*Two years later*

It’s been three years since I was brought to the mansion and to tell the truth it’s been the best three years of my life, well up to this point anyway. Well about 6 months ago I learnt to fully control my powers, a month later was my 21st birthday and three great things happened that day. First thing was that Gambit asked me out on a really date, we had been messing around for a while, you know the sweetie then sexy talk, and the whole shaking my hips when I leave a room, just to make sure he got a good look.

The second thing is that I learnt to fully control my powers.

The third thing that happened to me on that day was a phone call from non-other then Logan. He remembered my birthday which I think shocked me the most ‘cause I thought he didn’t even know when my birthday was, but I got a feel the professor had a little word with the big bad Wolverine. I have to admit I hadn’t realised how much I had missed him, I mean three years without a word from him and then out of the blue I’m on the phone to him.

“So how you been darlin?”

“I’ve been ok, not much happening here, well beside the fact that I learnt to control my powers, got some new ones as well, teaching Art and you know just stuff. Well enough about me, have you found anything yet?”

“Well talk about not a lot going on” *laugh* “That’s good news about powers kid, well I there’s not much going on here, I’ve had a few leads but they all came up empty. I got a few others to go on so I should be back soon.”

“How soon are we talking here Logan?”

“Soon!”

“Logan I haven’t seen you in three years, a girl would think your trying to avoid her!”

“Oh come on Marie you know it’s not like that.”

“How do I know it’s not like that Logan, three years without a word from you, did you even know it was my birthday today, or did a little birdie come tell?”

“Marie!”

“Don’t Marie me Logan. I know how important it is for you to find out who you really are, but a phone call now and again would not hurt.” I yell at him, I’m sorry although I have missed him I’m very pissed off with him. “I didn’t even know if you were still alive or not “ I say in a quiet voice.

“I’m sorry darlin I didn’t think. I wish I could make it up to you but…!”

“But you need to find who you really are before you can even start to make a life here in the manner” I finish off for him. There’s just silent on the other end of the phone. “I still have some of you in my head. Whenever I got really worried about you or I had a nightmare and didn’t know where to turn you would pop up and try to comfort me and explain why you did things the way you do.”

“Oh” Is the only thing that comes out of his mouth, then there’s just silent neither one of use knows what to say next, till Scott comes into my room for one of our night talk’s.

“Hey Logan I got to go, speak to you soon?” ^Please say yes, please say yes^ I say over and over in my head.

“Sure darlin, I’ll phone you soon” ^YES!!!!^

“Bye”

“Bye”

“Hey Marie”

“Yeah”

“Happy birthday, I’ll make it up to you when I get back kay!”

“Kay, c’yah” I say as I hang up the phone and just stair at it for a few more minutes, completely forgetting that Scott is sitting at the other end of my bed.

“So…. Is he coming home?”

“Soon…soon” that’s all I can say ‘cause I don’t know what else to say.

*Else where*

“I’m sorry kid I can’t come home, not yet” Logan says as he hangs up the phone and looks at it.