~Gambit’s Memory~

*One month later*

I know it was long but it was worth it, a whole month with my brothers what more could I ask for, although a lot of people were asking question when we came back from Hawaii, but thanks to the professor everyone thought that we were on a very dangerous mission.

When we touched back down at the mansion Scott was greeted by a very happy, very pissed off Jean, and the first thing she did to him was give him the biggest kiss he had every had.

“Well I should go away more often if I’m going to get an hello like that”

“Oh no you don’t mister a month is far to long, I never want you to go on one of those mission with out me you got that mister?

“Yes ma’am” Scott said with a solute, “Don’t worry Jean I looked after Scott for you, made sure he didn’t get into too much trouble” I say as I put my arm around Scott shoulder and walk away with him. By doing this action Jean gets even more pissed off, which I quite like but the women just doesn’t know when to let it all out, so instead she covers it all up and puts a big smile on her face.

“Oh before I forget, the professor wants to see both of you in his office and then theres a meeting after concerning one of our fellow X-Men.”

“Which one?” Scott asks as we head for the elevator to take us up to the ground floor.

“It’s Gambit, he was found dead, well what’s left of him early this morning.”

I can’t speak; I wouldn’t know what to say. Gambit, my ex-rapist of a boyfriend dead!!! I can’t move, it takes the effort of Scott placing an arm around my waist to first keep me up on my feet, and second move me onto the elevator, and then into one of the chairs in Xavier office.

When its' just Scott, the professor and I sitting in Xavier office I still can’t speak, the professor asks about our trip and Alex.

“It was great, I’ve missed him so much I hadn’t realised, and now I have my sister to, makes it even better.” I have to smile at that, it really was great having my brothers with me, after so long of not knowing them.

“That is good to hear. So why didn’t Alex return with you?” asks the professor.

“He wanted to stay in Hawaii, even knowing that his family was still alive, he has another one back there. Besides I don’t think he’s ready to become an X-Men I think he wants to live his life just a little bit more before joining up.”

“Well when you speak to him next, tell him that there is always a place here for him when he’s ready”

“Thank you Charles” and with that the conversation ends, and a new one started when the rest of the X-Men entered the professors office.

“Well, I guess your all wondering what happen to Gambit?” the professor started.

“It had crossed our minds” Jean answered from her position on Scott’s lap.

“Well it turns out that Remy had more to him then I knew”, “What does that mean Charles?” Ororo asked
“Well after I heard of his death I did a little research on our good Gambit. It turns out that he was not so good after all.” “Meaning?” Jean asked. “Gambit was wanted for 10 accounts of rape.” The professor said. Everyone in the room went quite, Scott looked over to Rouge to see what her reaction was, the only thing he saw was the pale look on her, and her head facing down, so not to meet the eye contact with anyone in the room. With out a second thought he reached over and pulled her hand into his and gave it a squeeze, this act was not unnoticed by a starting to get pissed of Jean.

“Rogue did you know any of this?” Jean asked.

“Yes” was all that Rogue said in a quiet voice, so quite that some members in the room may not of heard her.

“Could you just tell us how he died?” Scott cut in before anyone could ask any more questions.

“Yes well, about a week ago, Gambit got himself into a lot of trouble…”

“He was stealing again wasn’t he?” Rogue ask

“Yes he was. A very rare Greek artefact was on show here in New York…”

*Flash one week ago to the night of the party*

~Set in the memory of Gambits~

I managed to get passed the doormen as posing as that rich cows boy toy, now on to find my gold. As Gambit walked across the room to try and find the where bout’s of his gold, a slim figure on the side of the room notice the new guest and decided best to keep an eye on him.

As Gambit walked down the quiet and dim lit corridors he was unaware of the person behide him watching his every move. Gambit entered the room in which the artefact was placed.

“You’d think they have better security for something that worth $3 billon” he says whist holding the artefact in is hands.

“Thats why they have me” with that Gambit it turned round to see who the new member of the room is.

“Isabella, what are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same question, where do you think your going with that?” Isabella asked whist pointing to the artefact.

“Well I was thinking of selling it, get a lot of money for this baby”

“Well you're going to have to get through me first!!”

“Doesn’t seem like a problem to me” and with that Gambit used his unique skills and managed to jump over Isabella's head and out the room with in the blink of an eye, but unknown to Gambit Isabella had a few tricks of her own, and vanished into thin air.

As Gambit made it to the roof of the building a very smug Isabella greeted him.

“Gambit if you’re going to try and steal something from me, try doing it with me beating you to the exit” “Well it looks like I underestimated you did I not?”

“Oh you sure did, like you underestimated me when you RAPED me, or the fact that you thought I wouldn’t get pay back”

“I never raped you, you wanted to more then me!” Gambit said with no remorse.

“WHAT I CAN’T BELIVEVE YOU!!!! Wait you know what, I can and now its time you believe in me when I tell you that you are not leaving this roof alive with that artefact”
“Oh really!!” “Yes really” with that the colour of Isabella eyes changed from a midnight blue, to a stone grey. Gambit could do nothing more then look, which was a big mistake on his part because what Gambit did not realised was that Isabella held the power of Medusa, and with that Gambit started to turn to stone.

“You see Remy you should never toy with a woman’s feelings, or do anything that would hurt her the way you hurt me. What you did to me was unforgivable and for that you will pay.” By then end of this Gambit had been turned completely into stone. With a satisfied look upon her face, Isabella retrieved the artefact from the stone hands of Gambit, then did the one thing that she had wish to do since she saw him walk through the doors, she pushed him off the roof and watched with a smile placed upon her face. The stone Gambit fell to ground smashing into a thousand pieces.

With his body all over the pavement Isabella through a white rose on top of the remainder of him and said just five simple words;

“Never mess with Lady Rose” and with that done Isabella turned around to go place the artefact where it belongs and enjoy the rest of her life in peace.

*Back in the professor’s office*

“And that is how it happened” Charles finished off telling his X-Men what he had found out.

“Just like that huh?” Rogue asked.

“Who would of though that the Cajun could be killed in a manner like that?” Ororo asked.

“Just a shame I didn’t get my hands on him before, what was her name Lady Rose?” Scott said.

“Well the police are not looking into it anymore, all they think is that a statue fell from the roof that night and that is it.

“Well it’s time for lunch, so why don’t we finish this meeting here, and if anyone wish to talk more my office is always open.” Charles finished off

“Thank you professor” everyone said at once, well almost everyone. Rogue was still in shock of what she had just heard.

“Come on Rogue I’ll walk you up to your room.” Scott offered, as he places a hand on Rogues lower back and the other one on her shoulder.

*Rogue’s room*

“You sure your ok Marie?”

“I’m fine Scott, it just hearing about Remy got me thinking.”

“About???”

“About, how I’m free of him, and that I don’t have to look over my shoulder to make sure he’s not going to jump from around a corner and do to me like he did those other women. I’m… happy he’s dead”