Author's Chapter Notes:
With every chapter we're getting closer to what I'm sure you all want. Some panty shredding, hickie leaving wild sexy times, right? I thought so. But, my pretty peonies, according to the Hollies, the road is long, with many a winding turn.

One more thing: I'm getting into some pregnancy stuff in this chapter; nothing too in depth, but enough that I had to do some wikipedia-ing. Sorry if I got anything mixed up and backwards. I've never been preggo, so, er, just go with it! *makes swooping motions with arms*
The next morning, Rogue woke up with a headache, most likely, she decided, from all of her crying the night before. She wandered over to her vanity and picked up a bottle of aspirin. She had shaken 2 pills out into her hand before she froze. Were aspirins safe for pregnant women? She didn’t know. She felt a surge of gratitude toward Logan. She had known she needed to see a doctor, but hadn’t really planned on going any time soon. She was starting to realize she had a lot of questions about being pregnant.

She dressed and made her bed. She was still upset about John leaving, but she would be damned if she was going to spend more time crying over him when she was certain that he wasn’t crying over her.

She was straightening up her desk when Logan knocked on her door. She opened it, and beamed up at him.

“That’s the beautiful smile I like to see,” he said, grinning back. “You ready?”

“Yeah. I definitely am,” she told him, referring both to her appointment and her attempt to get over Johnny.

They rode in Scott’s car to the doctor’s office. She signed in and sat down in the waiting room next to Logan. She was a little nervous.

After a few minutes, a nurse came out and called her name. She stood up, turned, and asked Logan, “Aren’t you coming?”

“I didn’t know if you wanted me to,” he said, shrugging.

“Of course I do!” she told him, holding out her hand. He took it, and together they followed the nurse into an empty examining room.

The nurse glanced down again at her clip board. “Ok…Marie, we’re going to have to perform a test to confirm that you are, in fact, pregnant.” She had Marie lie back and began to perform the ultrasound.

“Can you actually see anything?” asked Marie. “I mean, I can’t be more than a month pregnant. If that.”

“Yes, we might be able to see a gestational sac by now, which would be a definite confirmation,” the nurse told her. “Aaaand, yes, there it is!” She pointed on the monitor to a small round shape. “Congratulations,” she said smiling at Rogue, “I’ll go get the doctor.”

She took off her gloves, and walked toward the door, pausing to squeeze Logan’s shoulder. “And, congratulations, Dad!” she said softly as she exited.

Logan opened his mouth and shut it in rapid succession, looking like a goldfish. “But, I’m not the…” he drifted off as he realized she had gone. Rogue could only laugh.

A week later, Rogue stood in front of her dresser, lining up her pre-natal vitamins. Her stomach felt uneasy, but she knew it wasn’t because of morning sickness. She had invited Bobby to come “hang out” and she was planning on telling him the truth. She didn’t know just how he would take it, but she had a feeling he was going to be more than just a little upset.

All too soon, she heard Bobby knocking and called for him to come in. He entered, his face a mix of smile and concern.

“Hey, babe,” he said, coming up and hugging her from behind.

She turned and hugged him back. When they pulled back, he asked her, “How are you holding up?”

“Um, fine I guess. I still can’t believe Johnny left, but you know, I’m trying to get over it, I guess. How about you?”

“Yeah, I’m about the same.”

He already looked so sad, but Rogue knew she couldn’t put it off any longer. She took a deep breath and gathered her nerves. “Bobby, I need to talk to you about something,” she said, taking his hand and leading him to sit with her on her bed.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, his blue eyes clouding with concern.

“This is hard for me to tell you, and I can’t imagine a worse time to tell you,” she began, then took another deep breath and continued. “I’m pregnant.”

She watched as his eyes widened. She could see him working it out in his head, how things didn’t quite add up. His eyebrows suddenly furrowed. “What? What the fuck, Rogue? Are you kidding me?”

She shook her head. Bobby stood up swiftly and began to pace. He began yelling, “I cannot believe this. First my best friend deserts me, then I find out my girlfriend, who never wants to have sex with me, has gone and gotten knocked up by someone else!” He stopped and faced her. “Who was it, Rogue? Wait,” he held up his hand and closed his eyes. “It was fucking Logan, wasn’t it?”

Rogue started to correct him, “Actuall…” but was cut off.

“I fucking knew it. Goddamn it, I always saw the way he looks at you. Like you’re his for the taking. I never thought you felt the same way, Rogue.” His volume had gone down, but he was still obviously pissed. “Jesus. He’s like older than the professor, and a fucking letch to boot! And, he’s a scumbag to do this to you,” he added.

Rogue had heard enough. “Oh my God, SHUT THE FUCK UP.” She got up and got in his face. “Don’t you ever talk about Logan that way. Ever. Again. Or, I’ll kick your ass worse than he would. Besides,” she hissed at him, “he’s not the fucking father.”

Bobby looked like some of the wind had come out of his sails. “Then who is?” he spat at her.

“John,” she said quietly, looking at her shoes.

“Jesus fucking Christ,” Bobby swore, glaring at her, before he turned and walked out of the door. Rogue ran after him.

“Bobby! Wait!” she called down the hallway after him.

“I don’t want to talk you anymore!” he yelled back. Students were starting to peek out of their doorways. “I don’t want anything to do with you anymore!”

Rogue stared after him. She then noticed all of the students staring at her. “What?” she yelled down the hall, tears burning her eyes. “Haven’t you ever seen two people break up?” She began to cry again and she felt two strong arms pick her up and sling her, fireman style, over broad shoulders.

Logan carried her back to his room and went and got her some tea.

“Thanks,” she sniffled.

“Yeah, no problem,” he said gruffly. They sat in silence for a bit. Finally, Rogue said, “He was the first boy who ever told me he loved me.”

Logan cast a sidelong look at her. “I’m sure he won’t be the last, kid.”

Rogue snorted. “Right, because in the next few months I am gonna look soooo sexy. Nothing makes a boy coming running like pregnancy.”

“Hey, women get that whole glow thing when they’re knocked up, didja think about that?” he said, nudging her playfully in her side.

She giggled despite herself. “”Logaaaan,” she warned.

“What? You ticklish or something?” he grinned, nudging her again, and then assaulting her with tickling fingers up and down her side. She was soon laughing so hard she could barely breathe. They collapsed back on the bed, rolling around, struggling for dominance in the situation.

“Logan…hahahaha…please!” Rogue gasped, trying to fight him off. “I can’t breathe!”

He kept it up, laughing as well, “Jesus, kid, you’ve gone soft!”

“Logan!” she shrieked, “Cut it out! Hahahahaha, I’ll turn my skin on!” The threat of a good skin sucking made him cease his torture. Rogue hiccupped and attempted to get her breath back. When she did, she finally registered the position they had come to rest in. She was on her back, and Logan held himself up over her in a push-up like position. Their bodies were flush together from their hips on downward. She sucked in a breath at the sheer intimacy of it.

She gazed up at Logan’s face. He was still chuckling, but as his laughter faded, it became clear that he was noticing how they had ended up. He looked down at her, and his expression changed. She couldn’t read it quite clearly. It almost looked like hunger. He reached down and tucked the white streak in her hair behind her ear. And, she let him. The action had caused their faces to come closer together. She couldn’t help but look at his lips. They looked so perfect. How had she never noticed before?

Her gaze returned to his eyes. Her heart rate sped up a little as she noticed his pupils were dilated. She had read in one of Jube’s magazines that that indicated arousal. Could Logan possibly be…excited? By her? She felt herself hoping so. She could feel her breathing become a little shallow, and knew it had nothing to do with the weight of the man resting on top of her.

Suddenly, he spoke: “Oh, fuck it.” And, with that he bent down and kissed her. Her eyes flew open in surprise, but, then closed. The kiss was warm, but rather chaste. When it finished, Logan pulled back and looked at Rogue, ready to gauge her reaction. It was extremely positive.

Putting her arms around his neck, she pulled him down once more, seeking his lips with hers. His mouth opened, and she timidly snaked her tongue inside, tasting his cigars and beer. She relished the feeling of his hands in her hair as he kissed her back. She knew he had been around the block once or twice, and figured that must account for him being such a great kisser. Because he was. He was the best kisser she had ever lip locked with, and even though the list of other boys wasn’t very long, she didn’t feel like she needed to go out and test this theory with any other male.

His tongue, swirling around her own, caused her emit the smallest of moans, and suddenly he pulled back, looking concerned.

“What?” asked Rogue, half in a daze.

“It’s just that, I think we should stop.” This struck her as a fantastically bad idea. Why would she ever want to stop? She looked up at him quizzically, and he explained, “Marie, it’s not that I wasn’t just enjoying myself. I think it’s pretty clear to the both of us that I was.”

Rogue’s brow furrowed as she worked out what he meant. It abruptly hit her, and she wiggled beneath him to test his words. Yep, he really was enjoying himself.

Her moving under him caused him to give out what sounded like a growl mixed with a groan. “Baby, you gotta stop. Trust me, I think we need to slow down,” he rasped.

She knew he was right.

"I'm gonna go, I think," she told him, and he allowed her to get up.

"Hey," he said, grabbing her arm. "Don't be upset."

"I'm not," she assured him.

"Ok. I just need to work some shit out. I'll come find you tomorrow, all right?"

She smiled. "Can't wait."
Chapter End Notes:
And that was just a taster! Just keep your X-Men underoos on.