“Where are they? They should be back by now.” Jubilee said pacing the floor of the Blackbird. Colossus had returned to the group 20 minutes ago saying that Bobby and Rogue had stayed behind to look for people.

“If they’re not back in 5 minutes we’re all going back to find them. We shouldn’t have them go off together, who came up with that stupid idea?” Scott asked looking at everyone.

“Stop, look,” Jean pointed out of the cockpit window seeing Bobby coming towards the plan, alone.

“Bobby where’s Rogue?” Jubilee asked as he entered the plan.

“There was an accident; you know Rogue said she saw something in that cell?” Bobby asked turning to Colossus.

“Yes I remember, but what does this have to do with where Rogue is?”

“Well there was someone, or something in there and it came after us. We ran but took a wrong turn, when I saw it coming behind us I froze its feet to the floor, but when I turned round Rogue was go. I continue to run the way Rogue went and I was able to catch up with her, and, and..”

“And what Bobby?” Jubilee asked, sitting on the edge of her seat.

“And she was gone just like that, she lost her footing and fell over the edge into the water. I looked and called out to her, but that fall was like 30ft I don’t think she survived it guys, no one could of, Guys Rogues dead.”

^Mansion 3 days later^

“Today we stand here to say good bye to a beloved friend, student, and lover. Rogue was a wonderful girl she would always put others before herself, always knew how to make a person feel welcome and loved. It is a shame to lose someone so young to the world, but we can live with the knowledge that all her good deeds will not have gone in vain and that Rogue is now in the arms of God. May her soul rest in peace and may the memory of her kindness and love fill us everyday to let us know that she still lives within us. May God be with us all and may he protect our beloved sister Rogue.” Kurt finished his speech looking up at the people who loved Rogue, mourning her death and remembering her life.

No body was ever found in the river near by the mine shaft, Charles though it would be best to have a head stone on the grounds of the mansion where people may wish to say their goodbyes.

As everyone went back into the mansion for the wake, they failed to notice the tall, slim dark figure standing away in the shadows.

Logan had returned to the mansion hoping to find Rogue, but as he entered through the doors no one was there to great him, not even Scott. Noticing that there was no one in the mansion Logan investigated further and headed for the Professor office, after knocking and entering his office, Logan was able to see the service from the window.

Wondering what was happing he went out back through the kitchen where he could see and hear what was happening, but could not been seen by anyone else.

The words that Kurt said about his girl, his Marie broke his heart. The though of losing her like this, without him there, to never see her beautiful face, hear her laugh, or ever see that smile that was just for him.

::How could of this as happen, only a few days ago she was lying in my arms, and now she’s lying in the ground. How? How did this happen?:: Question after question ran throw Logan’s mind, but the one question that came up the most was Why? Why did something so innocent, so sweet, so young be taken away?

Logan knew he had to talk to the Professor to seek the answers he wanted but right now, he just wanted to be alone.

Heading up the back stairs so as not to run into anyone and headed straight for Marie’s room, although he wanted to be alone Logan needed the scent of Marie around him.

As he entered the room it was the same as when they had left on the trip. It still had the smell of her even after a few weeks. Sitting on her bed Logan looked around the room, looking at the pictures spread out across the room of her friends and a few of her family.

Lying on Marie’s bedside table was a photo album; Logan picked it up and started flipping through it.

In there were pictures of Marie as a young child and her family, with every page he turned the pictures show Marie growing older to the young women she was. The last 6 pages were pictures of her and Logan either together or apart. Logan didn’t even remember the pictures being taken, but the very last picture would be the one the shake Logan.

Some how someone had taken a picture of Logan and Marie lying together out in the sun, under the picture there was a word written saying ‘Soon’.

Logan couldn’t take it anymore; he laid down on the bed and started crying.

A few hours later Logan came out of Marie’s room, he had gained control over his emotions and wanted answers only knowing one person that had them; so he went to seek the Professor.

“Come in Logan, I was wondering when you would be down to see me.” The Professor said as he turned away from the window to face Logan. Logan sat down on one of the brown leather chairs in front of the Professor desk.

“I assume you are here to seek an answer about what happen to Rogue; well the team were on a mission to rescue some mutants in an abandon lab. The foundation of the place was not as strong as we hoped and Rogue fell over one of the loose edge’s and into a near by underground river. But before you get your hopes up, all of us searched the river and the area around it, we did not find a body, I even used Cerebro to look for brain activity, I’m afford that I could not pick any up. Also according to Bobby the fall was about 30ft so there is no way of surviving it.

“Logan I am very sorry for the loss, Rogue was close to all of us especially you. You two were the close of friends that I had ever seen.” The Professor could no longer look at the pain in Logan’s eyes.

“We were more then just friends Charles, when we were away Rogue and I got a bit drunk and ended up getting married. So you see Charles I didn’t just lose my best friend, but I also lost my wife, and my life. She was the only reason I would get up in the mornings, she was the only reason I stayed here and now she’s gone and I wasn’t here with her to protect her, or ever say goodbye. What’ll I do now?” For the first time that he could remember Logan broke down crying in front of someone.

Wanting to comfort him the Professor wheeled his chair over to Logan and placed his hand on his arm.

“What ever you decide to do remember that there will always be a place here for you, and I know you wont see the mansion as a home with out her but it still is. I will pray to the gods that you find peace Logan.” Charles gave Logan’s arm a squeeze for extra support.

“Thank you Charles.”

*3 Days Before*

“I told you I was going to get you bitch!” Was the last thing Rogue heard before she was pushed over the edge. As she fell Rogue tried to find her bearings and moved her body so that she was now going feet first into the water, not head first to prevent any damage to her head on impact.

The first thing that told Rogue that she had hit the water was sudden change in temperature, the water was freezing.

Rogue began her long struggle to brake free of the water. As she tried to swim to the surface to get more air, the currant of the river was pulling her further and further away from the surface.

Realising that this was her only way out, Rogue begin to swim along with the river, letting it carry her further into the mountain. It felt like forever when Rogue finally came up for air. She notice that she was in a cove and seeing an edge Rogue swam over and climb on to take a rest.

This was when Rogue noticed that her leg was bleeding pretty badly.

“Oh that’s just fucking great what next?”

Wishing that she had not asked, Rogue was able to hear the sound of the Blackbird taking off.

::Shit now what?::

After resting for a few more minutes Rogue entered back into the water taking a deep breath as she went under the water again and started swimming for freedom. She was not in the water as long as before, but was also unprepared for the next big fall into the river about a mile down from the mountain.

As Rogue fell into the river her leg became caught on something, as she pulled it to break free she pulled to hard and sprained her ankle. Knowing that screaming underwater was not a good thing Rogue swam for the surface; the sun had never felt so great before as she reached the surface of the water.

Becoming weaker by the minute Rogue swam over to the riverbed and just lay there letting the sun warm her up.

The falls, the fight with the water, the broken leg and the bleeding was becoming too much for Rogue as she started to lose consciousness, but before she was able to black out a shadow fell upon her.

“Don’t worry my darlin’, I will look after you now just rest.” It was the same voice as the figure in the cell. Not fighting any more Rogue fell into blackness not knowing if she would survive or not, but one last though came into head before she fell into total darkness

Logan.