“Cleanliness is the utmost importance!”

She cringed. Loudspeakers were entirely too loud.

“Please, proceed in orderly fashion!”

Language felt strange, almost alien.

“Follow the yellow line through the procedure!”

She turned to look at the man walking beside her. There was a homicidal gleam in his eyes.

“Leave your clothes to the locker room! Pick up your hygiene kit and proceed to shower in orderly fashion! Your local waste disposal unit thanks you for your cooperation and bids you good day!”

Logan cringed, then turned to her.

“I’ll fucking trash those loudspeakers in orderly fashion...” He growled low under his breath. she grasped his hand, afraid that one of the sensors would pick up his words. It was not uncommon occurrence to get beaten or even killed over insubordinate behaviour here.

“Cleanliness is the utmost importance!”

She was actually waiting for her allotted shower anxiously. So far they hadn’t been able to install the loudspeakers in to bath barracks.

“Please, proceed in orderly fashion!”

“I’ll show you fucking orderly...” Logan growled again. She squeezed his hand, in vain attempt to shut him up before anybody heard him.

“Follow the yellow line through the procedure!”

“Be nice. I don’t want to go there alone,” she whispered when Logan made a move to grab the nearby loudspeaker. He grunted something intelligible, but settled on glaring the offending plastic horn rather than tore it down from the wall.

She let out a relieved breath once they walked through large double doors to locker room. It was communal, as were the showers. She didn’t feel like going in alone. Logan was her shield against perverts.

“Move to your right and pick up your hygiene kit before entering the shower room!”

“I’ll fucking shove that kit to their arse if that screaming doesn’t stop soon...” Logan muttered, then steered her to a remotely shielded corner of the locker room and stood on guard while she undressed. She tried to be quick. Sooner she got out of her clothes the less time she had to spend in here.

She waited for Logan to undress. technically se should have moved to the long line where people stood, waiting none too patiently for their turn, but she was reluctant to leave the relative safety Logan offered just by his presence alone.

She watched as he undressed. First to go were his numerous jackets and shirts, then jeans. She couldn’t help it. She almost laughed out loud when she saw his underwear, bright pink boxer briefs. She tried her best to suppress the fit of giggles.
“What?” Logan asked, one brow raised questioningly before shrugging of the pink garment as well.
“Where did you get those?” She asked, motioning towards briefs.
“They came with the package. Beggars can’t be choosers, kid...” He grunted, then walked to the end of the line.

“Cleanliness is the utmost importance! Accept your hygiene kit and proceed to showers! Your local waste disposal unit thanks you for your cooperation!”

“Jesus Christ. One day I’m going to soak those fucking loudspeakers in whiskey. Let’s see how cheery and bright they’d be after that...”
“I told you not to drink all of it at once,” she whispered, keeping her voice low enough that only Logan could hear her.
“Yes, mom...”

She opted not to continue the banter. It was unlikely that Logan would abandon her now, but it wasn’t exactly in her best interest to keep harassing him about the bottle of whiskey that had arrived earlier in the monthly well-care package. She needed Logan at her good side while in the shower. She didn’t want to get ogled, harassed, or even worse, raped just because Logan got bored and turned his back at the wrong moment.

“Cleanliness is the utmost importance! Your local waste disposal unit thanks you for your cooperation!”

Wide doors of the shower room closed behind them as the line proceeded in orderly fashion.