Author's Chapter Notes:
It's almost over now... This as been a long journey, but, don't worry, I already have an idea for a new story. Not sure how many more chapters are left for Forgotten, but I will update again soon!
Rogue found everything quiet when they returned home. There was no homecoming party, no visitors. Nothing that gave any indication that she had been missed. They were given a day to settle in. Gambit and Havok found no trouble at all regrouping with the friends they had made the last time they were at the mansion. Rogue, on the other hand, found company only with John and Victor when ever Logan was busy training the new team.



He continued to keep his distance from her, not wanting to push her, and she found herself growing agitated by the delicate way he was treating her. She was determined not to let it get to her, but she knew she would have to go to him. She just wasn’t ready for that yet. So they found themselves back into their old patterns from before. Almost. There was now added tension in the air whenever they were watching a game or having a meal together. He had become harder on her whenever they were training together, also. And he never allowed her to spar with any of the others, giving a thin explanation that it was because of her added strength. They would always bicker about this, but he was team leader and his word was always the last.



It wasn’t until a week after their return when things changed and Rogue found herself standing in the professors old office, Storm eyeing them both carefully. She had come to a decision that none had realized she had been debating, and by the pointed way she was watching them both, Rogue wasn’t certain that either of them would be happy about it.



“I want you both to understand something simple,” Storm began sternly, her focus mostly on Logan. “With these new additions, we have the capabilities of a very powerful team. But, unless headed by the right people, they can very easily all be divided. I have decided that, while we will continue to have two separate teams for the smaller missions, I want all of our members to train together so that we will be prepared for all disasters.”



“So you want Drake to take over leadership?” Logan growled angrily. Rogue felt her fists clench at the idea. He was currently recovering from the surgery to his face, but word was that he would be as good as new in no time. She was very tempted to return to Las Vegas if he was going to be in charge of her.



“Actually,” Storm hesitated for a moment, “Iceman will no longer lead any of the teams. I looked into what happened closely, and after careful review, I have come to the conclusion that he is not mentally ready for such responsibility. He is too emotionally invested in certain aspects of his teams lives that are not necessarily his business. I will be informing him of these changes later today. I want you both to head our teams. Together.”



Rogue found that Logan was speechless. She could only imagine what he was thinking. But this would give her an edge that she hadn’t had before. She would be able to have a say in how the team was trained and even in her own training. “I’ll do it.”



“Hold on a second,” Logan stammered, laying a hand on her shoulder. Of course he was going to object to this. “You’re not ready for this.”



“Knock it off, Logan,” Rogue growled, taking a step away from him before she found herself willing to give in to the temptation of hitting him. “I’m not going to get broken out there if I lead a team. I’ve already proven that I am more than capable of taking care of myself and looking out for the others. I know what they are capable of and I am not giving that up. I’m not going to break if I get my hands dirty. Now, if you’re not willing to join me on this, then you can stand down and I will do it by myself.”



He didn’t reply, only nodded as he kept his eyes glued to her.



“Then it’s settled.” Storm couldn’t help the smile that crept into her normally stoic features. “You can go through the roster and use your own discretions for who will work best in which scenarios as they come along. Any extraordinary missions will need both of you, though. You can go now.”



Rogue didn’t miss the smile spread wider along the weather witches face as they turned to leave, and she deduced that Logan hadn’t either when he let out a small growl as the door closed behind them.



“You set this up, didn’t you?” Logan asked, turning on her. She could see the anger in his eyes, and something stirred deep within her belly.



“Don’t be absurd,” Rogue chaste as she walked past him. “I have had nothing to do with this. I was just as shocked as you.”



He grabbed her by her arm, pulling her back to him. She felt the stirring in her belly grow stronger as her body pressed against his. Her breathing hitched as his gaze locked onto hers. “I just can’t stand the idea of you getting hurt again.”



His mouth was just inches from hers, and she found herself aching to touch them. When she spoke, she found her voice was husky with lust. “And you think it’s such a fun thought for me, Sugar?”



“Darlin’…” She didn’t let him finish. She pushed herself up on tip toe and molded her mouth to his; swallowing anything else he might say.



Greedily, they devoured each other, even as he lifted her into his arms and carried her to his room. They were too involved in each other to notice anyone around them. Neither heard Victor’s chuckle or Gambit’s comments about how it was about time as they passed them in the hall.



~*~*~*~*~*~



Logan growled deeply as he pulled away from her mouth after laying her on his bed and kneeling over her. He laid a trail of kisses and light nips along her jaw line as he worked his way down her neck, her body shaking even as his hands went to the buttons on the front of her flannel blouse. He slowly pulled apart the shirt, enjoying the way she was squirming against the leg that was currently pressed against her crotch. The aroma of her arousal was all around them, sweet and pungent. It was all he could do not to just plow right into her.



“Please, Logan,” Marie whispered, her voice full of longing and encouragement. Her hands moved to his head, her fingers entangling in his hair as she massaged the top of his scalp, encouraging him further. “I need you.”



The last button undone, he threw the shirt open and candidly stared at her. Her breasts pushed against the creamy white lace of her bra with each breath she took. He groaned as he reached for her, pulling him to her as she finished removing her shirt. His lips her on hers again, drinking from them as if they were the finest wine.



Reaching around her, he swiftly unclasped her bra, letting it hang between them as he pulled the straps down so she could lift her arms out of them.



She moaned again as his hands moved lower, caressing her back. He hooked his thumbs on the inside of her jeans even as her hands fumbled between their entwined bodies, reaching for the button and zipper. He pulled hard as soon as he heard the release of the button as soon as she opened it, pulling her jeans down so that they pooled around her knees.



Her shoes were already gone. He wasn’t sure if she kicked them off while he was concentrating on her neck, or if she lost them somewhere along the way, but it didn’t matter. Just one less hindrance he had to worry about. He ducked down, letting her fall back to the bed as he left kisses along the curves of her stomach, moving further down to taste her.



~*~*~*~*~*~



She moaned as she felt his tongue against her core. Everything seemed to break at that moment. This was perfect; it was what was supposed to happen. Her fingers wandered into his hair again as his passionately kissed her in her most private of areas. She wasn’t sure how much longer she could take this. Every muscle in her body seemed to tighten as he explored her crevices. Before she knew it, she fell over the edge, his name on her lips as she shook against his mouth.



~*~*~*~*~*~



He couldn’t wait any longer. As she came back from her explosion, he sat up and quickly stripped his own clothes, not wanting anymore barriers between them. Even the thought of having just a simple shirt separating him from the softness of her skin was enough to drive him crazy.



As soon as he was completely unclothed, he pressed himself against her. His eyes met hers, wanting one last conformation before he allowed himself this. She nodded quickly, her legs wrapping around his hard body, and she helped to push him in. As soon as he felt her wet warmth envelop him, he fell into heaven.