Author's Chapter Notes:
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...
Rogue awoke the next morning in a bed that was not her own. No, she thought, casting about, this bed was larger and, she discovered with a small gasp, filled with a still sleeping, but nevertheless very tangible and very shirtless Logan. The site of her still snoozing companion brought the memory of the previous day rushing back to her. She began to feel tears, once again, flooding her eyes, and she stifled a sob.

Besides her, she felt Logan begin to stir. She had not been quiet enough. She tried to quickly wipe away any tears as he rolled over to face her. Flicking a crumb of sleep dust out of the corner of his eye, he looked up at her and smiled gently.

“Hey, kid,” he said softly. “How are ya feeling?” He reached out and rubbed her arm.

“I’d be lying if I said I’ve never been better,” Rogue said, attempting a grin.

“You just need time, Marie.”

“I know.”

He reached out his arm, as if to beckon her into his space. She accepted his invitation and shimmied down so that her body was in line with his. She sighed in contentment as his strong arms enveloped her. Whatever she was feeling, she felt immensely better just being held. Perhaps it was a sense of security, one she so desperately needed after the rattling events of the last several weeks. She realized that Logan had been the one who had basically carried her through the awful episode. And, she had not forgotten their heartfelt exchange just before she…she didn’t want to even think the word.

Rogue looked at him. He was basking in the morning sunlight: awake, but keeping his eyes shut. She stretched up and planted a kiss on his cheek.

Without opening his eyes, he smiled lazily and asked, “What did I do to deserve that?”

Rogue kissed his other cheek and waited. When he finally opened his eyes, she replied simply, “For everything.” He grinned and returned her pecks, but his wandering mouth eventually made it to her own. Wrapping her arms tightly around him, Rogue pulled herself as tight as she could against Logan, savoring the touch of his lips and the feel of his large, warm body.

His kisses grew more intense, his tongue probing its way into her mouth. She felt him shift and allowed him to roll on top of her, supporting himself above so as not to crush her. Logan’s hands roamed the length of her body, squeezing her hips and cupping her breasts. She moaned into his mouth, arching her back as if to request more. He did not disappoint. In one fast move, he had whipped his own t-shirt off of her prone form, leaving her naked save for the boxer shorts he had outfitted her with the night before. He began to lathe at her nipples, alternating between licking, sucking, and biting. She groaned in response, and ran her fingers through his sleep tussled hair.

She brought her legs up and around his hips, locking him into position and effectively bringing their pelvis closer together. Feeling his jutting erection, Rogue writhed beneath him, knowing full well what it would do to him. She heard him growl in pleasure as he nipped at her ear. She reached between them and found the hole in the front of his shorts. Snaking her small hand through the opening, she grasped at his shaft, rubbing it up and down and enjoying Logan’s reaction. His hips bucked and his eyes shut tight.

Then, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her hand out of his boxers mumbling what sounded like, “wait, wait, wait.”

She looked up at him, questioning. “What?” she asked.

“Marie, baby, we don’t have to do this now,” he whispered, looking concerned.

She registered what he was saying and appreciated his concern. It made her want him even more. She tweaked a lock of his hair playfully. “I know,” she told him, “but I want to.”

She recaptured his mouth with conviction and resumed rubbing her pelvis against his. Hiking up her legs even further, she was able to get her toes under the elastic lining of his boxers, another trick she had learned in one of Jubes’ magazines. She then began to push his shorts down his legs until her own could reach no further. He finished the job, kicking them off and starring at her in amazement. He wasn’t without his own moves, though, and with a *snikt*, he popped a claw and ripped the pair of boxers she was wearing off of her body. Logan paused, admiring the beauty beneath him.

“Hold on,” he breathed. Rogue sat up a bit, annoyed. What more could he possibly want? She watched as he reached over to his side table drawer and pulled out a condom. He held it up for her to see and then ripped open the package with his teeth and rolled it on.

Rogue felt a little embarrassed. Even after all she had been through, she still hadn’t thought of protection. She was glad Logan did.

He got back on top of her and positioned himself between her legs. She squirmed downwards, as if unable to wait any longer. He smirked, and drove himself home inside of her.

Rogue realized at once that he filled her up much more than Johnny ever had, and she breathed heavily, adjusting to his girth. He soon began rocking into her, keeping a steadily increasing pace. She loved the feeling of him inside her, and began raising her own hips in order to take more of him in. Raking his back with her fingernails, she moaned. “Oh, God, Logan. Harder….just like that.”

She heard him grunting with effort and felt the sweat forming on his skin and mingling with her own as he pushed in and out of her. Quickly, he spun them across the bed, leaving her on top. She began to roll her hips back and forth, enjoying the new angle she found in that position.

Logan had begun to thrust upward into her, matching her movements. He reached up and cupped a breast, fingers sweeping over her taut nipple. His hand dropped, tracing patterns along her stomach until it found its resting place on her clit. He thumbed it in rhythm with their movements and soon it was more than Rogue could bear.

She came hard, gasping and calling his name. The feeling of her inner walls clenching around him was his undoing, and he found himself careening over the edge as well.

Afterwards, they lay in each other’s arms. Rogue remembered once again what he had told her the day before. She had known, in the split second before she had rolled off of him to go hurl, exactly how she wanted to respond, and she figured now was as good a time as ever.

“Logan,” she nudged him.

“Yeah, darlin’?”

“I didn’t get a chance to tell you yesterday, when you told me, but…I love you, too.”

He kissed her gently and whispered, “I know.”

They lay in bed for the rest of the day, sometimes taking a break to get food, sometimes taking a break to make love. And for the first time in awhile, Rogue felt truly at ease.
Chapter End Notes:
Awww. Don't you just love a happy ending?

But what's this? It's not over?

Yes, my friends, there's more. Working on an epilogue, should be up, er, soon.