Author's Chapter Notes:
well it took me awhile to get back to this I hope this chaper is better. Real life has been upsetting latly in fact the last two weeks it's been hell anyway enough about me.
Big thanks to Moviemom44 for the beta I'm really greatful.
Please read and review.
Finding somewhere to settle was hard. She'd forgotten how much she'd liked being on the road before she found Logan. But her money had started to run out and she needed to find a job, if only for a few days. Being able to touch now ment there were a wider variety of jobs she could take. She'd kept her eyes open and one day came across a 'Help Wanted' sign in the window. Going in there was one of the two best decisions she'd ever made. The other had been hiding in Logan's trailer.
Meeting the eldely couple, Eliza and Don, who owned the place had given her a set of grand parents something she'd never had before. Not being able to have children they loved having her around not just the fact having her wait tables saved their aching legs. But for all that she missed Logan terribly it was a constant ache and being her birthday today made it that much worse.
Marie headed to th kitchen because thinking of Logan always lead to tears. She'd never forget the first time Don had caught her crying in the kithchen, he'd done what all brave men do and bellowed for his wife. She'd broken down that day and told them everything about being a mutant, poision touch, her relationship or lack of one with Logan plus Bobby and Kitty's betrayl everything.
Eliza followed her into the kitchen.
"Tom is here again today I think he's going to ask you out again."
Marie wiped her eyes and sighed.
"I don't think it would be right to go out with Tom when I'm in love with Logan."
Eliza had been going to talk to her some more but Don came in and seeing Marie cry again was like waving a red rag at a bull.
"you ain't thinking about that fellow again are ya?He's an idiot if you ask me not to see what's in frontof his face. Wouldn't I like to tell him some home truths."
While saying this Don was also thinking that the few home truths would be said at least nine inches away from the metal headed fool. Fancy hurting Marie over some fancy pants red headed doctor.What sort of man activily went after another mans woman no this Logan wasn't good enough for their Marie. With all the years they'd been together Eliza could just about read Don's mind and knew what he was about to say.
"Don honey why don't you go back out front so I can have a talk with Marie."
Don knew that tone of voice and left without a fight which was good because what she had to say she didn't want him to hear.
"You know Don and I grew up together but what you don't know is that when Don went to war we weren't together and I fell head over heels in love with an older man. It turned out he was married and just using me. When Don came home and asked me to marry him I loved him as a friend only it wasn't till we'd been married for awhile that true love came to me for him. I know you tried with that Bobby, It didn't work but Tom is a good young man give him a chance. Just think about it honey."
She lefy Marie to give her a chance to think. Marie knew she could only love Logan but giving Tom a chance couldn't hurt.
Going back to the counter he was still sitting there waiting for her. He looked alot like Scott but was blonde with big beautiful blue eyes.
"Hi Tom I was wondering if you still wanted to go to the movies tonight."
"I'd love to I'll pick you up tonight."
"That would be nice."
He left with a grin, Marie could only hope she'd done the right thing.

xxxxxxx
The night had been as dull as watching paint dry Tom had picked a romance and by the end had tears in his eyes. Marie had to but only from the fact it had mad her miss Logan even more sitting on her little couch she picked up the phone to call Eliza as promised. The phone only rang once when picked up.
"Marie honey! How did it go?"
"I miss Logan so much I tried I really did but being with Tom made me miss him more. Look I can't talk right now I'll see you tomorrow." And hung up.
At her end of the phone Eliza sighed and dialed a number from a piece of paper in front of her.
"Xavier's school for the gifted."
"Can I speak to Logan it's about Rogue."
"Hold please."
Saying the name Rogue seemed so wrong their little Marie was nothing like the name suggested.
"Is she alright? Where is she?" A gruff paniced voice asked.
"No she's not alright she's sad and misses you she's working in a diner called Don's in Echo Texas."
Eliza hung up on him before he could ask more. She hoped Marie would for give her for butting in. Don sure wasn't going to be happy about this.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you like Eliza and Don their based on a aunt and uncle of mine.