Story Notes:
This is another one that came out of the challenge generator. "car stalled // belt buckle" Might have taken the prompt a bit loosely, but ah well, that's the point.

This one is dedicated to the people who reviewed my first story- I was honestly not expecting to get any, and I was incredibly happy that I did. I love you guys.

(And please note I know absolutely nothing about engines, so if what I've written isn't entirely accurate... well, then, go read an auto magazine, this is just fanfiction, you know.)
Author's Chapter Notes:
Somewhere in Arizona...
“Give me your pantyhose.”

Excuse me?” My indignity just then may have been belied a bit by the fact that came out as a squeak. Seriously though, what? Here we are in the middle of fucking nowhere, stranded on what is possibly the most depressing stretch of highway in the country, it’s well into triple-digit heat, and now Logan is asking me to take my clothes off? This is not exactly how my fantasies about this have run. Sure I pictured us all hot and sweaty, but not before the activities had even started. Why does Logan even know the word pantyhose?

“Take them off.”

That one was a definite growl, he was well past irritated now, but I wasn’t about to go stripping in front of him without an explanation. Even if he did look real nice, all hot and bothered, little rivulets of sweat sliding down his bare chest… did I mention he was shirtless? First thing he did when he popped the hood of the car was to pull off that thin wife beater he was wearing, balling it up in his fist, using it to unscrew the thingamacap from the doohickey so he could pour some sort of liquid into it to cool it off, I don’t remember exactly what he said because I was way too distracted by shirtless Logan bending over a steaming engine, but he said even if his skin would grow back in a few seconds he wasn’t in the mood for any third degree burns, and I certainly wasn‘t going to argue at his choice of oven mitt.

Rogue.”

“Um, what?” Shit. I totally got distracted there and he said something and I missed it and I really hope he didn’t notice the fact I was staring at his chest. Again.

“The fan belt is busted. It’s why the engine overheated.” He was speaking slowly, half-growl, like he was trying to explain something very simple to someone very stupid. Which, ok, I might have looked right then, all blank and staring, and damn it, was my mouth hanging open? “I need your pantyhose to fix it. Either take them off, or I will do it for you.”

That last was supposed to be a threat, but of course my mind had to jump to all sorts of different places and ok I really hope I didn’t just blush. I was half-tempted to see if he really would do it, but his eyes were flashing that dangerous look and even if it was sexy as hell I knew better than to test the Wolverine when he looked like that. Instead I grumbled out a “Fine, whatever,” sliding my hands under my skirt so I could tug down the nylons, not really trying to keep from flashing him my underwear because I knew it would make him uncomfortable and I felt I deserved a little retribution, and yep, there it was, an awkward squirm and his eyes suddenly looking intently at the engine like it was about to fly away if he didn’t glare at it. Heh. When I was done I balled them up and shoved them at his chest with an irritated, “There, happy?” Though now that that they were off I had to admit it felt a lot better anyway, and it was really silly to be wearing pantyhose in this kind of heat in the first place, but my control wasn’t steady yet and I still felt uncomfortable going around with my legs bare, even if it was just me and Logan in the car and he knew enough not to brush against my leg when he was changing gears. Or maybe I just wanted to give him the option of brushing against my leg when he was changing gears.

“I would have been happier if you had paid attention and not overheated my engine in the first place,” he snarled back as he removed some rubber thing and tossed it onto the side of the road, then started to wind my pantyhose in its place.

“It’s not my fault your stupid belt buckle broke!”

“Fan belt,” he ground out, as he finished his makeshift replacement of such, tearing off the excess nylon and slamming the hood closed.

“Whatever.” Like I cared. Either way, it was my undergarments he was using. He should be grateful to me. I told him as much.

“If you had paid attention, and hadn’t had the air up so damn high, I coulda fixed it before it overheated. You’re lucky the whole damn engine didn’t blow. That‘s the last time I let you drive.” Ok, not so grateful. Damn it. I liked driving. Meant I was the one who could ‘accidentally’ brush my gloved hand up against his thigh when I switched gears.

“Logan, even your healing factor doesn’t mean you can drive 3 days without sleeping.” Ha. That was true, and he knew it.

“Then we’ll get a motel room. There’s no way I’m letting you behind the wheel again.”

I could have protested, but, well, we’d been on the road for days now, and a motel room sounded mighty good. I could wash the road off me, and, y’know, maybe they’d only have one room left, just one bed, Logan and I would have to share, in the middle of the night I’d wake up from a nightmare and he’d comfort me and stroke my hair, then move his hand down to my cheek and I’d be in perfect control as he slid his lips onto mine and…

“Are you coming, kid?”

Oh, crap. While I’m standing here fantasizing he’s already back in the car, got the engine running and regarding me standing on the side of the road like an idiot with this bemused-slash-scowling expression on his face. I scramble into the car and try not to look any more foolish than I already do. “Sorry.”

He grunts by way of acknowledgment as he pulls back onto the highway. Then he’s glancing down at my legs and I shift awkwardly. After a moment he looks back up, eyes on the road, and remarks coolly, “You know, you should leave your legs bare more often.”

Um. Oh. Did Logan just notice my legs? Did Logan just say he likes my legs? That he wants to see my legs? Not quite those words, but still. Ohmahgod. I think I’m blushing again; yep, mirror confirms it. Somehow I manage to not make my voice too high-pitched and respond more or less calmly, “Oh? You think so?”

“Yeah. You’re pale as hell.”

It’s my turn to scowl while he just chuckles.