Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: The X-Men and their likenesses belong to Marvel and Fox, not me.

This story begins from Wolverine's POV, but the rest of it will be from Rogue's. And, even though it is Movieverse, Scott never died. Also, Logan is a little bit more gruff and crude than in the movies.
Her breath was steady and warm against his chest. His left arm was falling asleep, but he reasoned that it wasn’t worth the risk of waking her. It was early morning, but the sun had not risen yet. Outside, the trees swayed, and their movement was the only sound to be heard inside the still quiet of the old manor. Just the creaking branches and her heartbeat.

Listen as the wind blows from across the Great Divide.
Voices trapped in yearning; memories trapped in time.
The night is my companion and solitude my guide.
Would I spend forever here and not be satisfied?


He lay awake, unable to put his mind to rest. He felt like a monster. He had done the unthinkable, and he, the fierce Wolverine, was afraid. She had come to him, asking for comfort, and instead, he stole her innocence. Like an animal, he ravaged her.

And I would be the one to hold you down
Kiss you so hard
I’ll take your breath away.
And after, I’d wipe away your tears.


She cried over a broken heart. She sobbed over rejection. And he dried her tears with false love and misplaced affection. She was just a kid, and he had used her. He couldn’t bear to look at her angelic frame.

Just close your eyes dear.

He knew that she wanted him. As Jean had once said, she was a little “taken” by him. But that gave him no right to touch her; to taste her; to mark his territory. All of the lust he still had for Jean, he poured into her. He made her believe that he wanted her, and only her. He made her think that she was more to him than a charming kid with a nice body. He didn’t want to belong to her, but he sure as hell didn’t want anybody else to have her. The Wolverine valued his possessions. Logan was used to getting what he wanted, but he’d never felt guilty before.

And through this world I’ve stumbled,
So many times betrayed.
Trying to find an honest word, to find the truth enslaved.
Oh you speak to me in riddles and you speak to me in rhymes…


She came to his bed and allowed him to cross an unspoken line. She knew he wouldn’t say no. There was nothing between them. No scarves, no gloves. She couldn’t hurt him now.

My body aches to breathe your breath…
Your words keep me alive.


He couldn’t shake the feeling of self-disgust that coursed through his blood. He contemplated leaving before she woke up, but something stopped him.

Into this night I wander.
It’s morning that I dread.
Another day of knowing of the path I fear to tread…


There was a strange ache in his chest. Even though the Wolverine owed nothing to anyone, he had promised to take care of her, and he broke that vow. All the evils that he had tried to keep her from were nothing compared to the beast that had taken him over and made her unclean.

Oh into the sea of waking dreams
I follow without pride.
Nothing stands between us here
And I won’t be denied.


He wished for nothing more than to take it all back, to turn her away. Her kisses would no longer be chaste nor her touch pure, and it was all because of him. He fought the urge to release his claws, stifling frustration and anxiety. She stirred and her eyelashes fluttered, tickling his skin.

And I would be the one
To hold you down
Kiss you so hard
I’ll take your breath away…


She looked up at him, taking a moment to regain clarity. She pushed herself up and sat cross-legged, facing away from him. Her hair was kinked in every direction, and gilded slightly by the emerging break of dawn. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. He waited for her to turn and cuddle with him. He waited for the “I love you.” He waited for the unwanted kiss. But they never came.

And after, I’d wipe away the tears.
Just close your eyes dear.


She rose from the bed and retrieved her nightgown. He sat up, unsure of what to say or do. She smiled nervously at him and rubbed her arm, a gesture of discomfort.

“Good mornin’…” she said, attempting to make the situation less uneasy.
“You going?” he asked, with surprise.
“Yeah, I… I’m kind of hungry. I’m gonna get some breakfast...and a shower.”
There was an awkward silence. “You, uh, want some company?” he cleared his throat. “For breakfast, I mean,” he added quickly.
“No, it’s okay,“ she chuckled. He felt his muscles tighten. “I…I’ll see you around, Logan.” His goodbye sounded more like a grunt. She paused with her hand on the doorknob and turned to look at him one last time. Then, she slipped out the door, shutting it softly behind her.

And I would be the one…

She was gone. It wasn’t supposed to be that way. He was supposed to leave, not her. He was supposed to call the shots, not her. The Wolverine had misjudged his prey. She was stronger than he thought. She…had used him.

He…belonged to her.