Story Notes:
This is the first ever X-men story that I started and that I am still currently working on. I hope you enjoy. Please remember to Read & Review :)

Remember that this story does take place just after the Golgotha event. I have changed somethings that have happened or have happened previously to my imagination. Example, Rogue still has all her powers. That to me is just plain Rogue, I can't picture her going without them. Again, enjoy.

A.N : ~*~*~*~ represents either a change in time or place.

Disclaimer : I do not own any of the X-men
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter will set us up. We will learn where we are with the main characters in the story and the main characters will be introduced.
Depression. Denial. Loneliness. Confusion.

What a perfect recipe for heartache.

Even on a perfect day, she couldn’t stop thinking about it all. So much had happened. So much had changed. He had changed, more then once. She couldn’t comprehend it all, but that didn’t matter, time still moved and she had learnt to accept it. He was not going to be coming back this time. Even if he wanted to, he had crossed the line to the point of no return.

Rogue was sitting under the outstretched cooling arms of her favorite maple. The sun was setting, it’s bright orange rays warming everything it touched. Autumn was fresh in the air. Multicolored leaves danced around in an endless waltz. Everything was calm, but her mind. The so many whys that lingered unanswered were her endless torture for the past few months. The many questions that burned in her heart that she knew would go forever unanswered.

Just as she starts to let her thoughts wonder on the many answers He could possibly give her, she gets distracted. A sound of a match lighting up catches her attention, and the oh so familiar smell of a cigar filling the air. Rogue continues her gaze at the sun, as if not startled.

“Ain’t seen yah around in sometime now Logan.” Rogue continues her gaze at the sun, as if not startled. “Ah thought for sure this time around you’d be gone longer then usual.”

“Well, you and me both know, that there ain’t nothing usual bout me, darlin.”

Logan brings the cigar back to his lips for another inhale. He winces one eye shut as the smoke is drifted by with the wind. Leaning against the tree, he tosses his backpack from his shoulder to the ground.

Rogue doesn’t even budge as his half empty bag nudges her as it lands in the grass. “So did yah just get back?”

Wolverine raises a brow and removes the cigar from his mouth. He looks over the surroundings, realizing that the sun is setting. “Yeah, just got in. Thought it was going to be later when I got back.”

No matter how much Logan loved being home, he hated when everyone all at once realized he was back. Coming home late was the one luxury he gave himself, but for some reason, this time it was different. Everything was different.

“So where did yah go?”

Wolverine stares at the pond and trees and doesn’t seem to hear Rogues question. Realizing he must not have heard her, she turns her head and shoulders up towards him slightly.

“Hey, Logan. Ah said, so where did yah go?”

Shaking his head lightly, he bends his knees to sit beside her, he rests his back on the maple and lets out a sigh of cigar smoke. Rogue watches him in curiosity, wondering still if he heard her. Looking at him intensely now, she raises her brow.

“Sorry. Mind drifted off. Nowhere really. Here and there.”

“Here and there?”

“Yeah. You know, no where special.”

No where special indeed he thought to himself. After their incident in the sewers, Logan had become very distant. Especially from Rogue. He figured time was needed for everyone to cool off and calm down. The best way for him to do that is to just disappear for a bit, so that’s what he did.

He had been gone for a few months, with no communication from any of the x-men. Logan was totally oblivious to anything that had happened in the past few months. However, the happiness and sarcasm from the little southern-belle’s voice that was missing, was enough to let him know that everything, more then what he knew, had changed.

“Rogue...I’m...I’m sorry.”

His head was lowered, filled with shame and guilt. Knowing that what he had done, had probably caused some problems. Knowing that even though it was Golgotha playing with their heads, most of what everyone said and did that week was based on true thoughts and feelings.

Rogue held his arm and rested her head on his shoulder and sighed. “Y’ah know Logan, there ain’t nothing y’ah need to be apologizing about.”

“I know, but I feel better saying it.”

She squeezes his arm a little and continues to look at the sun setting. “Ah don’t think this view will ever get boring.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A set of red eyes glare at a radar screen. Lights blink in different colors all over. Then for a brief second, an unknown light flashes quickly across the screen. A smile filled with razor teeth appear on the crazed face.

“Ahhh...finally the time has arrived. The return.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wolverine continues to smoke what’s left of his cigar as he unpacks the few items he had brought with him. His ears adjust, then he shakes his head and laughs softly as he listens to some of the newer female students gossiping about boys.

“Things never change.”

“They most certainly do not.” Emma stands slanted against the bedroom doorway, looking around at the wild canadian mans room.

“What d’yah want, Frost?”

“Now, now Logan, no need for hostilities. I’ve just come to say welcome home.”

Wolverine continues his cautious glare and doesn’t reply.

“I thought maybe you would be curious about the events that occurred while you were on your nature hike.”

Logan inhales another breath of smoke and turns his back to her continuing his unpacking. Opening and closing drawers trying to look busy.

“Oh that’s right. You probably talked to Rogue already. So that means you know everything that’s happened.”

Logan stops placing his clothes, puts his cigar out and turns towards Emma once more. He crosses his arms and waits for her to continue.

“I take that as a no. So she hasn’t told you. So you don’t know that Remy left, and that on several occasions actually tried to harm her along with other X-men. Well then, I will not say anything else, if you want to know anything beyond that, you will have to ask her for yourself.”

Knowing that she had pained him, Emma spun on her heels and left the room smirking. Logan, still with his arms crossed just stood there. Now feeling even more ashamed then when he first got home. Did the events that took place in the sewers cause this? He had to know.
Chapter End Notes:
Well let me know what you think. This is the first time that I post on this site and I hope to get some feed back :) Thanks for reading.