Story Notes:
Um, so I'm a fanfic newbie. Please go easy if you comment.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's so short. More to come.
Rogue sighed heavily, her shoulders slumping back against the chair. “Stupid essay,” she said quietly to the laptop screen in front of her. She re-read half of what she had previously written, more than six pages. What else was there to say about the ‘American Empire’? She was about to start typing again when there was a knock on her door. “Who is it,” Rogue asked from her chair.

“Logan,” the rough voice called from the other side of the door. It opened a little and Rogue turned around to see Logan half step into her doorway. He continued, “Can I come in?”

Rogue couldn’t help the smile. If it had been anyone else’s room, he would have just barged in without knocking. He wore his leather jacket over his jean jacket. “Yeah, you can join me in the torture they call homework,” Rogue said, smiling at him. He smirked and fully came into the room, closing the door behind him. He moved to her bed and sat down, looking over her shoulder at the computer screen.

“Since when is America an Empire,” Logan asked.

“Since we became a mega-power in the world,” Rogue replied, looking at him. Logan looked back at her, smirking. Rogue smiled at him, then looked at the screen again. “Ten more pages to go,” she said with a sigh.

Logan stood up, saying, “Take a break. Go out to lunch with me.”

Rogue looked up at him. She wanted to go with Logan. They hadn’t talked in a while, ever since Jean died. She sighed and pushed her chair away from the desk, standing. Logan smiled crookedly at her. “Where’re we going,” Rogue asked.

“Just a diner in town. Not a bad place. Good coffee,” Logan said.

/Always short answers,/ Rogue thought. She smiled and replied, “Sounds good to me.” Logan nodded, leading the way out of her room and down the main stairs. It was a semi-nice day out, so the foyer was empty. Logan walked into the garage, grabbing the keys to the motorcycle. Rogue followed in silence, not wanting to protest taking the bike. She looked at the thermometer on the wall. /What’s he thinking? I’m going to freeze my butt off out there./ “Um, Logan,” she said, her voice almost questioning.

“Yeah kid,” Logan said, turning his head to look at her.

“Isn’t it a little cold out for the bike,” Rogue asked.

Logan stopped, looking at her lack of warm clothing besides her jeans. “Oh, right,” Logan said. He looked around the garage quickly, but nothing caught his attention. He shrugged out of his leather jacket and handed it to her. “Here, use my jacket.”

Rogue looked at it for a second then took it, saying, “Thanks.” Logan gave her a quick nod of the head. She pulled the coat on, his body warmth having heated the coat up already. It smelled like him; cigars, woods, gasoline and something that was just Logan. She smiled a little, then continued towards the bike. Logan swung his leg over and started the bike, the roaring noise of the engine filling the garage. Rogue sat behind him. She wrapped her arms around his stomach, more of his body heat seeping through her clothes. She bit her lip, a nervous habit of hers that she could never seem to control when she was around Logan.

“Ready,” Logan asked just loud enough for her to hear.

“Yeah,” Rogue replied. With that, the garage door started its ascent and Logan shot through the space between the floor and the door, his head just barely missing the bottom edge of it. Rogue looked behind them as the garage quickly fell behind much faster than she thought it would. She clutched to Logan’s jean jacket a little tighter. They drove through the main gate to the mansion and they headed straight for town.
Chapter End Notes:
Feel free to comment. Go easy please. It's my first fanfic.