She was wearing her new X-Men uniform, enjoying the way the leather felt like a second skin. It had been specially prepared and was ready for her within a week of waking from her coma. Still black, it was more like a bodysuit, without the bulk and padding the traditional uniforms required. With her invulnerability and strength, this new suit gave her more freedom of movement.

She moved quietly through the house, trying not to wake anyone. She didn’t turn the lights on, relying on her enhanced sight to make out objects in the dark. It wasn’t until she was at the door that she heard someone coming down the stairs.

“What the hell is going on, Frail?” If it had been anyone else, she would have easily sent them scurrying back upstairs.

“I’m going to see what I can do by myself. If the others ask, I’m just checking the outside perimeter, see what it’s like over there,” Rogue told him sharply, opting against a lie. He would have smelled it on her, anyway.

Victor sighed, wondering if she really did have a death wish. “Fuck, Rogue. You sure going by yourself is a good idea?”

“I learned a few things from the mind of Savannah Danvers,” she replied slowly, looking down while she spoke. “This security team, they aren’t average. They were chosen for their backgrounds - military, special ops - and they’re expecting a team of mutants. They have orders to eliminate the others, everyone but me. They’re supposed to keep me alive for Creed; she didn’t know why, though. Carol didn’t know anything about this, but it seems that Savannah found out that we were being kept in the same lab, and figured that she could kill two birds with one stone using the X-Men. She was preparing to hand both me and her sister over to Graydon for his own personal use. The rest of the team doesn’t have the skill or the practice for infiltration yet. Not like this. And it has to be now, before Savannah is due to check in with her progress.”

“So what happens if you get caught?” Victor asked gruffly, still somewhat uneasy. He could see her point, though: if the others went in with her, they would be completely annihilated.

“If you don’t hear from me within 12 hours, I want you to bring in the rest of the team,” Rogue replied quietly, turning the handle and opening the door.

“And if you get caught?”

“That’s the plan, sugar,” Rogue returned with a twisted smile before taking to the air.