It was a nice cool summers day in New Orleans, children free from school were out playing with the sun shining upon them with the wind blowing keep them cool. Now of these children saw the figure watching them from a shady corner of a big house.

Marie sat on the porch swing watching the children play without a care in the world. She remembers her childhood playing down by the lake near her house with her family, but they wont her family.

As the days went by the more her memory came back of how close her and Raven had been, how she felt when she was pulled away from her, the pain in heart of a child losing her mother the one person that’s meant to protect from pain like this.

Most of these memories came back to her when she slept, when Marie remembered being dragged away she screamed so load she woke up half the block. Raven ran to her side that night and didn’t leave her till morning, just comforting her, soothing her like a mother should to her child.

Marie had been her for 4 weeks now, her ankle was better yet she couldn’t leave, wouldn’t let herself leave. What would happen if she went back to the mansion would Booby try to hurt her again? Would they welcome her back if they knew the truth about who she really was? Would Logan be there if she went back? Did he even know she was missing?

All these question ran through Marie’s brain but no one to answer them. She had tried to phone the mansion a few times, but every time Bobby picked up the phone scaring her so she would hang up. Now she just sat here wondering what to do with her life, in a way she was free to do as she pleased, would never have to worry of hurting anyone with her skin, could worry less knowing that the Brotherhood though both her and Raven were dead and would not come after them. She just didn’t know what to, so Marie just sat there and watched the children play hoping that something would come to her.

SLAM

“Why is it always him, for once I wished Scott would just pick up the fucking phone,” Marie monad as she walked into the kitchen.

“Why don’t you just asks for Charles, just tell him that your alive and not going back then hang up. Would you like me to do it for you, I can imitate you very well,” Raven said as she changed her voice to sound just like Marie.

“Okay that’s just creepy, and no I don’t want you to. I just don’t understand why the Professor hasn’t found me, thought he was the strongest mutant on the planet?”

“No his the strongest telepath on the planet, you’re the strongest mutant on the planet,” Raven said turning round to face her daughter.

“Oh yea how you figure that?” Marie sat down on at the kitchen table waiting for Raven answer.

“Well let’s see, you can lour any man or woman to you with just a look and smile, you have a goddess body that would make any woman kill for. Oh and with one touch of a finger you can have any power, memory, knowledge in the world, you can pass as a human and get away with it, and no one could touch you.”

“Okay first you think I have a goddess body?” looking down at herself Marie had never really thought about it. “Second you forget if I touch that many people it will drive me insane to have so many people in my head. And third…. okay I don’t have a third but I will come up with one,” both Marie and Raven laughed at that.

It was weird a few months ago Marie would have fought Raven with ever last breath thinking she was the enemy, would have let Logan kill her if it meant she could live, and now here she sat in their kitchen, watching Raven cook dinner.

“How hungry are you, there’s quit a bit going?” Raven asked as she got some plats from the cupboard.

Although it was Marie’s favourite meal the sudden smell of hot chicken made her feel sick. In fact she had been feeling unwell for the last few days.

“Truth I still don’t feel hungry, maybe I will get something later,” with that Marie pushed herself out of the kitchen chair, only to fall right back into it, having a sudden wave of the dizzies.

“Marie honey, are you okay?” Raven was by her side in seconds.

“Yeah I’m fine, just got up to fast that’s all.”

“Well I don’t care, I’m phoning Dr. Jettson and making you an appointment, we are going to find out what this is and that’s that,” waiting for Marie’s dizzy spell to pass, Raven helped her up to her bedroom were Marie fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

*Next Morning*

::Oh I really don’t feel so good, what did I eat last night? Oh right I didn’t. What time is it anyway?::

Rogue looked over to her nightstand seeing the alarm clock saying 12:01pm.

“Shit I slept in so late.” Blotting up in bed, Marie was hit with any wave of dizzy spells and nonuser. Feeling the nonuser get worse Marie ran for the bathroom making it in time to start throwing up into the toilet.

Hearing Marie run for the bathroom Raven rushed up the stairs to see what was wrong, as Raven reached the bathroom door she saw Marie hunted over the toilet seat.

“Its okay baby I’m here, I’m here,” rubbing Marie’s back, trying to comfort her as she throw up.

After another 5 minutes Marie finally stopped being sick and now had her back against the wall. Raven was by the sink wetting a cloth.

“Here places this on your head,” handing the wet cloth to Marie.

“How are you feeling now?”

“Better thanks, don’t get why I was so sick, hardly eaten the last week, I must have a pretty bad bug,” Marie said wiping the wet cloth over face.

“Well we will find out in a few hours, you have an appointment for 2pm so hurry up and get showed, would you like me to fix you anything to eat?” Raven asked as she helped Marie of the floor and over to the bathtub.

“No thanks, think I’m just gonna have a nice soothing bath.”

“Okay then, I’ll leave the door at a jar just encase you need me,” Raven started to walk over to the bathroom door, but stop at what Marie said next.

“Thank you, mother,” it was the first time since finding out that Marie had called Raven mother.

“Its what I’m her for honey, now have your bath, I’ll just be down stairs,” with a soft smile Raven walked out the bathroom given Marie some time to her self.

*2 Hours Later*

“Mrs Logan how nice to see you again, I trust your injures are healed up?” Dr Jettson ask as he seated Marie and Raven in his office. Raven had called Dr Jettson after she brought Marie home and couldn’t wake her.

“Yes they are thank you,” Marie was nerves she had always hated Doctors, even more so with Logan in her head.

“Well what seems to be the problem?” Dr Jettson asked sitting in his chair.

“Well over the last week or so Marie has gone off her food saying she’s been feeling sick, and having dizzy spells. And just this morning was throwing up,” Raven explained to the doctor.

“Hmmmm well I will run some tests on you Marie, take some blood simples, and give you a full check over.”

“Okay then,” Marie went very white at the mention of a blood, now normal this doesn’t faze her, but today Marie didn’t think she could handle the sight of her own blood.

After about half an hour of test Marie and Raven were on their way home, being informed that the blood test results wont be back for at least 4 days, until then Marie would have to wait.

^4 Days Later^

Marie was pashing backwards and forwards, she had been like this for 3 days, wondering what her blood test would say, would they show her X-gene, would they show something else. She couldn’t wait any longer and went to dial Dr Jettson number when the phone began to rung.

With a shaky hand she answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Mrs Logan? Hi its Dr Jettson here, I have your results back would you like me to make you an appointment to tell you about the results or would you like for me to tell you down the phone?”

::Oh God have they found something?::

“Tell me now please,” Marie asked.
“I would feel better if you made an appointment, we need to talk about something.”

“Dr Jettson I would rather you tell me down the phone.”

“Okay then, Mrs Logan are you sitting down I’m afraid we found something in your blood work.”

Oh god.

^4 Months Later^

It was Christmas time, Christmas light twinkled everywhere around New Orleans, a light snow was falling over the city.

Looking out of the frosted window Marie thought back to how much her life had changed in the last few months. The news that Dr. Jettson had given her was quite a shock. It wasn’t till her first ultra sound that it truly sunk in, she was pregnant with Logan’s baby.

And that’s when the true sadness hit, she was going to have a baby with the man she loved more in the world and he didn’t even know she was alive. Logan would never know of their child and it hurt like hell.

Listening to the baby’s heartbeat, she knew deep in her heart that it was going to be a boy, as he had the heart of his father. That brought Marie some comfort that if she had a boy she knew he would look like Logan.

From that night on Marie cried herself to sleep holding her stomach; the pain was too much for her. She though many times of taking her life there and then, but then the ‘What Ifs?’ popped into her head, what if Logan found her, what if she chose to go back. But deep down she knew that she couldn’t for the sake of hers and Logan baby. What if Bobby tried to kill her again, or hurt her baby? Even if Logan was at the mansion Bobby would find away she know he could.

So she stayed, hoping, waiting that the faiths would show her what to do. Marie always found snow calming maybe it was because she was from Mississippi and never had a chance to see snow, or maybe it was the Logan in her head enforcing it.

She was waiting for Raven to come back from her trip, fearing Logan safety Raven had offered to do some spying now and again on him, to see how he was. But something felt wrong, Raven had been gone to long, her heart felt like it was turning cold and feeling with hate and despair. She couldn’t put her finger on it.

Lost in thought Marie never heard the back door open, or see the shadow of a person watching her.

“You know, you really should keep that door locked, anyone could just walk right,” the figure said as it moved over to Marie.

“It was locked, you just had a key,” Marie answered back turning round to see a tall man before her.

“Any news?” the man could see the worry in Marie’s eyes but thought it would be best to change before giving her the news he brought.

Marie watched silently as the man grow small in size and changed into a women, now standing before was the women who she had grown to love more and more over the last few months, her mother.

“Marie honey..” Raven started but stopped not knowing how to finish.

“What is it?”

“Its Logan.”