Four weeks now, that’s how long Marie has been dead. Four weeks, it felt like a lifetime. Not being able to see her face in the morning, to hear her laugh at one of One-Eye stupid joke, or see that look in her eyes after I had drunk to much for any human let alone mutant.

Now I just sit here, in her room the last link I have left to her, well besides my wedding ring. Normal in situations like this I would have be out of here like the wind but for some reason I couldn’t. I couldn’t leave the last thing I have of Marie.

Everyday I come here, set on her bed, look through her things, smell her clothes. Yes I know it’s perverted of me but that’s the only thing I have that holds her scent. I had to because one day these clothes will not have her on them anymore, and I will have nothing left.

I started to do this after Chuck refused to search for her anymore, he tried for the first 8 days she was pranced dead, but said if he hadn’t found her by now, it was not likely that he ever would. So this is all I have left a room of stuff.
But something in me, I don’t know what though keeps telling me not to give up, that she was still out there waiting. So I wait, every day I sit here and wait for that door to open and see Marie standing there with a huge smile on her face tell me how much she loves me, but it hasn’t come.

I’m scared; yes I admit I’m scared. I’m scared that if I leave I will never see her again if she’s alive, I’m scared that if I do go looking for her I wont like what I find. I’m also scared of having to spend the rest of my life alone knowing if I hadn’t let her out of my arms that day she would still be here with me, I’m also scared of just being alone. Before that wouldn’t have bathed me just me and the road, was like that for many years, many many years. But Marie changed that, she gave me a life, a purpose and the faiths just ripped her away from me, how could they?

I’ve been through a lot in the life I can remember, been in a lab twice, yeah twice no one knew that little bit of information, first time was when those lab geeks did there first lot of testing on what mutation I had and abilities, but I got away for only a month, guess my skills weren’t as good back then as they are now ‘cos they got me back to quickly, and the next time, well we all know what happen the next time I was there.

You all must be wondering how I know all this, well when I went looking for Striker I found some files on what they did to me, what they had planed and about my life before the labs. Turned out they had been following me around for quite some time.

Before the lab I had a wife and two children one son, one daughter. From what the record showed Striker had killed my wife then he took my children and me. From what I can work out my children are still alive somewhere, they both carry the X-Gen I have. I’ve already got Chuck working on finding them to see if they are still alive.

And I know this sounds selfish but I know I cant get to know them unless I have Marie here with me, with her everything felt right I could be me. But I have to get used to not having her here.

NO I can’t, I wont give up. God I’m so fucking frustrated, got to go hit something, wonder what One Eye is up to.

Leaving Marie’s room, Logan locked the door behide him, making sure that no one could rune it and headed down to the danger room.

*3 Hours Later*

“God Logan what do you think you were doing in there. Thank god this is a simulation or other whys we would all be dead!” Scott was not a happy person, yes he could understand that Logan was upset, but what he did in the danger room was un-called for.

“And that would be a bad thing because?” Logan didn’t look at Scott as he spoke, he wouldn’t let the other man have the upper hand of showing him what he was feeling. But it was to late, as Scott already knew.

“Look Wolverine I know this is hard but you have to let her go, not all at once but you have to give her up one day. If you don’t you WILL end up dead and what good will that do huh? What if the Professor is wrong and she is alive and your not, what good will it do then?”

For once Logan though Scott was making sense, which was a first for him.

“Okay, I’ll try not to get myself killed, for Rogue no one else got me!”

“Fine, thank you.”

“Why you thanking me, told you it’s for her,” Logan turned his back on Scott and headed for Rogues room, which he had made his own.

Every time I walk back into this room I smell less and less of Marie, maybe I should go back to my old room, at least that way a part of her was still here.

.^ 4 months Later^.

‘Everyone report to the my office we have trouble.’

Damn it Xavier can’t have 5 minutes alone to be miserable. Over the last 4 months I spent more time by my self, like I wasn’t before. I soon moved out of Marie’s room after I stopped smelling her scent, that’s when I truly closed off from everyone.

“Okay I’m here what’s wrong now?” Xavier knows that the only reason I stay now is the hope that she is still alive somewhere out there. I know they all think I’m nuts but I don’t care, something in me tells me she’s alive and I’m not gonna let them change that.

“I’m afraid Magneto is up to his old games. From what I was able to find out he is planning on using another machine to transform humans into mutants.”

“Can’t he think of anything better to do, like blow us up.”

“Logan that is not the attitude of the X-Men, maybe it would be best if you stayed here this time. The last few mission you almost got your self killed.”

“Shut up One-Eye, I was only doing as told like a good little mutant,” I am really hating Scott, can’t keep his fuck nose out of my life.

“Scott, Logan, that is enough. We have to focus on Magneto. Now you all have a copy of the mission briefing so I suggest the X-Men move out.”

“We on our way,” good old One-Eye has to be Xavier’s pet.

.^ 8 Hours Later ^.

“Quick get him on to the table, Hank we need to get him prepped for surgery. Why isn’t his healing powers working it should be healing this,” god I wish Jean would shut up, my head is already hurting don’t need her voice on top.

“What happen?” And here comes Chuck.

“Magneto, he, he ripped the adamantium right from his body.”

Why has everyone gone so quite? Don’t know about them but I’m feeling really sleepy right now.

“Logan? Logan? LOGAN? Stay with us god damn, WAKE UP!”

Silences.