^8 Days Later^

“I told you I was going to get you bitch!”

Rogue’s eyes shot open at the memory of Bobby last words to her, as she lay on a soft queen sized bed taking in her surroundings, the colour of the room was light shade of lilac with a white ceiling. The room had a dark brown wood floor and a ceiling fan; with a French door that seemed to lead to a balcony.

:OH man my head hurts, not to mention my leg. Where am I? What the hell happen?::

“Well it’s about time you woke up, I was starting to get worried. How’re you feeling?” From what Rogue could tell it was a female talking to her, she couldn’t see her face as the light from out side was shadowing it.

“Where am I?” Rogue asked the figure.

“My house in New Orland’s, and before you asked how I got you here I ‘bowered’ a car from a nice man who couldn’t say no,” said the figure as she moved over to Rogue and began wiping a cold damp cloth over her face.

“Who are you?”

“My dear how can you ask that don’t you remember me, I’m you mother,” Rogue was able to see the figure face clearly now. She had green eyes like Rogue, high check bones and light brown hair that shaped her face, she had a nice shape and very pretty face, she looked a lot like Rogue however there were some differences.

“You’re not my mother, my mother lives in Mississippi,” Rogue said trying to sit up in the bed. As she pushed her body up she winced in pain from the side.

“Let me help you there,” the women moved the pillows round so that the supported Rogues back.

“And your right, your adoptive mother lives in Mississippi but I’m your birth mother. You might not recognize me in this form how about this?” with that the woman’s skin changed colour from a pale skin to blue skin.

“MYSTIQUE!!!! What sort of game are you playing at?” Rogue was trying very hard to get out of the bed to fight Mystique. As she stood up, Rogue fell back over onto the floor; and that’s when she realised her leg was in a cast.

“What did you do?” Rogue asked trying to get back up. As much as she didn’t want to she allowed Mystique to help her back up onto the bed.

“Maybe I should start from the beginning. Well first of my name is not Mystique that’s my code name like yours is Rogue, my real name is Raven Darkhom. I never knew your fathers name because I was raped and I do know that that is not something you want to here but it’s what happened. Anyway when I found out I was pregnant with you I turned to a good friend of mine and fellow mutant Irene, it was thanks to Irene that I was able to keep you for so long and she helped to deliver you.

“We weren’t your normal family but we were happy, you were happy and that’s what truly mattered to me. When you were about 6 years old my secrete about being a mutant got out and social services took you away from me, I was heart broke. I asked Irene to keep an eye on you by using her powers, in that time I used to follow you to make sure that you were doing ok, and that you family were treating you well.

“When Irene informed me that you came into your powers I had to find away for you to be with me again, however Eric had other ideas for you. Honey I’m so sorry he put you throw that, it was the last thing I wanted, in truth I wanted you to stay with the X-geeks because I knew that they would have given you a better life then I could. But after what happen before I am taking that back, I can’t believe the little Ice prick tried to kill you, and he would have if not for the fight you have in you.”

“OK wait, stop and take a breath, that’s a lot of information you just gave me there. I just need time to take it in,” after a few moments Rogue looked in to Mystique’s eyes.

“I remember, I remember you told me a story once about the special people that would look after me one day, and that you were one. You were talking about mutants,” as Rogue sat there memories of her childhood came back to her, she remembered the outings she had with Irene, the picnics in the garden with Mystique, all the things she had forgotten.

“So now what do we do Raven was it? Sorry, it’s gonna be hard calling you that,” Rogue said, and Raven just smiled at her.

“Well my darlin you are staying here till your leg is better and your feeling better and after that you are welcome to stay as long as you want.”

“But what about the X-Men I have to phone them and let them know I’m okay,” Rogue was starting to worry about them, well mostly Logan.

“Marie they tried to kill you, and left you for dead. If it wasn’t for me you would be,” Raven ran her hand through Marie’s hair trying to calm her down like she did when Marie was a child.

“Why should I trust you, you work for the Brotherhood. How do I not know that you’re not working for them and this is all a trick?” she had a point there, no matter how much good Raven does it still doesn’t change her past.

“Marie listen to me, I know I did some foul things when working for the Brotherhood but you have to understand I did them with a good heart…”

“Huh do you really want me to believe that, you tried to kill me.” Rogue was starting to get angry again.

“I told you that was Eric, not me. The things I did were for you, I wanted to have a better world for you to grow up in, but when I had better understanding of what Eric had plan for the world I had to leave. Eric didn’t like that much that’s how I ended up in that lab, he would rather see me suffer in one of them than walk away from him. So to the answer to your question is no I don’t work for the Brotherhood, and this is not a trick. Think of it as me making up the years that we lost together.”

::Whoa okay Rogue lets work this out, my real mother is a evil blue bitch that tried to kill me, my team mate and ex-boyfriend also tried to kill me, but my evil blue bitch of a mother saved me and is now looking after me to. Think I might need some air now and a psychiatrist::

“Would you mind if I went for a walk round the house I’m just feeling really stiff,” Rogue asked as she tried to stand up.

“Of course you can, after all this is you house,” Mystique placed her arm around Rogue’s back and helped her walk around the house.

It was a two-story building, with lots of windows, which made the house to look bigger. Wooden flooring throughout the house, an open living room/dinner room and a large kitchen.

“Your house is beautiful Raven,” Rogue said as she sat down at the kitchen table.

“Thank you my dear but remember now this is your house to. Would you like some tea?” Raven asked as she filled a kettle with water.

“That would be nice thanks,” as Rogue sat there watching Raven more memories came back to her from when she was a young child.

“What happen?” Rogue asked looking at Raven.

“You were pushed dear,” Raven asked still keeping her back to Rogue.

“I know that, I mean what happen with us? What happen that made you leave and me ending up where I was?” Raven stopped what she was doing and turned to face Rogue.

“Marie you see things back then were very hard for us, I was a single mother with a young child, I worked part time, and we barely had enough to keep a roof over our heads. At the time your father didn’t even know you existed, it wasn’t till a few years go he found out you were his.” Raven focused on her, not able to look Marie in the eyes.

“Raven who is my father?” Marie was starting to panic over who her really father could be.

::What if its someone from the Brotherhood, will this make me truly evil by blood? Oh god I wished I hadn’t asked now::

There was silent in the kitchen for what seemed like hours, but was only minutes.

“Your father is Victor Creed, Sabertooth,” there was a look of hatred in Ravens eyes as she said his name.

“You’got to be joking; it can’t be true you’re lying,” Marie said as she started working herself into a state.

::God he cant be my father, he’s so cruel and evil, I’m not like him::

Seeing how Marie was reaching to the news she rushed to her side to comfort her.

“Its ok baby, shhh calm down and listen. Yes Sabertooth is your father but not by choice. You see Victor raped me after I kicked his butt in a fight; he didn’t like the fact he lost to a girl so took it out on me. I left the second I found out I was pregnant with you, I had always longed for a child but I couldn’t bring you up around him or Erick, so I ran, even asked Charles for help which he very kindly gave to me. Charles had helped me before when I was pregnant, Erick gave me the chose of either giving the child up and going back with him, or they would kill my child and drag me back. Giving up your brother was very hard for me and I told my self I wouldn’t do it again.” The teapot interrupted Raven, she returned to Marie with two cups of hot tea.

“Now where was I, oh yes your brother when he was born everyone though he was a devil, when in truth he was my little angel and so were you. He looks more like me then you do, he has the same skin colour as me, blue looked great on him. I’m straying from the point here, Charles help arrange a house for use to live in, even helped with your birth. All I wanted was to bring you up right, as normal as possible.”

“What happen then, why did I end up living somewhere else?” Marie asked drink her tea.

“Erik, that’s what happen,” Raven said this with such hate in her voice.

“I have never forgiven him for taking you from me, I managed to get you back from him I knew I couldn’t take you to Charles to I gave you to a family I knew I need of a child, your adoptive family. Erik would never know to look for you there so I know you would be safe, and have a normal life one I could not give you,” reliving what had happen to her broke Ravens heart even more.

Marie couldn’t process the information given to her, it just wouldn’t sink in.

“Did you know?” Marie asked looking into her teacup.

“Know what?” Raven asked looking over at her.

“A few years ago, when Magneto kidnapped me and tried to kill me, did you know it was me?” Marie had met Ravens eyes looking for an answer, what she saw in them gave her the answer.

“No child I didn’t, I didn’t know till we meet up with Striker. I could have killed Erik then and there but I couldn’t he was the only one that could save us. But don’t worry dear he got what was coming to him.”

For 5 minutes Marie and Raven sat in silence drinking their tea, neither knew what to say or how to act, for years Marie had known Raven as an enemy but now she didn’t know what to do. Looking back down at her hands Marie noticed the ring on her left hand and remembered Logan.

“I need to go back, there are people there that are worried about me,” Marie said not looking up from her ring.

“Marie dear you’ve been out for 8 days, I’m pretty sure they think your dead, I’m sorry dear.” Raven placed her hand on Marie’s.

“I think he knows your alive, if he doesn’t his an idiot. Now lets work out what we will have for dinner, I did a big shop yesterday so you can have what ever you like.” And just like that Raven was up and working around the kitchen.

::Does he still think I’m alive, will he come look for me? Well I guess I’ll just have to wait till tomorrow ‘cos right now I need something to eat.::