Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter has been reviewed and revamped.
Ok. I know I know, this is a very short chapter, but with good reason. It's kind of my way of deviding...trust me...it works. I'm pretty sure this chapter is the smallest so far, but I have planned it that way. So no worries. Still way more to come!

Disclaimer : I do not own any X-men...boo hoo!
Saturday. What’s not to love about this day? For most, there’s no school in session, no work, just a day filled with relaxation and the heart’s pleasures.

Hank McCoy. Genius. Scientist. Role model. Today, his day is the same as every other Saturday. He’s busy as usual, tinkering away with some new experiment, some fascinating new toy of his. For the man known as Beast, this is fun, this is relaxing, this is his get away.

Hank is far too preoccupied reading the latest articles by world renown scientists on his laptop, far too preoccupied to even notice his lab door open. The door opens and Logan steps in, holding a medium sized brown material bag.

“Hey. I got that junk you asked me t’ah look for while I was traveling.”

Wolverine tosses the bag onto the nearby stainless steal table. It slides a bit and makes its way towards Hanks elbow. Logan raises a brow in disbelief. I don’t believe that he doesn’t hear or see me. With no sign of acknowledgment, Logan decides to light his cigar.

“Now Logan, I know you don’t plan on doing that in here.”

“Nah, just testing yah.”

Beast closes his laptop and turns his attention to the bag. Opening it, he sighs. “You know Wolverine, I’m not sure all of this is going to work.”

“Yah, yah. I know. Doesn’t hurt to try, right?”

“Of corse not.”

*~*~*~*~*

It’s taken sometime, but with great effort, she has finally managed to stop shivering. Even though she has been dry and warm for quite sometime, she could still feel the ice cold water in her bones.

Jean’s sitting huddled on the floor in front of a marble fireplace, the flames hot and welcoming. Rocking herself back and forth, she tries to remember. So many images, so many sounds, so many feelings. But what did they all mean? Why did the fire poke at her curiosity? Why did she keep thinking about eyes? She knew that she had known someone with strange eyes. How it frustrated her to not remember.

“Chere. What you doin on da floor? Dis chair much more comfy.” Gambit walks in balancing a tray, holding a steaming kettle and mugs. Carefully, he makes his way towards her and places the tray on the floor next to her.

“It would do you some good to drink something warm chere.”

He pores her a generous amount of tea in a mug. Then he notices something, she’s staring at him, but why? Reading his thoughts? Doubtful. She didn’t even know her name, he doubts that she remembers even being able to do anything like that. But then what was she looking at? Something behind him maybe. Remy looks over his left and right shoulder, nothing there, so he takes a look around the room, still nothing.

“Ah, you see something chere? You know being in dat cold water might have...”

“Uh, no. No. I’m...I’m sorry. I was just looking...looking at your eyes. They seem so familiar.”

*~*~*~*~*

A nap. Cyclops hardly ever took naps, but there were exceptions.

He woke up before her, of course, she had been up most of the night and most of the morning. The sun was still beaming, it’s light still warm. How he wished he could have more times like these. After all, these are the moments that make the best memories. Noticing that the skin on her shoulder is bare, he tugs at the blankets and wraps her up gently. Her skin, so smooth, he could never understand how she managed to keep it so smooth. That’s a delight he’ll keep to himself, no need for her to fuss over something else. Tracing the outline of her curves with his palm, he realizes how lucky he really is.

“Saturday. No need for a work out today.”

Scott shuffles his body closer to Emma’s and wraps his arm around her. Smiling, he kisses her head gently and rests, enveloping his face in her hair. Another feature he loved so much, her smell, he could never get enough of it.
Chapter End Notes:
God this one is short, but like I said. It has a purpose.