The full moon helped. Not that he needed it; his eye sight was pretty good. But there were a lot of random size logs and divots in the dirt scattered around the yard. With the extra light he didn’t have to pay so much attention to where he put his feet. This was definitely the place. It reeked of the slimy little bastard. At the end of the yard close to the tracks there was a warehouse. He didn’t have to use his nose to know to head that way. The Brotherhood loved a warehouse.

He stopped and shook his head. The thing didn’t even have a door. Its lack of modern comforts assured him he didn’t have to worry about Mags being inside. Or even the Blue Bitch for that matter. His nose told him no Creed still. A pretty piss poor effort on the Brotherhood’s part to be sure. So why the hell couldn’t the X-Geeks handle this one their one? One-Eye must have developed a fear of little green men as well as a bigger stick up his ass. He was sort of beginning to look forward to a thrill, looked like he wasn’t getting anything near that exciting tonight.

No point dragging this out. The sooner he grabbed her the sooner he’d be back on the road. With it just being Toad she couldn’t be in that bad of shape. Toad was a sniveling creep, but he wasn’t exactly violent.

He walked in to nothing really. Big empty space, dirt on the floor. He sniffed once, twice, and then started walking towards the right. As he rounded the corner he saw the green lump on the floor. Another very feminine lump a few feet beside it. Her back was to him but she had long brown hair and the tiniest dark green shorts he’d ever seen, barely covering her ass. Oh, and tennis shoes. Had to be his disappearing lake runner.

“Looks like I missed the party,” he broadcasting loudly as he walked closer to get the girl’s attention. “Toad.” He nodded down at him. He got no response back. The girl rolled. And the sight of the bold white bangs falling into and framing her face threw him off a little bit. Then he saw nothing but big green eyes. “So you must be Rogue.”

“Who tha hell are you?” Heavy southern accent. Check.

“Wolverine.” He nudged the source of his tracking trail with his foot. “What happened to Toad?”

“Ah happened to Toad,” the girl snapped. She started squirming around in what he could only guess was an attempt to sit up. She was failing miserably if that was the case. A squirm or two more and she gave up. “You a friend of Sabretooth’s or somethin’?”

“No,” he growled. Although he could tell by the look on her face his action did little to convince her. “The X-Men sent me.”

“Really?” She kind of laugh, kind of snorted. It was a very unattractive sound. “And Ah’m just suppose to believe that? Do ah look like ah was born yesterday, sugah?”

His eyes dropped down to her chest and her black sports bra of their own accord. “No, I can’t say that you do, darlin’. Tell you what,” he moved closer and kneeled down. “Why don’t I cut you out of these sausage ties and we can go from there?”

He released the claws on his right hand and a little yelping gasp came out of her mouth. It was a much cuter odd noise than her last. Aside from that she didn’t jump, or roll in her case, away nor did her scent spike fear or nervousness. Mainly she smelled like dirt. As he leaned closer he was about to place his other hand on her bound arms, just to keep her from a potentially bloody movement her whole body jerked as far as her restraints would let her move.

“Hey!” She yelled. “No. Touchin’.”

He groaned. Just when he thought this was going to be simple. “Look, kid. I ain’t gonna feel you up. Just hold still.”

She didn’t. She jerked away from his out stretched hand again and this time he found himself nearly snarling. “Ah said no touchin’. You tellin’ me no one in the Brotherhood told ya about mah uncontrollable deadly skin?” A little giggle. “Nice friends ya got.”

His brain stopped for a minute as he stared down at the not so demure smirk on her face. “Deadly skin?” He repeated, just because that all he could come up with.

She nodded. “Mah mutation, honey. Keep up.”

He sat back on his heels and looked her up and down again. There was no denying the view was nice. All the right peaks and valleys. And a hell of a lot pale, creamy skin all out in the open. One hell of a killer view, alright. “Friends indeed,” he grunted, shaking his head clear. Summers got him again.

“Fine,” he groaned, making another mental note to never get involved with anything that had to do with the X-Men ever again. “Just hold still.”

The safest place was the gap between her balled up fists. He pulled two of the claws back, leaving only the middle one out and set it against the under sit of the rope.

“Do not move,” he warned in a deep growl.

“Ah hear ya the first time,” she huffed. “Just do it.”

The girl had brass. Too much of it, he decided as he easily sliced through the ropes, freeing her hands. With her hands no longer tied together she tried to help him by lifting the remaining ropes away from her body. The only one that really made him nervous was the one tightly wound around her chest. She couldn’t lift it much at all and he sure as hell didn’t want to damage anything there.

When all the ropes feel away he stepped back, letting the metal slid home into his fist. Big bottomless green eyes followed him. “Now what?”

“Now what?” He echoed. “Now you get your ass up so we can get the hell out of here.”

“That’s easy for you to say,” she mumbled under her breath, turning her head away from him. He heard every word loud and clear.

Definitely too much brass. It was going to get her killed. Tonight, if she kept giving him lip. He crossed his arms over his chest and glared down at her. “There a problem, sweet heart?”

She gnawed viciously on her bottom lip then took a very deep breath with an unnecessarily loud exhale. Then she turned her head back away and mumbled again.

“Shit.” He swore, dropping his arms. Just when he thought everything was going easy. She thought her leg was broken. He could tell by the stun look on her face it wasn’t something he was suppose to be able to hear. Well, they were both in for surprises about the other’s mutation. “Toad broke your leg? That lump,” he pointed an angry finger down on the ground. “That ninety pound tree-hugging lump broke your leg? He can’t even lift a hammer.”

“No he didn’t break mah leg,” she snapped back, like he’d just said the stupidest sentence alive. “Ah broke it.”

“You…” He was speechless. Then he was laughing, big barking laugh that had her face turning candy apple red. “You kicked your own ass? Hell, no wonder he tied you up so much. Save you from yourself.”

“Okay.” She muttered, clearly fuming. “Ya know what, don’t help.”

He watched as she got to her knees, then shakily to her feet with a poorly restrained smile on his face. With one foot up off the ground, her injured one he figured, she managed to straighten up and balance on one foot with no near topples. He’d have been impressed if he wasn’t still cracking up that Summers was so worried the Brotherhood had busted her up.

“Ah,” she shook her hair out of her face. “Will hop out. Ah’m a very good hopper.”

He extended one arm out, pointing towards the exit, still trying to stop laughing. “Hop away, darlin’.”

Her nose wrinkled up, in what was supposed to be a threatening glare, he was sure. It only made him smirk more. She managed one hop before she screamed and toppled forward. She caught herself with her hands on the floor before he could react to grab her.

“Ow, ow, ow,” she repeated over and over again, her hands still supporting her weight.

At least this little mission wasn’t a complete waste of his time. It was entertaining as hell. “You alright there, kid?”

“Shut up, don’t call me that. And stop laughing.” He heard, but all he could see was the back of strained legs and a toned, little ass sticking up in the air. He didn’t stop laughing.

Her head whipped around, nose wrinkled up again and this time she added the pouty lip. It was even more hilarious. Especially since he wasn’t sure the intense redness of her face was coming from the anger rolling off her or all the blood rushing to her head.

“Hopin’ is out,” she declared as again she straightened with perfect balance.

He fought his laughter down. Now he was looking forward to her next bright idea. He could just imagine how she broke her leg to start with. “Clearly.”

“Ah thought ah told you to shut up.” He just shrugged his shoulders. She sighed. “Ah’ll crawl.”

Some of the redness left her face as she looked down at the dirt floor of the warehouse. Not that it mattered, she was caked in dirt already but he figured he let her torture herself enough. Despite One-Eye’s opinion he wasn’t heartless enough to let her crawl on her hands and knees out of there after everything she went through. Even if she did do it all to herself.

“How about this,” he said as he closed the distance between them. “I’ll just carry you and we’ll get out of here before tomorrow afternoon.”

Again, though she jerked away from his outstretch hand. It was a really annoying tendency she had. “Excuse me? Deadly skin. How tha hell do ya plan to carry me?”

He hadn’t thought about that. He was wearing a long sleeve shirt and jeans but the sleeves weren’t anywhere long enough to cover his hands. And how the hell was he supposed to carry her without his hands? She—she wasn’t wearing a damn thing, really, so there was no help there. He swore under his breath. Deadly skin might have been a good thing for Summers to clue him in on. More so than, say, her approximate height. Brown and white hair with deadly skin would have been a decent briefing that covered the highlights.

“Here,” he grunted and began unbuttoning his shirt. Her eyebrows shot up when he threw the flannel at her but she caught it never the less. “Put it on.”

“Why?” She asked but did it anyway. The material swallowed her whole, doing down almost to her knees. But more importantly the sleeves hung way past her hands. She seemed to catch his notion but tugged on the bottom of the shirt then shook her head. “It’s not long enough. It’ll ride up too much.”

He smirked at her and leaned down to her ear to whisper, “Who said anything about me touchin’ your legs, darlin’?”

She screamed in surprised when suddenly she was being lifted off the ground by her waist. Her arms instantly shot out to steady herself, wrapping them around his neck. For a terrifying second she thought she’d catch the skin of his shoulder not covered by his undershirt but the long sleeves of the flannel kept her hands hidden.

Nothing but one of his massive muscular arms was holding her up against his side, her legs dangling in the air. And he wasn’t even shaking from supporting her weight. She was impressed.

“You have some manhandling experience,” she teased. “Ah can tell.”

His only response was another rumbling laugh as he started walking toward the exit. Her leg dangling like that still hurt like hell but it wasn’t as bad as the hoping jerking it about. And there was no getting around that crawling would have sucked. So she just tightened her hold around the biggest shoulders she’d ever seen and tried to enjoy the ride.

When they stepped out of the warehouse and into the night air her heart dropped down into the pit of her stomach. He stopped walking at her little gasp.

“What’s wrong? Your leg?” He asked, although he wasn’t sure there was anything he could do to make her more comfortable besides hurry his ass along and putting her in the van.

“No,” her voice was small, just a above a whisper. “Scott really did send you.”

He followed her eye line to realize she was staring at the van. “Told you.”

“Is he—is he--” she stuttered as he stared walking again. “Is—What’s wrong? Is he okay?

“He’s fine,” Logan grunted. He shouldn’t be. He should have been skewered. “A pain in the ass, but fine.”

“Why didn’t he come himself? Why’d he send you?”

“That’s a very good question,” he said as he jerked the passenger side door open. As he set her on the seat she whimpered and he looked down he realized he had pinned her hurt leg between the seat and his body. “Shit. Sorry, darlin’.”

“Ah’m fine,” she assured him but her voice wavered and her eyes were closed. When she opened them again they were a bit wild and hazy. He found himself leaning forward closer to her, resting his hands on her now covered thighs. “Ah’m fine, Ah just--”

“Give me the list,” he ordered gently. He’d done more than his share of rescues before back in the X-Men days. Not to mention been locked away himself a time or two. “In order.”

Her eyes cleared a little bit as she smiled at him. “Water. Then a bathroom. No, bathroom first. Then somethin’ ta drink, then food. Lot’s of food, preferably a cheese burger with fries and a milkshake. No, wait. Ideally a shower then food. Ah could enjoy tha food more if ah didn’t reek.”

“You got it.” He shut her door. A cheese burger did sound pretty good right now. He’d just have to find a place open at two in the morning. He just had one more thing to take care of first. “I’ll be right back.”

He headed back into the warehouse.