The next morning I woke up in fear, fear of the fact that my nightmares did not pay their usual trip to me, fear that Logan will wake up and regret what happened between us, fear that this was one of my dreams and that what happened last night was only something that I had imagined. But as I turn around to look at Logan I know that everything is okay, god I must be the luckiest girl in the world to be waking up to this man, I can't help but touch his face, to feel his skin is amazing, well it would to me.

“You know how good that feels?” comes out of a very tired man, still with his eyes closed.

“Well good morning to you to sunshine” *giggles*

“What time is it?” asks Logan as he takes my hand into his and pulls me into a kiss.

“Early, but by the time where dressed it should be time for lunch”

“Oh really, what about breakfast?” he asks with a knowing smile and one eyebrow lifted.

“Well I thought we would just skip that”

“Oh really what else did you have in mind instead?” with that he leans over and kisses me again.

A few hours later we are finely up and dressed, well Logan is, I’ve browed a faunal sheet, and a pair of his boxer shorts which according to him look much better on me then him.

“So how did you sleep last night?” Logan asks as I sit on his bed.

“The truth, the best night sleep in a long time, in fact that’s the only night I can remember that I slept through right till morning without waking up screaming my lungs out” I say laughing, but one look at Logan indicates that I have a lot to explain.

“Well you know after I touch someone they go into my mind, well not only do I get them complaining about what to them, I also get their memories, which become my nightmares. The last person I used my powers on was Gambit, it turn out that there was a lot more to him then any one of us knew about.” One more look at Logan told me that he didn’t know. “He was a rapist and tried to rape me.” Boy I wish I had not said that ‘cause the next thing I know Logan had his claws out ready to kill. “Cool it Logan Gambit’s already dead, someone he did rape got back at him and killed him. Anyway, as I was saying he was the last person I used my powers on and of course I got all his memories, of what he did to all those women, how he enjoyed it, it made me sick, literally. Every night I would wake up and run for the bathroom, thank god for Scott..”

“Scott?” Logan asks with a bit of jealousy init.

“Yeah Scott, he could hear me at night when I was having the nightmares and would come into my room to make sure I made it to the bathroom in time, and to make sure I was okay. God there’re some nights I don’t know what I would do with out Scott. He would stay with me till I was asleep again, he stayed till I cried myself out, he stayed just to make sure that I wouldn’t do anything to myself to stop the dreams, he was just there for me.” By the end of this, Logan has moved over to where I’m sitting on the bed and places me on his lap. “Hey Logan don’t worry about it, lately the've been ok, not as bad but, well you know”

“Yeah darlin I know, believe me I know.”

~Logan POV~

So that’s why he’s been in her room every night, so then why didn’t he tell Jean?

“Hey darlin, who else knows about these dreams?”

“No one, only Scott, and now you.” She says as she turns to look into my eyes. “Scott keeps telling me that I should go see Jean or Hank about them, but at the end of the day they're just nightmares, everyone has to face them why should mine be any different. Anyway I’m hungry want to go down and get some lunch?”

“With you dressed like that?” I ask as I look her up and down, got to admit though she does look way too sexy in my boxers.

“And what’s wrong with the way I dress?” she asks as she does a little pose. “Don’t worry sugar my bedroom is on the way I’ll pop in quick and get change happy?” she ask as we walk out my room. As we walk down a bit more I can hear something, sounds like Scott and Jean having a fight. Of course Marie picked up on this.

“Logan what’s wrong?”

“Nothing darlin just Scott and Jean that’s all.”

“What about them?”

“Nothing, come on lets get you dressed and down to lunch, ‘cause the sooner we’re done eating the sooner we can get back to my room.”

“No I’m going to go check in on Scott, you know make sure Jeans not teler-pelting him.” And with that Marie is down the hall and at Scott and Jeans bedroom door.

~Rogue POV~

If she’s hurt him, I’ll kill her sister in-law or not.

“Jean, Scott is everything ok?” I ask as I knock on their door. When I get no answer I try the handle to see if the doors opens, it does. As I pock my head round the door the site that greets me is not a welcoming one.

“What’s going on?” I ask as I walk fully into the room.

“Rogue I didn’t see you there” Scott answers as he places his tops into a very big and very full suitcase.

“Scott what are you doing?” I ask in a very scared and nervous voice.

“What does it look like he's doing, he’s living me because of you!!!!” Jean points and says to me in a very angery voice.

“Hey leave Marie out of this, this has nothing to do with her? Scott yells at Jean for bringing me into this.

“Oh it has every thing to do with that husband stealing, southern bitch!!” Jean yells at me.

“Hey don’t you dare say that about my girl.” Logan says as he comes into the room and places his arms around me, trying to protect me.

“Your girl, after what I told you last night and your still with that tramp?”

“First of all I’m not a tramp, second of all what is she talking about Logan, what did she say to you last night?”

“It’s nothing important, none of it is true anyway.” Logan says as he holds me closer to him.

“What are you talking about Logan, your little TRAMP of a girlfriend is having an affair with my husband.”

“WHAT” that came from both Scott, and me ‘cause neither of us can believe it.

“Jean for the last time there is nothing, and I repeat NOTHING is going on between me and Marie.” Scott says as he lifts his suitcase from the bed and talks right up in Jeans face, then out the door. Of course I’m the first out the door after him.

“Where are you going to go?” I ask him.

“Where do you think!” he answers back, of course I knew where he was going, he was going to Hawaii to go see Alex.

At the bottom of the stairs I managed to catch up with him and throw my arms around him.

“Don’t go please, please stay what am I going to do with out you?” I ask him as I start crying.

“You see, I told you they were together.” Jean says to Logan as the reach us.

“Marie, its time for the truth now.”

“Logan what are you talking about, I told you this morning why Scott comes into my room, and what would happens to me if he’s not here. You did believe me right?” One look in Logan eyes told me everything that I needed to know. “You don’t believe me, so last night and this morning meant nothing to you, did you use me to get to Scott? Well answer me god damn it!” Now I’m the one thats pissed off.

“Yes” That one word hurt more than Logan pushing his claws into my chest; right now I would rather have that then this.

“Right, hey Scott want company?” I can’t stay here any longer; I got to get out before I break down.

“Always” and with that Scott and I head for the door.

“Oh before I forget to tell you all, the reason Scott and I are so close is because he’s my BIG BROTHER, and if you don’t believe me go ask the professor he’s the one that comfirmed it.” And with that said Scott and I are out the door, but not with out sending a message to the professor informing him that we are leaving and not coming back, and not to tell anyone about Alex, and to also make sure that no one sees the file on us.

So that’s why I’m sitting here in Scott’s car in nothing but the cloths I borrowed from Logan. No money, no change in cloths, nothing.

“Scott what are we going to do, I have nothing to wear, no money, and how will we even know that Alex will take us in on such short notice?”

“Don’t worry about it, you can borrow some of my clothes till I can buy you some more, when we get to Alex’s you can phone the bank and tell them that you were moving and lost your card and could they send you a new one.”

“And what about Alex?”

“Promise not to get mad?”

“Depends on what you want me to promise.”

“Well I sort of knew that Jean and I were ending so I phoned Alex a few weeks ago and he said that we are more then welcome, and that he already had rooms for us.”


“You said we, how did you know that I would come?”

“Well I knew that you would not leave me, and I was never going to lose you again. I was at first going to ask you to come with me, then Logan came home and I thought that maybe you would not leave him, but it turns out you did.” By the end of this I’m almost in tears, thinking of how much Logan hurt me with just one word.

“Hey Marie don’t worry about you got me, and Alex will look after you, I’ll protect you, both of you.” With that Scott takes my hand in his and we drive the rest of the like that, just to let each other know that were there for one another.