Author's Chapter Notes:
Aha, and the drama ensues! Starting with this chapter, I'll be making reference to events in X2, so I'm trusting that you all have been good girls and boys and done your homework and have seen that movie. If you haven't...what are you waiting for?!
Rogue woke up, and was immediately confused. Why was she in Bobby’s room? And why was it so freaking hot? She sat up in the bed she was in, and in a split second it all came rushing back to her. The previous night, the beers, and the fact that Johnny now had her v-card.

“Shit,” she mumbled, rubbing the sleep dust out of her eyes. Her stirring had woken her bed buddy up, and he turned and smiled up at her.

“Morning, sunshine,” he grinned at her.

“Johnny, I think we might have, um,” she paused, not wanting to hurt his feelings.

He jokingly tried to finish her sentence: “Fucked?”

Despite the gravity of the situation, she laughed. “Well, yes. That we did.” She couldn’t help but smile back at him, even though her mind was whirling with thoughts of Bobby.

“Did you, uh, enjoy it?” asked Johnny quietly, as he began to brush his fingers over her bare arm, causing little sparks of excitement to run up and down her spine.

“Yeah,” she sighed, sounding dreamier than she’d have liked. “But, what about Bobby? I’m really not sure how to handle this, Johnny. I guess this means I should break up with him, right?”

“Roguey, I can’t tell you that. It’s up to you,” he said as he sat up and continued to run his fingertips up her arms and down her back. It was very distracting.

“It would affect your friendship you know,” she pointed out. She could see through his sheets that he looked like he was ready for round two, and the very sight of his erection caused her begin to feel wet in a very personal area.

“Then maybe you shouldn’t tell him. At least not just yet.”

“I just don’t knowwwahh,” she started to moan as his fingertips came around to her front and dipped down to her ready nub and began to stroke her. She felt him turn her head and she acquiesced, kissing him as they lied back. As they started up again, she could feel herself slipping, but into what she was not sure.

**********

It had been a month. A month of the two of them sneaking around behind everyone’s back-including her boyfriend’s, his best friend’s-and hooking up in dark corners or fucking when either of them had their bedrooms to themselves. As far as they knew, no one knew what they had been up to. They knew they had several mind-readers running, or in the Professor’s case, wheeling, around, but they also knew that both Xavier and Jean stayed out of people’s heads unless they were welcomed in. What surprised them most of all was that they had been able to keep it from the two people most likely to figure things out: their roommates.

But, Jubilee had recently become very preoccupied by Pete, and Bobby, well, Bobby never had any reason to think that his best friend could often be found in one of the mansion’s coat closets or perhaps the pool shed, having very indecent relations with his girlfriend.

For Rogue’s part, she still hadn’t quite worked out what she wanted to do. It seemed like every time she had balled up the courage to talk to Bobby about how she was feeling, he would say something that would completely disarm her, like, “I’m so glad we’re together, you’re so beautiful.” And she would sigh, and put off breaking his heart for another time.

Johnny didn’t seem to mind the sneaking around at all. He was much braver than she was, pulling her away at times when she was sure someone would notice, or engaging her in a place where she was sure they’d be caught.

Rogue knew what she was doing wasn’t right, but Johnny had become like a drug to her. She was addicted. She would at times come to the conclusion that she should try to break her addiction, but then she’d feel a tug at her sleeve and turn to find him beckoning her into his room-Bobby had gone to rent a movie, he’d say-and she would fall back into his arms and back into her bad habit. She had gotten her control down pact. She theorized that it was because she had been practicing so much.

And then, after a month of playing hide and seek with Johnny (in so many ways), the XMen had announced that they were going on a class field trip to the Natural History Museum. The older kids, like Rogue, Johnny, and Bobby, were invited, even though they had graduated already. And so they had gone along, looked at the T-Rex skeleton, and, while Bobby had offered to escort two young boys to the rest rooms, Rogue and Johnny had gone down on each other in the dark of the 3D aquarium show.

Afterwards, they had joined Bobby in the cafeteria, and Rogue had sat there, witnessing Johnny’s surprisingly hostile reaction to the jerks who had approached their table. While exiting the museum, she yanked him aside.

“What the hell was that about, John?” she hissed at him, not wanting to be overheard, although she was probably safe, what with all of the students streaming out around them.

“Oh come on, those guys were asking for it. Did you see that douche’s face?” John began chuckling.

Rogue opened her mouth to tell him off, but she was prevented by Bobby coming up to the two of them. She settled on glaring at Johnny, and the three headed to the waiting buses.

That night, citing exhaustion, Rogue took a break from hanging with her two boys. Instead, she sprawled out on her bed, reading her favorite book, Pride and Prejudice. She inwardly sighed. Oh, that Mr. Darcy. So dark. So closed off. So unattainable. So hot.

Her wandering thoughts were cut short by Jubilee entering the room. Rogue looked at the clock and then looked at her friend with raised eyebrows.

“In by 10? Wow, Jubes, I’m surprised. Where’s Pete?”

Jubilee sighed overdramatically and flopped back on her bed. “Ugh, I’m in here for the night. No point in spending it with him. Aunty Flo has come to town.”

Rogue laughed. “Sorry to hear that, honey. You need any…” but she trailed off. Mentally, she worked through the last month in her head and tried to remember the last time she had gotten her period. Fuck.

“Shit!” she gasped, smacking her hand to her forehead. How could she have been so stupid? She was supposed to be a mature, smart, responsible girl who knew better, and yet she could not think of one time when she and John had used any sort of protection. With all of the spontaneity and secrecy, plus the fact that her head was half consumed with what to do about Bobby, she had forgotten all about the possible consequences of sex.

Jubilee looked up. “What?”

Rogue knew she needed to get herself to a pharmacy, and fast. She weighed her options. She really didn’t want anyone to know about this. Not just yet. She loved Jubes, but her friend loved to gossip, so she was automatically out. She didn’t want to worry Johnny without knowing for sure, and she sure as hell didn’t want Bobby taking her to pick up pregnancy tests. She needed someone who wouldn’t ask too many questions. She needed someone who she knew she could trust. She needed…

“LOGAN!” she demanded as she pounded on his door. He finally wrenched it open, looking down at her, amused.

“What’s up, kid?”

Flustered, she fidgeted with her hair. Not looking directly at him, she mumbled, “Can you drive me to the drug store, please?”

“This late? Can’t it wait, kid? The hockey’s on,” he added, jerking his thumb in the direction of his TV. “Come on in and watch with me. I’ll take you to the store tomorrow.”

“Logan,” Rogue was bringing out the big guns. She opened her eyes real wide and pouted her already full lips. She wasn’t proud of this tactic, but it always worked with Logan. The softy. “Please, I reallllly need to go nowwww.”

Looking at her pouty face, he sighed. “Fine. But, you’re getting too old to be pulling that sad-puppy shit. It’s gonna get you into trouble some day,” he said as he grabbed his coat.

Driving along to the nearest pharmacy, Rogue sat silently and stared out the window. Finally, Logan cleared his throat and asked her the question she’d been dreading. “So, what do you need so bad that you can’t wait ‘til tomorrow to get it?”

Rogue squirmed uncomfortably. “Stuff,” she muttered evasively.

“Stuff?” he mocked. “Come on, Marie, if you’re gonna drag me out for a midnight CVS run, you might as well tell me what you’re getting.”

He had a point. Rogue wracked her brain for something to shut him up with. “Uh….female stuff,” she eventually told him. She figured he wouldn’t take that any further, and she was right. He even informed her that he would stay in the car while she ran in, much to her relief. She made a mental note to pick him up a few cigars at the register on her way out.

Unfortunately, she took a little too long standing in front of the maternity test display. There were so many brands, and she was surprised at how much their prices ranged. Did that mean their quality was all over the map as well? She was still standing, trying to make up her mind which to buy, when Logan came stamping up behind her.

“Jesus, Rogue, how long does it take to pick up a...” he drifted off as he fully took in the scene: his little Marie, standing wide eyed and blushing in front of the pregnancy test aisle. “Aw, Christ, Marie,” he said quietly as he saw her eyes start to water. He pulled her into him, and gently kissed the top of her head. “Come on,” he told her, pushing past her and grabbing five different tests and a gallon of water on the way back up to the register. He paid for it all.

Rogue still hadn’t said anything as they drove back to the mansion. She had kept her tears at bay, but her head swarmed with thoughts. She really hadn’t wanted Logan to know what her true purchase would be, and she had been extremely embarrassed when he had come back to find her. His reaction had puzzled her, though. She had thought that he would have been angry, or maybe disappointed in her. Instead, he just seemed…sad?

Just as he had on the way to the store, it was Logan who broke the silence. Quietly, gruffly, he asked her, “How late are you?”

Rogue bit her lip. She had never in a million years ever imagined having this conversation with Logan. “Um, I’m not sure, a month? Maybe a little more.”

He nodded. Then shocking her, he said, “It’s John, isn’t it?”

She whipped her head around to look at him, her mouth wide open. “What? How? How’d you know?”

Logan stole a glance at her, then kept his eyes on the road. “Darlin’, not a lot goes on in that mansion that I don’t know about. You don’t need to be a telepath when you have my senses,” he explained. “And recently, I’ve been smelling him on you a lot.”
Rogue stared at him. “We haven’t been together for very long, just…”

“Since that night you stole my beer and put on that fireworks show on the balcony?” he managed a wry grin at her astonishment. “Yeah, I saw the two of you.”

“But, you never said anything!”

“Kid, after spending time in that mansion, I know not to get involved with other people’s love lives.”

“But, you knew we were sneaking around behind Bobby’s back! We were doing something, something bad,” she finished lamely, thinking she sounded like she was eight.

“Eh, I never cared much for that boyfriend of yours. And what would you have done if I would have called you out?”

Rogue was silent the rest of the way home.
Chapter End Notes:
By the by, I was writing this while I had down time at work, and I was trying to remember exactly what went down during the cafeteria scene in X2. Since I was pretty sure my boss would frown upon my watching it on youtube, I tried to find a script and go from there. I wound up finding what might have been an earlier script, because it definitely had changes from the movie. For example, Kitty was in it, hanging out in the caf with the thantasic three. Anywho, those of you NOT ready to smack me around for suggesting a little, ahem, heat, between Rogue and Pyro, should read it. In it he definitely has a thing for her (see? I held off on any flame puns), which culminates in the scene when he leaves them on the jet at alkali and he WINKS at her. Ah. For those of you who are curious, just yahoo search X2 script and it should be one of the first results.