*Year and a half later*

After hearing the death of Gambit I tried to live my life as if it had not affected me, but the memories of him still haunt my dreams still, I see all the women he’d hurt over his life, the fun he got out of it, it made me sick literally every night I would be up and some how Scott knew when I was. Only Scott knew about my dreams and the affect they had on me, every night he would get up and come into my room and stay with me till I was sleeping peacefully again, in some cases this could take up to 3 hours. I would either be crying or vomiting. This really pissed Jean off, sometimes she even tried to follow him into my room and spy on us, good thing Scott always locks the door so that no one will see me like this. If it was even possible Scott, Alex and I became closer then I ever have been my whole life, I think it was that way for all of us, no one knew that Scott is my brother, or that we have another brother we all thought it was best that we didn’t tell anyone just in case a new enemy attacks and uses it against us.

Whenever we could Scott and I would go down to Hawaii and see Alex, this upset Jean even more because Scott would not tell her where we were going, and I guess I was no help ‘cause every time she saw us together we were either holding hands, or touching each other, in a brother and sisterly way of course. I also got my diploma in teaching Art and English, and the second I picked it up, the professor offered me a job in the school, which I of course took straight away. When I thought my life couldn’t get any better it did.

One night when I was in the rec room watching a movie with Scott I heard it. I heard the sound that I have wanted to hear for the last 5 years, the sound of something good coming, the sound of a motorcycle. Of course I was the first one out to great him, the Wolverine. The second I saw him I through my self at him, wrapping both arms and legs round him.

“Nice to see you to kid” he said whist placing my feet back on the ground. Then he got a really good look at me for the first time in 5 years, “Wow Marie, you look ummm…” “Not like a kid any more” I finish for him, “Don’t look to bad yourself” I answer back.

“Hello Logan”

“Hello One-Eye” mocking Scott

“How’s MY bike?” Scott ask in the most icey voice I’ve ever heard from him.

“MY bike is doing good thanks” replyed Logan. “So darlin how you been doing?” Logan asks as he places an arm over my shoulder and walks up to his room.

“I’ve been doing okay, nothing much really. Got a job here in the mansion teaching, hanging out with Scott, joined the team..”

“WHAT!!!”

“Logan what’s the big deal? I’m very good, Carlos powers come in very handy now and again, other then that its all me out there.”

“Can’t believe One-Eye let you sign up!” Logan says as he sits me on the window seat in his room.

“Well for your information I’m VERY good, and if you had been here you would of seen that.” I yell at him as I stand from the window seat, looks like Logan has other plans as he pushes me back down.

“Look Marie, I know you can be a good fighter, I mean come on you got me in here..” he says as he taps the side of my head. “And I saw how you handled youself against bucket-head, I also know Scott wouldn’t let you go out there unless he knew that you were ready, it’s just…, it’s just that I said I would look after you and I didn’t I let you down.” Logan says as he kneels before me and places his hands and head on my lap. “I promised I would look after you and protect you, not a minute later you were taken from me, then I go off and leave you for 5 years ‘cause I cant face it!” Logan is now trembling, there is nothing more then I can do then stroke his hair and tell him everything will be all right.

“What couldn’t you face Logan? Couldn’t you face the reusability of looking after me?”

“No, no nothing like that”

“Then what? Please Logan tell me!”

“I couldn’t face you.” He says whilst looking up into my eyes, have to admit that hurt.

“M….me” I say pointing to myself.

“God how can I put this. Marie after Magneto took you I didn’t know what to do with myself, then when I was holding you in my arms it hurt me ‘cause I could touch you.” He says whilst stroking my hands. “I could touch you, and you weren’t awake to see it, to feel it and it killed me know that I was the only one touching you and not getting hurt.” “But I hurt you after, after I took your powers”

“I know. When I woke up after Jean told me that you had a crush on me!”

“WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t believe her”

“I’m glad she did though”

“Why?”

“Well first of all you show me all of me, what I had been through, what I felt and a part of me was happy about that, but another part of me was scared”

“Scared! Scared of what?”

“I was scared of you. I was scared of what you might feel for me even more then a crush, I was scared that I had ruined your life by giving you some of mine, I didn’t know what to do. I was scared of what I felt for you, you were so young I couldn’t be with you; I had to let you grow up, to live a life with out me being round. So that’s why I ran. I ran ‘cause I’m a chicken.”

“What..” I ask in a shaking voice. “’Kay let me just get my head around this. You liked me, you where scared that you rude my life by saving it and giving me a reason to live.”

“That’s what I said, oh and by the way, I didn’t like you, I loved you, and I still love you.”

“What!” god the words that I have wanted to hear in 5 years and they’ve never sounded any better.

“I love you Marie, more then life itself, more then my life. I won’t to protect you from all the evil in this world, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, for you to be my wife, to have my children.” He says whilst placing a hand on my stomach. This is too much to take in, I mean one minute I’m dreaming of Logan say these things to me and now he has I don’t know what to.

It’s been a few minutes and I’ve not said anything not even looked at him, I’m just trying to take it all in. “Marie, Marie say something!” I finally look up into his eyes, and the first thing I see in them is fear, fear that he has let his heart out for nothing, that I’m just going to walk out and leave him like he thinks he left me. Before I can say anything there’s a knock on the door.

“Logan the professor wishes to have a word with you” Scott says from the door.

“I’ll….I’ll be right there” he says

“Is everything okay in here?” Scott asks, if things are not okay bro just open yours eyes a bit more and you will see that.

“Everything’s fine Scott.” I answer back, “We'll talk when you come back ‘kay sugar”, “’Kay darlin be back as soon as I can.” With that Logan leaves Scott and me in his room. “Marie what was that about?”

I cant speak, do I tell Logan the truth about how much I love him, how much he hurt me, I don’t know what to say. “Oh Scott what do I do?” I say as I sit back down on the window seat.

*Outside the room* ~Logan POV~

“Oh Scott what do I do?” Probably the most hardest, and painful words I’ve ever heard come from a person let alone Marie.

“I wouldn’t waste your time on her Logan.” A person says coming from one of the shadows.

“What are you talking about Jean?” I knew from her scent that it was her there.

“What I mean is that Rogue and Scott are having an affair,”

“What, Scott would never do that let alone Rogue”

“They’ve been together for the last 4 years. At first it would be little meetings talking about each other I swear she knows more about my husband then I do, he never told me what they talk about, and when I try to look in either Scott or Rogue’s head it like they put all their conversation in like a volt something that I can’t get into. Then, then he started going to her room in the middle of the night, spend a few hours there then come crawling back into mine thinks that he’s done nothing wrong. I thought Scott was better then that, boy was I wrong. So I wouldn’t waste your time giving your heart to Rogue, she already has Scott’s. you know what else, I think she’s pregnant. I hear her at night thronging up”

And with that Jean walks back down to her room. All I can think about is how hurt I am, and how could she not tell me.

As I walk into the professor’s office I can’t think of anything that the professor is saying, all I can think about is Marie and Scott.

After a I very long and boring conversation with the professor all I can think about is going up to my room and sleeping, but I was expecting to see what was in there, and that was Marie asleep on my window seat. God she looks like an angel, so at peace, how can one person who looks like this cause me so much pain.

~Rogues POV~

“Oh Scott what do I do?”

“What are you talking about Marie?”

“Logan just told me that he loves me, and that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me” I answer Scott’s question

“And? Isn’t that a good thing?” he asks

“Well yes and no. You see I love Logan, have since I first saw him in that bar, and its' great that I know that he feels the same back. It’s just…”

“Just what Marie?” Scott asks as he comes and sits next to me.

“How do I know that I’m right for Logan, I mean he’s been with plenty of women, why would he choose to settle down with me, I mean I was a thin, scared little kid when he first met me, and now he wants to marry me, and he says that he fell in love with me back then as well, but wanted me to live a life with out him first.”

“Marie I’m not seeing the problem here” stupid Scott, stupid Scott.

“Scott what I’m saying is, am I good enough to tame and tie down the big, bad Wolverine?”

“Oh”

“Yes Oh”

“Well you want to know what I think?”

“That is why I sort of asked Scott”

“Well I think that Logan is made for not coming back 4
years ago. Marie you are a fantastic person, if anyone could tie down the Wolverine then I’m sure it’s you.”

“Really?”

“Really”

“Thanks Scott, you’re the best” I say as I hug him, “That’s what I’m here for. Anyway I’ll leave you to wait for my future brother in-law” and with that Scott leaves me to think about how im going to tell Logan how I feel for him.

Whilst I was waiting for I placed all his belongings in the draws, and found right at the bottom of his duffel bag a small black box. I take my seat back at the window and open it to find the biggest diamond ring I have every seen. I just can’t keep the smile off my face, I just wish Logan would hurry up and get here so that I can show him how much I love him. Without reliasing I fall into a peaceful dream for the first time in 5 years.
The next thing I know I’m woken up by the sound of a door closing and when I look, there’s Logan standing over me.

“Hey” I says in a sleepy voice

“Hey”

“What time is it?” I ask

“Late, you should get to bed.”

“But I thought that we were going to talk?”

“Yeah well I’m tired maybe tomorrow” he says as he sits on his bed and removes his boots.

“Hey what’s wrong Logan?” I ask as I walk over and kneel in front of him and place my hands on his. He pulls his away, my that hurt.

“Are you having an affair with Scott?” he asks with out looking at me.

“What?”

“You heard me, are you and Scott having an affair?” this time he does look at me; all I can see is hurt in his eyes, and hope. Hope that Scott and I aren’t together.

“Logan there is nothing going on between me and Scott, and why would I want to be with him, when I love you.” I say to him. Next thing I know I’m lifted off the floor and pulled in to Logan’s arms where I’m greeted with the most loving kiss that I have ever been given.

“God Marie I love you so much”, “I love you too” I answer back with all of my heart. And that night Logan and I proved how much we love each other.