Author's Chapter Notes:
Yup chapter 8. Oooh what did Wolverine hand to Rogue. I wonder I wonder....

Disclaimer : I do not own any of these characters.
Jean follows Vertigo down corridors and stairs. Turning a corner they meet up with Remy, leaning against a wall, enjoying every inhale off his cigarette. Noticing the two ladies walking toward him, he straightens up and puts out the cigarette.

"Bone soir mes belles. Jean I hope you were able to find everytin you needed."

"Yes, thank you."

"OK. Apres-vous."

Opening the door to his left, he gestures with his right arm for the women to go ahead. Silently, he closes the door and follows behind. Jean gasps at the gruesome sight before her. A man with snow white skin, jet black hair, razor teeth and crimson eyes sits on his supposed throne staring at his newly arrived guests. At once he is aware of her fear. Slowly he rises and takes a few steps toward her.

"Come my daughter, there is no reason to fear me. I realize that I may look a little...Sinister, but I can assure you that you have nothing to fear."

Jean doesn't move. Frozen, she continues to stare at this monster of a man claiming to be her father.

*~*~*~*~*

Rogue unwraps the object that Wolverine has placed in front of her gently. Slowly moving the material round and round, until, a hint of silver flashes. A smile. Finally, it's been so long since he's seen her smile like that. A kid in a toy store smile. Logan takes a swig of his beer and places the mug back down.

Holding the object out in front of her with her arms to their full extent, she continues to smile. Her face feels like it will tear if she lets her smile grow any bigger.

"Logan...it's beautiful! But what possessed y'ah to...Ah mean what did Ah do to...?"

His heart warms. This was the reaction he was hopping for. That light which had always there, had been gone for some time, but now it's back. Her soul seemed to be lighting back up again.

"It really is beautiful. Ah love it. Don't think ah have ever had such a wonderful bracelet."

She slips it on to her wrist and snaps it close. Then she notices something, an engraving. ROGUE written in a seemingly see through blueish light.

"Rogue. This ain't just a fancy piece of jewelry you got there."

"Ah can see that..."

"No, here's the thing. It's special."

Intrigued, she raises a brow in his direction. Logan takes another swig of his beer to finish it off and wipes his mouth with his forearm.

"Special, Logan? How?"

"Well first thing, it's made out of adamantium..."

"Logan that's imposs..."

"Impossible, I know. Don't ask me how, but Hank managed to..."

"Hank?"

"Yeah Hank. Anyways, he somehow managed to figure out a way to melt a bit of that crap to make this."

"But where did y'all get the..."

"Never mind that for now darlin. The best part of this little gadget is that it... sorry I can't remember the word starts with a D, anyways, it turns off your powers. All of them."

"What...?"

"Y'ah heard me right. It turns off all of your powers."

Rogues eyes tear up and she stares again at her name in glowing blue. My powers, off. How? She faces Logan, her brow is covered in a lite sweat and her face is flushed.

"Are y'ah sure it works?"

"Yeah I'm sure. Emma was our test subject. Just remember, whenever you're wearing that thing, your powerless. And, it's indestructible, just like me darlin." Wolverine gives Rogue a wink and starts fiddling in his pockets, looking for more cash, his eyes wondering around the bar, looking for the bartender. "Now where did he run off to?"

Rogue is still in shock. It can't possibly work. Not true. Powers off. Indestructible. She had to know. Needed to test it out. With ought thinking, she takes of her gloves and reaches across the table and grabs hold of Logan's hands. Both of them stunned, waiting. A minute goes bye, still nothing. It works. It really works. She can feel his skin, his tough palms, muscular grip. His hands squeezing her own, and she actually feels a tiny bit of tension. All her powers really are gone! Overcome with amazement, she throws herself over the table and wraps her arms around his neck in a tight hug. A young female walks by and raises her nose in disgust.

"Get a room."

Usually, to a comment like that Logan would have a word or two, but right now, he was having a hard time breathing.

"It works... It works."

"You better have a hug like this in store for Hank, he made the damn thing."

Rogue eases off and stands up. Wiping her tears of joy away, she continues to stare at the marvel on her wrist.

"Of course..."