Story Notes:
[this is the same story as posted on another site, but this is the unabridged version complete with the -more adult- chapters]
.

...

.....

-Simply Electric-

.

It had been almost a month.

.

who was he kidding?

.

it had been 26 days.

.

26 days.

And Ten hours.

And thirty four minuets.

.

If he didn’t know himself better, he would swear he was quoting rent, had he ever seen that movie?

.

Wait.

.

Rogue loved it, sang the songs all the time.

.

His mind flickered to another time another place-

.

...

.....



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Logan, ah know you said you didn’t know what ‘ta get me for my birthday, so I was wondering something Sugah,”

.

“what’s that Kid?” Logan looked up at Rogue standing before him, she was no longer a kid, but that didn’t change how he looked at her.

.

He didn’t let it.

.

“well, Rent is back on Broadway. Maybe you could take me ‘ta see it.”

.

Logan smirked, and even chuckled a bit as he watched her squirm under his gaze.

.

“Kiddo, you need to read your mail every once in a while.”

.

He had bought her tickets when he was in Canada, had been trying to apologize for running out on her. She had tried to spent time with him on his birthday. A day she had picked for him, he didn’t know his real birthday, so he had let her pick a day for him, exactly one month before hers so they both would always remember it.

.

He had run out to go looking for phantoms of his past and she had called him crying, he had missed his birthday, and when he seen they had tickets for rent for sale he had jumped at the opportunity, even thought he knew that hearing the actors sing those songs would be nothing like hearing her half hum, half sing them.

.

He had even sat throught the entire musical, her hand nestled within his much larger hand.

.

He had almost kissed her that night.

.

..

...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


.

..

...

He longed to kiss her now.

.

Her hand was nestled within his own as he sat beside the bed watching her waiting for her to regain consciousness.

.

Her lips were still swollen, bruised, and mottled with little cuts, she hadn’t been healing very well and he had no idea why.

.

26 days.

.

She had been in a coma for 26 days, ever since she had been nearly trampled to death by a reprogrammed sentinel.

.

He still thought it was his fault.

It wasn’t.

.

..

...

He looked at her still, even beaten and bruised he was happy she at least lived, took a second to be glad that when he had lifted her crumpled body from the ground that she had reached for him, her hands bare as she ran them over his neck, she had let her lips brush his cheek sending the familiar feeling of static electricity course through him as she leeched some of his healing factor before she lost consciousness.

.

Then there was nothing.

.

For 26 days she had not drained one seconds worth of his healing factor from him.

.

And he had been holding her hand every day.

.

It killed him.

.

..

...

Every day he had sat there watching her, watching her visitors come and go, watching as hank checked her vitals every few hours. Hank luckily had given up telling logan to get some rest.

.

He had been here long after her ’boyfriend’ had stopped coming as often, it had been nearly eight days since gambit had come at all.

.

When had time meant so much to him?

.

..

...