When I opened my eyes, Logan was already hovering over me, propping himself up with one arm. He gently stroked my hair and gave my ear a quick kiss.

“Come here,” he said and pulled me up against his chest, turning us over so that I was now on top of him, safely caught in his arms.

“Thank you,” I whispered, pressing my palm against his cheek, careful not to let my fingers touch his skin.
“Thank you,” Logan replied with an amused smile on his face.

I was confused for a second. Okay, okay; confusion was my best friend these days, but in this instant I felt it a little more than I normally did.

“What for?”

“Where do I begin, kid...for going out of your way to finally get me to act on my feelings, for example.”

“You knew this was a bit of a setup, didn't you?” I said, realization creeping up on me. That was probably why he had been so amused earlier. He had known all along that this was one of the many master plans that Kitty, Jubilee and I came up with to spice up our love lives.

“Really, an empty house, a “twisted ankle”, a movie night with red wine? Oh and did I mention dressed to kill?”

“Right,” I said in a small voice, feeling extremely embarrassed.

“But you know, I'm glad that you did this. I was never sure what you really wanted out of our relationship...I'm not used to those friendship-turning-into-love kind of deals...hell, I've never even had real friends or real love in my life, as far as I know. So I held back, for your sake. You mean a lot to me, I didn't wanna screw things up. Even though it was damn hard sometimes...not being able to show you how I feel.”

I wanted to squeal and scream and cry in happiness but managed to contain myself and didn't do either. Simply hugging Logan and pressing a kiss onto his shoulder through his shirt had to be enough for now.

He hadn't been sure what I wanted? Hmm. Apparently I wasn't as obvious as I thought I was. Or he was just pretty damn dense, not noticing that I worshipped the ground he walked on.

“But then you were here, wearing that, telling me about your skin...and I finally knew it. Didn't need to feel like some dirty old perv anymore, fantasizing about you...”

He thought he was the perv? Obviously he had no idea what was going on in my head then. But before I could tell him a little more about that, I heard my phone ring and retrieved it from the pocket of my jeans, which were lying on the floor.

back in 10. better get dressed ;) can't wait to hear everything. k+j

I laughed at my friends' text message. They were being so presumptuous...”better get dressed”...presumptuous but right, I had to admit.


Logan helped me to clean up the living-room and then scooped me up in his arms to carry me up the stairs.
“Wouldn't want you to really twist that ankle, drunk as you are,” was his grumpy comment.

Calling me drunk might have been exaggerating, but I wasn't exactly sober either, so I didn't protest. I would be stupid to protest against being carried in his arms anyway, wouldn't I?


We made it to my room just in time to hear the Mansion's main door open and the footsteps and loud voices of a bunch of drunk kids echo in the hall.

My roommates would be back in a minute as well, but Logan didn't seem to mind them seeing him here. He was sitting on my bed, with me curled up in front of him and my head in his lap, where he was playing with my hair and occasionally caressing my ears.


Jubilee and Kitty burst through the door with expectant expressions on their faces, which quickly turned into shock and then a couple of knowing smiles.

“You guys - !” Jubilee motioned towards us and then turned to Kitty, grabbing her shoulder and shaking her violently. “It worked!” she attempted to whisper, but it came out so loudly that the whole floor had probably heard it.

She turned to me and opened her mouth to apologize but I was giving Logan a meaningful look, giggling.

“Don't worry, he knows.”

My friends' mouth simultaneously plopped open into two little Os that quickly turned into smiles.

“Should we like leave and sleep somewhere else?” Kitty asked, seeming unsure about how to deal with Logan currently being in my bed (and it wasn't even as dirty as it sounded – too bad). Despite the execution of what felt like a hundred good plans to find boyfriends, none of us had actually ever brought a guy home. Which had nothing to do with the quality of the plans of course...

“'s okay, I got her,” Logan said grumpily and lifted me up once more, carrying me out of the room. I could tell he was already annoyed by my friends and wanted to get away from the two naturally hyper and currently also tipsy girls.

I laughed and waved goodbye at my friends, who were showing me two thumbs up each.

“Have fun!” Jubilee yelled after us, giving me a suggestive look and Kitty jumped in with an innocent “Goodbye sweetheart!”
Chapter End Notes:
I'm not too happy with the ending, but I did have to write towards that last phrase as part of the challenge, sooo... ^^"