Story Notes:
Pretty box ...

Just a bunny that bit me, strangely enough, while I was watching the Killer Truck episode in Supernatural ... Don't worry though, no killer trucks in this story.
You know what I love best about you?

The little things.

That smile that hardly anyone gets to see but which I am more then familiar with. Like now, as you crawl above me, hair still tussled from my hands and last night’s sweat long since dry on your skin.

That smile says you want to sweat again.

You know what I love best about you?

The little things.

The way your eyes talk more then you ever will, and what I hear in them chases all my fears away. I love you, they'd once told me, before you'd placed your tags in my hands and walked away. I love you.

I’m sorry, they’d said once too, while you'd sat, tight-lipped and silent, and watched me cry. But I won’t do it again. I swear.

I want you, they tell me now, eyes so intertwined with love that I hear it in every look you give me. And since I want you too, since that’s love for me too, I pull you on top of me, skin to skin. Mouth to mouth. Love to love.

You know what I love best about you?

The little things.

Like your hands, they never flinch. Never have. Every touch is sure, but not steady. Not because you’re scared, not you, but because I know that’s how I make you feel. Impatient to grip tight, shaky with need. Desperate for my skin. For me.

I know because you make me feel that way too. Like my skin is too tight, ready to rip apart at the seams unless you touch me … or if you touch me, I‘m not sure. Like if you don’t touch me I’ll float away, but if you do, I’ll sink. The drowning can be scary sometimes, intense.

I know that I’ve sunk so deep into you, I’m lost. I’ll never find my way out. Never, not after years of getting used to this, to the way you feel in-between me, over me. In me.

Don’t worry, you'd tell me then, I love you, remember. And it’s not a question, because you’re that sure.

That’s when I remember that I like being that deep. And getting lost is worth it too. Because all I've ever wanted is to be lost in you, so what's to fear? I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

You know what I love best about you?

The little things.

Like the way you do things. Always unique. No ceremony, nothing fancy. No romance either, but I’m learning to appreciate that, after all, you’ve told me you loved me in ways far better then a dozen red roses or a moonlit dinner ever could.

Instead, I got a kiss through my scarf even though you didn’t need it. But I got the message. And a trip to my room later that day told me even more when I found out that my things had been moved into your room.

And last night … I got a grin and a ring tossed onto my stomach as we lay, catching our breath, my skin still tingling from you, your skin still tingling from me. A little gold one that fit just perfect on my finger. That one.

Put it on then, you'd told me, a smug smile on your face, eyes giving into sleep. I’d studied it in awe, sliding it on and admiring it for the rest of the night, holding up your deadweight wrist to find a thicker one wrapped around the same finger as mine.

You know what I love best about you?

The little things.

These are just some of them, sure, but it would take me a lifetime to tell you all the rest.

Oh, I forgot. We have that.

Want to hear the rest then?

You know what I love best about you?

The little things …


Chapter End Notes:
The Ring thing is something I've been dying to use in a story, so I hope you guys liked it and are willing to tell me exactly how much, or how less ... but you know, how much is nicer ... lol.