Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeehah! Another chapter up. I'm on a role. Well I hope you enjoy! We are slowly getting to see more and more into our little mad mans mind. Soon we will find out what he plots ;)

Disclaimer : Unfortunately I do not own any of the x-men.
Emma tosses and turns in her bed. Finally, tired of not being able to fall asleep she sits up. Making sure not to make to much noise, she steps out of bed, and slips out into the hallway. Scott lifts his head slightly, rolls over and stares out the window.

Emma’s not the only one awake at this hour, she enters the kitchen and finds Rogue sipping on a coffee, reading a book.

“You are up early.”

“Me? Up early? Ah guess you could say that.” Rogue winks, lowers her mug from her lips and continues to read her book. Emma’s face softens as she realizes that Rogue probably hasn’t even thought about going to bed yet.

“Dearest. You really should get some rest. You do realize that it’s four in the morning?”

“Yeah. Ah know. Just can’t seem to sleep well now a days.”

Emma grabs herself a cup of coffee and sits next to Rogue. Concern written all over her face, she rests her palm on Rogues glove covered hand.

“You know, if you are having trouble sleeping, we could prescribe you something to help...”

Seeing the sincerity in her eyes, Rogue sighs and sips at her coffee once more. “Thanks, Emma. Ah appreciate it, really Ah do. But Ah want to get bettah on mah own.”

“I understand. Well the offer is always open if you change your mind.”

Rogue smiles warmly and then continues reading. Feeling the stare of the White Queen still on her, Rogue tilts her head to her shoulder.

“What? Emma, what is it?”

Frost turns her gaze to the kitchen doorway and smirks lightly, hugging her shoulder with her chin. Rogues eyes are still buried in the pages of her book, not paying any attention to where Emma is looking.

“You know, Rogue, it’s not healthy for you staying here all the time. You need to get out and have some fun. And not just with me all the time.”

Rogue raises her brow intrigued at Emma’s comment. “Oh really? And what should Ah do? And who should Ah go with then? Ah hope you don’t think Ah would ever go out on a shopping spree with Mystique.”

Giggling, Rogue turns the page of her book, still confident that she can finish her chapter, even with Emma’s intrusions.

“I know there aren’t many girls here your age anymore, other then myself and a few new comers. But I still think it would be good for you to find someone that has things in common with yourself. You know, someone to hang out with and talk to.”

“Thank yah for your concern, Emma, but Ah prefer to be alone. Ah’ve always preferred to have mah alone time.”

“Ok. I get the hint. I’m going now.” Emma lets out a small giggle, picks up her cup of coffee and heads for the library. Just before she heads down the hall, she stops in her tracks, sipping away at her coffee.

“Yeah, yeah. I get it. I still think that was dirty.”

“Oh, my dear Logan, why on earth would you say that. After all, I’m not the one eavesdropping.” Smiling devilishly, she continues her strut down the hall and into the library.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Gambit enters a bedroom, carrying the still weakened Jean. Still wrapped in his trench-coat, she whimpers and shivers as he lays her gently down onto a giant black and red silken bed. Remy begins to rummage through drawers and closets throughout the room, looking for something warm and dry to cover her in. Defeated, he begins his search outside the room and finds himself in the main hall.

“Gambit. I trust Jean is doing well? Are you looking for something?” The mad scientists holds out some towels and a nightgown and offers them to Remy.

“Jean? Yah she’s fine. Just lookin for some clothes. She’s soaked right through.” Remy takes the offering and nods thankfully. “Gambits got a question.”

The man’s red eyes pierce through the dark and his figure shifts a bit.

“How did you know it was her?”