel the heat of her body laying next to his own.  Angrily, the Wolverine snarled at the feel of her soft cotton flannel pajamas, still caught in the memory of flesh molding to flesh.
 
Attempting to push his feral feelings aside, Logan peeled one eye open, lazily.  The sound of her voice made his heart beat slightly faster, a mild adrenaline rush flooding his system.  The beast inside of him roared, claws unsheathing, at a mental image of her too cold, so still body in his bone breaking embrace.  The Wolverine’s half-lidded hazel eyes fluttered beneath thick lashes.  A gloved hand reached out to stroke the side of his cheek, supple calf leather inadequate compared to the feeling of lips on lips.
 
Marie moved closer, he could feel her breath on his cheek.  The Wolverine pounced, three hundred pounds of naked, virile muscle and sinew pinning Marie’s body to the bed, which creaked ominously.  A faint yelp of surprise slipped from between Marie’s lips as he leaned in closer to her neck, nose inhaling her scent.  Marie was flushed, her cheeks a brilliant red, eyes swollen and red from crying.  Instinctively, she avoided eye contact, exposing her neck to the Wolverine in submission.  Each time the tip of his nose slid across her skin, a gentle electric shock rippled through his nervous system, making Wolverine let out a throaty growl-like purr.
 
His knees still pinning her lower body to the bed, his hands explored her tense body, gently checking for any earlier, unnoticed damages.  Every time Marie attempted to wiggle way from him, his teeth closed gently on the junction of her neck and collar bone through the collar of her flannel shirt, disciplining her for her actions.  His nose followed his hands on their trek downwards, broad, weathered hands pinning her wrists down to the bed on either side of her body. A tiny squeal slipped from Marie’s clenched lips as the Wolverine’s teeth nibbled along the edge of her pajama bottoms, making her stomach flip upside down.  The Wolverine purred loudly again, and she crossed her ankles, determined not to let him catch a whiff of the heat that thundered through her veins.  It was a lost cause though.  Marie could smell her own arousal, could taste it in the air.  She could smell Logan, his enhanced senses letting her over-sensitive nose pick every whiff of the maleness he exuded.  Marie didn’t need her nose to feel the rock hard organ pinned beneath his heavy hips on her thigh, nor did she need her now over-sensitive ears to play her the rhythm of her pounding-almost-to-the-point-of-exploding heart.

"Sugar...," Marie managed to squeak out, "My skin's invulnerable, remember? You don't gotta..."

The click of teeth slamming together and a sharp growl from the general area of her nether regions made her breath catch in her lungs. Inside her head, Logan chuckled slightly.

'Let him figure it out for himself,' the calmer alter-ego soothed.

Marie was hardly pacified, she felt as if the Logan in her head wasn't helping, only watching eagerly. Wolverine's nose snuffled its way into the apex of her thighs, a sharp nip to the tender, soft flesh startling her and making her uncross her ankles. The Wolverine chuckled delightedly, taking the opportunity to gently maneuver one adamantium enhanced elbow between her legs, prying them apart delicately. Firm fingers trailed their way up her legs, causing Marie to tremble. Her body felt like it was on fire. One metal claw shot out of Wolverine's right fist. Grinning devilishly, he slit the crotch of her pajama pants, revealing the funky, full coverage satin striped undies she'd yanked on after situating him on the bed earlier that evening.

'Nice.' head-Logan growled, 'You know what's coming next, right kid?' He laughed at her silent admonishment that 'NO! She was not a child!' as he bombarded her with several graphic memories of what a Wolverine could do with lady parts.

"Oh...God." she whispered, hips bucking slightly in response to his mental onslaught. Marie imagined her over-sensitized skin could feel every molecule of hot air that Wolverine breathed, and her eyes rolled back into her head when something hot and wet slid gently across her satin covered crotch. Was that his...tongue?!

A quick glance downward confirmed, that YES, that was his tongue, and holy stinking shit, where did he learn to do that?! A guttural groan tore from her lips, every inch of her skin quivered as the Wolverine switched from tongue to teeth, gently grabbing and pulling on something that made her almost careen over the edge of something unbelievably amazing.

"Beg." a soft, calm voice commanded. The sudden loss of sensation made her writhe beneath him. "I said, beg!" he repeated, teeth accompanying his command. She let out a breathless moan, looking down into the lustful eyes of the Wolverine crouched between her legs. Did Logan know what was going on right now, or did the Wolverine completely consume control like some evil twin lurking beneath the surface?

'You gotta understand,' head-Logan whispered, 'We're a package deal. We know what we're doing.'

Marie barely comprehended what he said, almost screaming as another, gentle, firm tug made her hands fist tightly in his damp black hair. "Please...," she whispered, plaintively.

"I didn't hear you." he snarled.

"Please...Logan!" she hissed, "Please?"

Chuckling, the Wolverine pulled back from her abruptly, leaving her dangling on a precipice of pleasure. "No."

"What?" Marie whispered, mouth gaping open like a fish out of water. Her skin was fiery red, her hair strewn about her in a chocolate mess. Head-Logan thought she looked delicious enough to eat. "Why?" she almost wailed.

It wasn't the Wolverine who grinned back at her, but a very self-satisfied, snarky Logan,"Because maybe the next time you do something effin stupid like walking out into the middle of a blizzard, you'll think about the consequences."

With that, he turned and trudged downstairs. "Taking a shower, mind making dinner?" he called from the bottom of the stairs.

"Fuck you! See if I try to save your life, EVER again!" she hissed, under her breath, then flopped over miserably into one of the pillows that adorned their bed.

"I heard that!" snarky Logan called.

"Sonufabitch!" Marie growled, fingers fisted in the covers nearby. It was going to be a long damn winter.
Chapter End Notes:
Lemme know what you think! :)