*One Year Later*

It had been a year to the day since Scott had asked me to teach the Art class, and I still do it but a lot has changed about me over the year. First of all I turned 19 a few months back and I’m now studying to become an English and Art teacher at a local college so of course I still live at the manner. Most of my friends have gone away for college which meant I got my own room which I like very much, not that I didn’t like sharing a room with Jubilee and Kitty, but there’s only so much talk about Jerry Springer that I can take.

Over this year Scott and I became quite close, I don’t think I’ve ever been this close with anyone my whole life, not even my best friends. We found out that we have a lot in common like our taste in music, books; hockey (that only ‘cause of the Logan in my head). We still have not heard from Logan, which I’m not too worried about because the Logan in my head keeps telling me that this is what he does, and that he can take care of himself, but there is still a part of me that wonders if he will ever come back. Logan is a lone wolf, doesn’t care about any thing or anyone, but I still hope that one day he will return.
As I was saying Scott and I became close and I think that upset Jean a little, if he wasn’t working he would be spending his time with me in either the rec room, or my bedroom. Nothing ever happened we just talked about our lives before we came to live here, and I learnt a lot about Scott that I don’t even think Jean knows about, well I know she knows he lived in an orphanage but did she know that he had a baby brother that died in that plane crash, or that he still has nightmares till this day about them, and how every time he enters the black bird he’s scared that he will never get all the people on board home safe.

Scott also found out stuff about me, which I promised to take to the grave, like for one thing that I’m adopted. I was born in Canada after my mother was also in a plane crash but I was the only one that survived, unfortunately she died right after giving birth to me.

“The only thing I have of my really family is an old wrinkled picture of my mother, father and my brothers, I also have my whole family birth and death certificates, I took them when I ran away. I know I was adopted but my adopted family tried to make it so that I would never find out, well till I put David in a coma with my kiss of death” *giggles*.

“So you know who your birth family are, why not just track them? See if you have any other family members?”

“Oh come on Scott who would want to take in a mutie like me? And even if I did find my really family what’s to say that we will get along, or that they want to know me.” I say this as I put my head down, and look away from Scott, although we have become good friends I’m still not ready to let anyone see me cry.

“Hey” Scott says as he moves across my bed right next to me and lifts up my head by placing his un-gloved index finger under my chin, “There’s no need to get upset, even if you do find your really family and they don’t want to know you, you still have a family here with us, with me!” Okay so you might be wondering why Scott is touching my skin and has not fallen to the floor yet, well the answer to that is that I have some control over my powers, that’s another thing we do when we are alone he helps me try to control my powers. I’ve come a long way I can hold it back for up to 3 hours now, but I’m getting there one day no my gloves. No one knows that I can control it for so long only Scott and the professor know, and that’s they way I plan to keep it till it is off for good.

“Thanks Scott I don’t know what I do with out you” I say as I give him a hug and a peck on the cheek.

“Anyways its late I had better get going before Jean starts asking any more questions then she does now. Night Rogue”

“Night Scott.” “Hey Scott!” I call just as he reaches for the doorknob

“Yeah”

“Do you tell Jean what we talk about when where together?”

“No why?”

“Just wondering, there are just something’s I’m not ready to share yet”

“Hey don’t worry about it, I’ve not told a soul and Jean wont get it out of my head don’t worry, your not the only one who doesn’t want people to know things”

“Yeah. By the way how do you stop Jean from looking in your head with out asking?”

“Well like I said there are things about me that I don’t want Jean to know, so I put all those thought’s and memories in a, well lets just say a filling cabinet and put a wall around it, one that Jean or even the professor can't break into, that’s where I put all our conversation in.” He says with a smile.

“Well that just makes me wonder even more about you Scott Summers”

“Don’t worry if there is anything that I need to talk about and not with Jean then I’ll come straight to you deal?”

“Deal”

“Anyway I better go, c’yah tomorrow” as he leaves my room.

“Night Scott” I call after.

“So that’s how he does it. Well it’s going to be fun trying to get in there” And with that I’m in bed waiting for the nightmares to begin their nightly visit.