Author's Chapter Notes:
Thaks again for the beta, biohelixx!!!!

WARNING: This chapter does contain explicit material not suitible for those who are uncomfortable with the notion of rape. Hopefully, I wrote it out tastefully, though.
She was motionless as she lay on the slab of concrete that was her bed, clutching her stomach tightly. There was no peace, no rest. There was nothing she could do to escape. They had her in their clutches, and she knew that the only way they were going to let her out of here was as so many ashes. If she was lucky, they would put the ashes in an ugly urn. Or not.

She wished silently for the bliss of sleep to rescue her for just a moment, but that wasn’t to be. Even as she lay on the cold slab, covered in nothing but a dirty hospital gown and the bulky collar that had been snapped around her throat the day she arrived, she could hear the hard thuds of footfalls walking down the corridor. She prayed that they would stop before they reached her, that there was something – someone – else that held their attention.

She was in the last cell at the end of the corridor. The walls were thick slabs of concrete and the door was metal. There was no one on the other side of the hall, no cell; just more concrete. She didn’t know who else was here, who else was sharing this hell with her, but there *were* others. They weren’t allowed to make too much noise during the day, but she could hear them at night, little whimpers and soft cries. The evidence of other captives would last anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, but they always ended the same way: a loud growl that vibrated throughout the building, abruptly quieting everyone.

She could remember the first time she had heard the harshness of that sound. It was her first night here and although she was scared out of her mind, she was standing her ground, watching for any sign of what they planned to do to her. All in all, she was living up to her status as a member of the X-Men. Of course, she no longer cares about that. She no longer fights back either; she knows better now.

She wasn’t the only one brought in that horrific night and she could hear others who weren’t so in control of their emotions. There were those who wept quietly to themselves and others who were in full-blown hysterics, screaming for help. She wasn’t sure which group was worse.

She could hear others trying to calm them down, though, shushing and pleading, telling them it was dangerous and that it would make things worse. She believed them, but there was no telling the others that. They were trapped in their own private little worlds with enough hope to make at least some noise.

And then it happened. The growl. It reverberated through her room just as it did her spine and muscles. She felt it run through her entire body, even her teeth and felt her fear rise even as she settled into a fighting stance, ready for whatever the source of that threat might be.

But the sounds of crying suddenly stopped and the air filled with a fear she had never before realized could exist. As the doors at the opposite end of the corridor opened, she heard the thump of heavy footfalls and suddenly understood the growl wasn’t meant to frighten, but to warn. Whoever was emitting that chilling sound was warning the others of what was to come.

In the end, the warning was useless, especially to her.

She was ready to pounce when they came for her, ready to use all of the skin the damn doctors and guards had left bare when they had cut her out of her own clothes and dressed her in the too-small gown. For a second, she worried about the collar around her neck, but brushed the thought away. It was extremely light and didn’t seem to hinder any movement in her neck. It shouldn’t get in the way.

When they opened the door to her cell, she jumped, nails scratching and teeth biting, her soft brown eyes desperately vicious. She wasn’t going down without a fight and she would suck the life out of each and every one of them before she let them hurt her. That wasn’t how it was to be, though.

The guards subdued her easily enough, forcing her to the cold, hard floor. She thrashed and snarled, teeth snapping like a rabid dog as she twisted and struggled to escape their hold, but it was no use. They only laughed and commented how spirited she was, causing the Erik inside her to shudder with anger and remembrance. She cursed and threatened and struggled, but they only held her tighter.

There were five guards in all. Four were holding her down even as the fifth moved out of her line of view. She could hear him chuckling. She couldn’t understand why they were still conscious, still breathing. She could feel bare hands on her skin, the heat from their flesh burning the nerves under her skin. She closed her eyes, concentrating, willing her mutation to return to life. Why wasn’t it working? Why wasn’t her mutation helping her?

But even that question escaped her mind as she heard the distinct sound of a zipper ripping open. She looked again, startled by the noise. And she screamed. It was a scream full of terror, hate and the foreknowledge of pain. She screamed and screamed even as she watched the fifth guard move between her spread legs. She continued to scream even as his left hand came down over her mouth, stifling any noise she made and felt his right hand roam over her body, his hands rough and experienced, his touch nauseating. She bucked against him, trying to get out from under him and escape, but that only seemed to make matters worse as he laughed even more, sitting up to look at her. As soon as his hand was gone, she sucked in a breath to scream again, only to find another hand covering her mouth, shutting her up.

“Shh…” the guard between her legs said playfully as he grabbed the hem of her gown, pulling it up harshly and peering down at her body. And she knew then that she wasn’t going to get out of this. Not now.

She felt him touch her genital area, groping her without finesse. There was nothing delicate about what he was doing to her and her vision began to blur with the tears that she couldn’t seem to control. Then his hand was gone and for a brief second she allowed herself the hope that he was done, that he didn’t want her.

But then she felt him again; only this time it was another part of his body. Something harder and more demanding than his hands had ever been and she screamed again as she felt him invade her. She cried as she felt him break through the barrier that kept her from being completely a woman and wanted to die as she felt him move inside of her.

A hatred she had never known could run so deep in her soul welled up as he spilled his unwanted seed deep inside of her and as the first man to ever touch her so intimately rolled away so that another could take his place, she silently vowed that she when she escaped, she would kill them all.

Even now as she heard them stop outside of her cell and the slow click of a key turning in the lock, she made herself the same promise. Let them do what they wanted now, let them have their fun and use her body how they wanted. Once she was free, they would suffer for everything they did to her.

But the days passed slowly, full of experiments and tests, and the nights were agonizing and degrading. Her body soon became exhausted and she could feel her soul withering up, waiting to die. She wished for death and knew that she would never be given such a blessing. She was too rare, too precious for that. These men that controlled her destiny would never let her go. Not until they had used her to perfect what ever it was they were trying to accomplish. She was their special specimen. Telepaths and healers were a dime a dozen, but a woman who could steal the thoughts and mutation of anyone she touched… Well, that was just too good to let go so easily. To say nothing of the fatal consequences of her touch: a perfect assassin’s weapon.

“Should we throw her in with the animal? See what happens?” She heard the whispers come from just outside the door as it slowly creaked open. The guards had begun to grow bored with her body and wanted to see something new, something different. She didn’t know what this animal was, but she had a feeling that it couldn’t be good if they were thinking it up. Who knew, though? Maybe it was a means of escape? “It might be a good show, you know?”

“And what the hell are we supposed to do when he decides to tear her apart, David? We still don’t know what this animal is capable of, remember? He just might kill her for the hell of it.” This voice was more hushed, but harsher with leadership: it projected authority. She knew who this one was, his face. His were the eyes that stood out the most and haunted her dreams. They were hazel in color, much like those of someone who had once been special to her; but there, the similarities ended, thank god. “The boss said that we could do what we want with her as long as she was still breathing in the morning. He likes this one, too. Says she’s special. Has some kind of plans for her.”

“Come on, Wayland. We’ll be right there, watching the whole thing. If he does anything stupid, I’m sure the six of us can overtake him, especially with the collar on.”

It was quiet for a moment as the leader, Wayland, thought over the idea. She had a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach and allowed herself a little hope that she wouldn’t be given over to anyone new. If she had to choose between the two, she would have to go with the evil she already knew so intimately. Well, hell.

“Alright, fine,” Wayland said sternly. She felt her stomach muscles tighten, and her heart begin to race. He was agreeing with them. “But if we get caught, I ain't takin’ the rap on this one, got it?”

“Sure, Wayland. No problem.” She could almost here the glee in that voice as the door swung open. And just like that, her fate was sealed: they were handing her over to some monster that would probably tear her apart like a rag doll.

She felt rough hands grab her arms, swinging her around so that she could see their faces. She was certain - positive - that in daylight and under different circumstances these assholes were normal; one or two were maybe even handsome. But here, in the deep darkness of her cage, all she saw was the menacing evil of their intentions and the monstrosity of their thoughts. She tried to struggle, but even she knew it was no use. She could only hope that whatever animal they were taking her to would get it over with quickly.

She was unceremoniously dragged through the corridor, halfway down the hall. They stopped abruptly and, for the first time, she was able to see how long the hall truly was. There were at least twenty rooms, all on the same side, facing an empty wall. She could easily see the cells that were unoccupied: their doors remained open, undisturbed, like the mouth of a hideous creature, waiting for the moment when these kind guards would bring a nice little mutant for it to swallow hole.

The door in front of her opened quickly and before she could see what waited for her, she felt her body being thrown inside, the door slamming behind her. She could hear the low rumble of a growl and her body automatically stiffened, waiting for the moment of attack. She knew she would die, but that didn't mean she wouldn't go down without a fight. She was a member of the X-Men, wasn’t she?

She could see his outline move abruptly, saw the way he hunched his shoulders and growled like a creature chained. It was too dark in his cage, no light coming in from the hall as it did in her cell. He was hiding in the shadows.

“What the hell is taking so long?” She heard one of the guards whisper from outside. They were still watching, of course. Waiting. “I figured this was going to be a hell of a show. What is he waiting for?”

She felt him move before she saw it. The way he shifted about on his toes, as if he were getting ready for the big punch of the night. And suddenly, without warning, his hand reached out to grab her and pull her into the deep darkness of his cell, where no one could see what he was going to do. She couldn’t stop the scream that escaped her throat.
Chapter End Notes:
This was hard to write, so any feedback would greatly be appreciated, good or bad.