Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: They're not mine. Not Marie, not Logan, not Jubilee, not Scott, you get the picture. They belong to Marvel and Stan Lee (and possibly very soon, Disney?). Thanks for letting me play with them because I believe they're having a very good time!

A/N: As promised, here's the second half and you didn't have to wait long at all! In case you don't remember where we left off....


“Come on, darlin’. They’re playing our song.”

Marie looked confused. “What are you talking about, sugar? We don’t have a song.” She drew her eyebrows together and thought for a minute, “Do we?”

“Of course we do. And this is it.” He grinned as he held out his hand to her. This was going to be like taking candy from a baby.
Marie hesitated slightly before she reached out and let him grasp her bare hand with his gloved one, the implications of that gesture completely lost on her. “Okay but I don’t think this is going to be easy.”

“Why’s that?” he asked as he pulled her to her feet.

Marie swayed slightly once on her feet and put her hands against Logan’s chest to steady herself. She raised a finger to her lips to silence him. “Don’t tell anybody but I think I’m a tiny bit drunk.”

Logan gave her a small smile. “I’ll try and keep it to myself.”

“I knew you would,” Marie said with a nod of her head and a smile.

Logan paused for a moment in stunned silence. He didn’t think he could remember the last time Marie had willingly smiled at him. It was a rare occurrence for her to even say anything civil to him, let alone give him one of her beautiful smiles. He put his arm around her waist and led her toward the crowded dance floor.

Logan took Marie in his arms and simply held her as they swayed to the music. He doubted that she was up to anything even as easy as a two-step. He knew he was holding her closer than was probably absolutely necessary but since she wasn’t complaining he wasn’t going to stop. Holding Marie like this felt good Logan admitted. He had danced with a lot of women but he couldn’t remember enjoying any of those dances as much as this one. That was strange, considering the fact that his current partner was definitely drunk.

Logan had expected Marie to pull away and was surprised when she moved closer to him and rested her cheek against his shoulder. Her vanilla scent teased his nose and he brushed his cheek over her silky hair. “You doing okay, darlin’?”

“Uh huh.” Marie said as she felt her eyes drifting shut. She couldn’t remember the last time she had felt this relaxed, cocooned in the circle of Logan’s embrace. Normally, she wouldn’t be caught dead dancing with Logan Howlett but she just couldn’t seem to make herself care at the moment. And besides, he was a good dancer and he smelled nice, too. She started to giggle at the irony of the situation.

Logan cocked an eyebrow. “What’s so funny?” he asked as he tilted Marie’s chin up with the blunt tips of his fingers.

Marie caught her breath when she looked up and was staring directly into Logan’s beautiful hazel eyes. The soft touch of leather finally registered. “Why are you wearing gloves? And where are mine?” Marie felt fear wash over her when she realized her hands and forearms were bare.

“Don't worry, Marie,” Logan said softly, “I'm being careful for the both of us.”

Marie was surprised by the sincerity in his voice. “Thank you,” she murmured.

“I wasn't sure how good that control of yours would be once you got a few drinks in you so I thought I should be prepared.” They moved slowly across the dance floor and Logan asked her again, “You didn't answer me. What was so funny?”

Why had she been laughing? The thought flitted on the edge of her mind for a moment before she remembered. She gave Logan another smile. “I was just thinking what everybody is probably imagining about Marie Summers dancing with Logan Howlett. We’ll be the talk of Centennial for the next week.”

“Nah,” Logan grinned at her. “They’re probably more concerned what a beautiful young woman like you sees in an old broken down cowboy like me.”

Marie raised her head off his shoulder so she could get a better look at him. “Well if they can’t see it, that’s their problem. You’re the best looking guy in this place. And you smell good, too,” she added as an afterthought.

Logan’s eyebrow hitched up speculatively and made Marie giggle again.

“Marie, darlin’, I do believe that was the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me.”

“Shut up and dance, Howlett,” Marie said and snuggled back up against him and sighed. The feel of his broad chest against her cheek was very comforting. Just for tonight she was going to enjoy herself. She could always chalk it up to the alcohol.

“Yes, ma’am,” Logan laughed.

***************************************************************************

“Do you see what I see?” Jubilee waved her pool cue in the general direction of the dance floor. “Is that our Marie dancing with Logan?”

“Sure looks that way to me,” Bobby said. “What do you suppose got into her?”

“I think we’d better cut her off,” Scott added. “If she’s getting that friendly with Logan, she’s had way too much to drink.”

“I don’t get what she has against him,” Bobby said. “I’ve always liked Logan.”

“That’s because you’re not a woman and you’re not attracted to him,” Jubilee said as she took her shot.

“You think she’s attracted to him?” Scott asked.

“Of course she is. She always has been. Ever since you brought him home.”

“Geez, you make him sound like a stray, Jubilee,” Scott protested.

“So what’s the big deal?” Bobby asked as he lined up his own shot and missed.

“Marie has it in her head that Logan isn’t the right guy for her. She has the dumb idea that her perfect man will be someone who wears a suit and has a 9 to5 job where he sits in an office all day, twiddling his thumbs.” Jubilee threw her arms up in the air. “I don’t know what she thinks would be so wrong with somebody like Logan. I think he’s great.”

“You’re biased because he and I have been friends for so long,” Scott interjected.

“You know…” Jubilee trailed off. She thought for a moment and then said, “I know Marie’s not going to be able to drive home tonight and I don’t think I should get behind the wheel either. How about you guys?”

“I’m fine to drive,” Scott answered. “I don't know about the Popsicle here though.”

“So you guys can give me a ride home and Logan can drive Marie’s jeep.” Jubilee took her last shot and sunk the ball in the corner pocket followed by the eight ball.

“You can't leave yet,” Bobby protested, “you owe me another game.”

“Not me, dummy, but have you looked at Marie lately? I’d say she’s had enough.”

“Fine,” Bobby said. “So send her home with Logan. We are not leaving until I beat you.”

“I don't want to be here all night, you dork.” Jubilee rolled her eyes.

Scott gave Jubilee a look and wasn't sure he liked what he saw. “You think you can play matchmaker between those two.”

“No, I don't,” Jubilee managed to look offended as she dropped the balls back on the table. “I just think that Marie had better go home before she passes out in the middle of the dance floor. I’m just looking out for her.”

At the knowing looks she received from both Scott and Bobby, Jubilee relented. “Fine, so maybe I am but you have to admit it's not such a bad idea. Just help me convince Marie that she needs to go home.”

“Sure, that's not a problem. If she won’t go, we’ll just whack her over the head with a pool stick and carry her out to the car. Sure, she might hate us tomorrow but we’re family so she’ll get over it,” Scott said sarcastically.

Jubilee's eyes twinkled as she thought more about her plan. “Do you think Logan will agree to take her?”

Scott sighed. “I think we can convince him it's a good idea. It will fit perfectly into his plan.”

Jubilee's eyes narrowed. “What plan? What do you know big brother?”

Scott was reluctant to tell her but gave in quickly knowing she wouldn't quit until she had the whole story. “All right. Now you didn’t hear this from me but Logan thinks that Marie needs to loosen up and have a little fun. He thinks that she seems to be getting a little uptight living in Denver and he thought maybe he could be the one to remind her how to loosen up.”

“Personally, I think he’s right,” Jubilee grinned as she racked the balls. “She needs to have more fun. Maybe Logan's exactly what she needs.”

Scott looked confused. “Really? Because I expected at least a token protest on Marie’s behalf.”

“Why not let her have some fun? They’re both adults and there’s obviously some attraction between them. And we all know that Logan would never do anything to hurt Marie.”

“That’s settled then,” Bobby said. “Now we just need to convince Logan to take her home.”

“I don’t think that will be much of a problem,” Scott gestured to where Marie and Logan were making their way off the crowded dance floor.

Logan had Marie’s hand tucked in his and they were winding their way through the crowd and between tables. When they reached the pool tables, Marie didn’t immediately release his hand but instead moved closer and leaned against his side.

“I think Marie's ready to call it a night.”

“Marie,” Jubilee feigned disappointment, “You can’t leave already.”

“Sorry, Jubes, honey” Marie said with a slow smile, “but I think I might be a little drunk.” She ended with a giggle which she tried to stifle against Logan's chest.

Jubilee gave feeble protest. “Well I can't leave.”

Logan could smell the lie in Jubilee's words but suggested anyway, “If you don’t want to go, Jubilee, I could drive her.” He glanced down at Marie where she peeked up at him with a sleepy smile.

“That’s a great idea! You can take her jeep and Bobby, Scott, and I can come later.”

Logan arched an eyebrow at Jubilee's quick acquiescence while she did her best to look innocent. Logan stroked a hand over Marie's hair to get her attention. “That all right with you, darlin’?”

Marie had closed her eyes, breathing in the intoxicating male scent that was pure Logan. With an effort she forced her eyes to focus on him. “What’s that?”

“I’m gonna take you home,” Logan explained.

She smiled and patted his cheek. “Okay, sugar. Whatever you want.”

Logan's eyebrow arched a little higher and he had to stifle a growl. If she only had any idea what those three little words could lead to. Whatever he wanted was probably not what she had in mind. Without another word, Logan wrapped his arm more securely around Marie and turned her toward the door.

Marie waved in the general direction of their table. “Nighty night, cousins!”

“Behave yourself, Marie,” Jubilee called after them. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!”

Scott simply rolled his eyes at her words. “She's supposed to make it home tonight, Jubilee.”

Jubilee stuck her tongue out at her brother as she bent over the table to make the break.

Marie didn't acknowledge Jubilee's words. She was too busy making note of the way she fit so snugly against Logan's side. It was nice to have him there to help her.

Once outside, Logan realized it was going to be difficult to maneuver Marie down even the few steps that led to the gravel parking lot. In one fluid move, he stopped and swung her up in his arms. Marie was slightly annoyed at the fact that Logan must think she couldn’t even walk. “I'm not a baby, Logan,” she pouted. She could barely make out his face where it was shadowed by his cowboy hat.

“It’s just a whole lot easier for me to carry you than try and drag you across the parking lot, darlin'.”

“Fine,” She reached up and plucked his cowboy hat off his head and settled it on her own. She sighed and tipped her head back over his arm. When she opened her eyes, she could make out the vast scattering of stars in the dark sky. “Stars are beautiful,” she sighed.

“You mean to tell me you can see them?”

“Course I can. You think I’m drunk?” Marie struggled to lift her head to look him in the eye but discovered her head felt as if it weighed about 100 pounds.

“I was under the impression that you might be just a little intoxicated.”

Marie pondered that for a moment and finally rolled her head to look at him. “You could be right. Things are lookin’ a little fuzzy.”

They reached Marie’s jeep and Logan tried to open the door only to realize it was locked. “Keys?”

“Pocket,” Marie mumbled.

“Can you stand?” Logan asked as he swung her feet to the ground.

When he released her, her arms came up to circle his neck, her bare hands idly playing with the hair that just brushed his collar. “Course I can”

“Good. Which pocket is it?”

“You’ve gotta guess,” Marie smiled saucily.

Logan shook his head and tried to hide a smile. God she looked sexy in that cowboy hat. “You’re not much help are you?”

“Nope.”

With Marie's arms still locked around his neck to keep herself upright, Logan reached down and felt the back pockets of her jeans. The only thing he found there was her ID. Christ, that only reminded him that she was still young enough to get carded. He clenched his teeth in frustration as his hands moved to her front pockets which were pressed much too intimately against him. He couldn't get his large hands into them from that angle so he turned her around. Being male and breathing, he couldn’t resist the temptation of letting his hands slide down her sides before reaching her front pockets. He squeezed her denim covered hips while feeling for what might be a set of keys.

Marie shivered as goosebumps covered her skin, following the path of Logan’s big hands moving over her body. She closed her eyes as the soft leather of his gloves skimmed over her bare abdomen. Her breath caught as Logan’s stubble roughened cheek brushed against hers. She could feel his warm breath against her neck and it would be so simple to just turn her head slightly and kiss him. She'd love to feel the heat of his firm sculpted lips against hers again. She was surrounded by his warm utterly male scent and couldn’t resist. She brushed her lips against his jaw and almost giggled at the prickly feel of his five o’clock shadow.

Logan froze at the feel of Marie’s warm lips along his jaw. “You got it off, darlin'?”

It took Marie a moment to figure out what he meant. She concentrated a few seconds to make sure and breathed out one word. “Yes.”

Without thinking of what the consequences could be, Logan turned his head and pressed his lips to hers. His cowboy hat was crushed against his shoulder as he tightened his hold on her.

Marie loved the feel of his hot mouth against hers. She nipped lightly at his lower lip and Logan almost came undone at the sensation. Marie sighed her delight as Logan slanted his mouth across hers. Feeling the tentative touch of Marie's tongue against his lips, Logan took that as his cue to deepen the kiss.

Marie felt as though her bones were melting from the heat of Logan's kiss. His hold loosened enough to turn her in his arms and she grabbed hold, her fingers digging into his broad shoulders. Logan’s cowboy hat slipped from her head and fell unnoticed to the ground. There was an explosion of sensation as their tongues met and collided. Marie could feel the muscles of Logan’s shoulders bunching under her hands as he ran his down her back and grasped the firm curve of her buttocks. She felt herself being lifted and instinctively wrapped her legs around Logan’s hips.

The sensations consumed her like a flash-fire in her blood. Through the fog in her brain, she knew they shouldn’t be doing this here let alone at all but couldn’t seem to find the willpower necessary to pull away. She could feel the evidence of Logan’s arousal pressed intimately against her and it made her burn all the hotter.

Logan’s mouth left hers to travel down her throat to the open vee of her blouse. He moved until Marie’s back was pressed against the side of her jeep and he was able to free his hands. He cupped her firm breasts and massaged her nipples through the thin layers of fabric. He fumbled with the top few buttons until he could push the fabric apart to reveal her lacy bra.

Marie’s breasts threatened to spill out of the cups. Logan ran his tongue across the tops of her breasts and tugged down slightly on the hot pink lace until her breasts came free. He paused for a moment to drink in the sight of her. All thoughts fled his brain as he took in the pale mounds topped by dusky pink aureoles; the cold November air causing them to pucker into hard buds.

Marie ran her fingers into Logan’s thick hair and used it to pull him down toward her aching breasts. She moaned as she felt his hot tongue lave first one nipple and then the other.

He sucked one of them greedily into his mouth and Marie’s head fell back against the jeep at the sensation. She couldn’t remember ever experiencing this much pleasure in so short a time. Logan moved from one breast to the other. He loved the taste and heat of her and moved up along her throat to claim her mouth in another drugging kiss.

“God, I want you,” he growled against her mouth. Marie almost climaxed when she felt the hard ridge of his manhood thrusting slowly against her. “But not here,” he ground out. The parking lot or a back alley was okay for a quick fuck but he didn't want that for Marie. “My place. Now.”

Marie lifted her head and looked around at Logan’s words. Logan was pressing kisses along her jaw and her mind was slow to connect to the fact that they were still in the parking lot of The Broken Spoke. She slowly became aware of the cold metal of her jeep pressed against her back. “Logan! We can’t do this,” she protested weakly.

“I know, darlin’, that’s why we need to finish finding those keys and go back to my place.”

Marie realized her legs were still locked around Logan’s waist and said dazedly, “No. You don’t understand. I don’t even like you!” Her thoughts were a jumbled mess as she pushed against his chest. He slowly lowered her feet to the ground where her knees promptly gave out and she had to clutch at Logan’s biceps to stay upright.

“Seems to me you were liking me well enough a few minutes ago,” Logan drawled. He lowered his head and licked the delicate curve of Marie’s ear. He was satisfied with the shudder that ran through her.

“Logan, don’t,” she protested weakly.

“Darlin’, if you don’t want me touching you, you’d better cover up.”

To her dismay, Marie looked down and realized her breasts were still displayed for Logan to see. She grasped the sides of her blouse and tried to button it up. She fumbled several times with the buttons before Logan took pity on her and without comment, slipped the buttons through the holes. Her mind was still foggy from the alcohol and she was trying to find a good reason why she couldn’t go back to his place.

“Give me your keys, Marie and we’ll get you home,” Logan sighed. He knew there was no way he could take further advantage of Marie in her current condition. He shouldn’t have let things go as far as they had but when she had kissed him like that, all reason had fled. He realized in some vague way that he didn’t want this to be just a one-night stand.

Marie pulled her keys from the coin pocket they were tucked in with an unsteady hand and handed them to Logan. He unlocked the door and settled her into the passenger seat. Reaching around to buckle her seat belt, he took the opportunity to give her another long hard kiss. Marie itched to dig her fingers into his hair and hold him there but fought the urge. Logan pulled away and smiled at the rosy flush that suffused her skin. He walked around to the driver’s side, picking his cowboy hat up off the ground on his way.

They pulled out of the parking lot and headed out of town. Marie leaned back and studied Logan for a while before she broke the silence, the alcohol serving to loosen her tongue. “You’re a damn good kisser, Howlett. Anybody told you that?”

“You’re not so bad yourself, Summers. And no, I can’t say that they have. I’ve heard praise about my other skills but not that one,” Logan's mouth hitched up in a semblance of a grin.

Marie yawned and felt her eyelids drooping. “Not funny, sugar. You shouldn’t brag about what other women say about you in bed.”

“Who said anything about beds? I was talking about my skills as an expert horseman. You heard something I haven’t?”

“Was that a joke, Logan?” Marie murmured, a ghost of a smile flitting across her lips. “And I wouldn’t tell you if I did.”

Logan was surprised when Marie didn’t say anything else. Then he heard the rhythm of her breathing deepen and heard a soft snore. Not wanting to wake Michael and Catherine by taking Marie back to her grandparent’s place, Logan drove to his place instead.