Chapter 7


The caravan took the back-roads northwards over the US-Canadian border bypassing the border patrol. Logan pulled over to a small gas station to fill up his truck and Jubilee pulled in behind him to do the same. Everyone got out to stretch out their legs. As Logan and Jubilee were gassing up their vehicles, Rogue and Scott started walking around the parking lot.

Scott walked over to Rogue and took her hand in his, and they walked hand in hand towards the road, neither speaking, just enjoying each others company. When they reached the road, Rogue stopped and Scott stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on top of her hair. “What are you thinking about?”

“Hmm? Thinking? Can't say that I was thinking of anything actually. I'm kinda enjoying not thinking.” Rogue smiled and rubbed her gloved hands over his. She looked down the road and saw a small roadside hotel. “Think we could crash over there for the night? I'm bout ready to rest for the night. I'm about rode out ya know?”

“I understand completely. I can't stand riding as a passenger for long trips. Makes me feel kind of car sick. Don't tell anyone that though. Its our little secret.” Scott mock whispered to Rogue.

Rogue laughed. “I promise not to tell a soul. I bet I can convince Jubes to let you drive tomorrow. She can ride with Logan, if you want. I'll take the passenger seat. What do you think?”

“I'd like that very much.” Scott rubbed his chin across Rogue's hair softly.

Rogue blushed, “Good its set then.”

“Mmm-hmm.” Scott started threaded his fingers through Rogue's and hugged her closer to his chest. His eyes closed and he started rocking them both side to side a little. He leaned down to whisper in her ear, “Now that I have you where I want you, I don't want to let you go.”

Rogue blushed even redder, “Oh yeah? Whatcha gonna do with me then?” She couldn't believe it. Was she actually flirting with Scott?

He kissed her ear keeping using her hair as a barrier. “I can think of quite a few things.” His breath tickled her ear while he alternately nibbled and kissed it.

Rogue moaned and tilted her head to the side giving him more access.

Scott, clutched her hips in his hands and pulled her closer, rubbing up against her. He growled into her ear, “Please tell me you have one of those flimsy, filmy scarfs with you. I wanna kiss you so bad baby.”

“HEY YOU TWO! GET A ROOM!” Jubilee shouted and started laughing when Rogue and Scott jumped apart.

“GREAT IDEA!” Scott shouted back at her and he caught Rogues hand back in his and they started walking towards the motel.

“Ha! Don't think anyone ever actually got a room when that was yelled before.” Jubes said to Logan.

“Nope, can't say as I've ever seen that happen before either. But they got a good idea. I wouldn't mind stopping for the night and getting a few beers.” Logan indicated to the bar across the way.

Jubilee looked at the bar for a moment then said, “First round is on me, if you get the rest!”

“Nah I'll treat ya. I have a feeling it will be just you and me though, those two looked kind of um busy. And you can tell me what else is on that video, so that when I see the whole thing I won't go crazy. I have a feeling I haven't seen the worst part yet have I?” Logan finished pumping his gas and put up the nozzle.

“Nope, just the tip of the iceberg Wolvie. Just the tip of the iceberg.” Jubilee frowned. “I'm going to need a lot of beer to talk about it though. Lets go get those rooms.” Jubilee finished up with her gas, paid the attendant and walked back to her Jeep. She got in a pulled out and headed towards the motel that Scott and Rogue were just checking into.

She met up with Scott and Rogue outside the office. “You guys get a room?”

Rogue nodded to Jubilee.

“Good. Tomorrow were gonna have to find some place to buy a few changes of clothes around here. I'll ask the manager if there is anything around here. The pickings will be slim, but what the hell. When in the backwoods of Canada, we dress as the Canadian rednecks would dress.” Jubilee smirked at the other two.

“Good plan.” Scott looked down at Rogue then back up at Jubilee. “I think we can grab some food to eat at that diner across the way if that is agreeable with you two.”

“Nah, Logan and I are gonna head over to that bar, but you two should go eat without us. If I get hungry I'll just eat some bar food.” Jubilee pointed to the bar back down the road over by the gas station.

“Sure thing Jubes. Don't let Logan drink you under a table though. There's no way you can match him drink for drink. That damn healing factor of his gives him quite an edge.” Rogue warned her friend.

“No problemo chicka. I don't want to deal with a hangover tomorrow so I'm not planning on getting too smashed.” She looked over to see Logan pulling in beside her. “Guess we'll get checked in and see you in the morning?”

“Sounds good. Have fun and be safe. We'll be in room 105 if you need us.” Scott said to Jubilee. Then he and Rogue started walking towards their room.

Logan and Jubilee went together into the office of the motel to get checked in themselves. After checking into their own rooms, they met back at Logan's truck and started walking towards the bar. Logan looked over at his companion and asked, “Ready for those beers?”

“You have no idea how ready.” She put one arm around Logan's arm and started dragging him towards the bar faster. “Move it slow poke, I hear the kegs calling our names now!”

Logan laughed and walked with her arm and arm to the bar. Yah he definitely needed some beers for tonight's discussion.