Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry if I offend anyone who likes Bollywood movies...but I've been over-exposed to them lately, that explains the slight hostility ;)
and I think there's more of me in Rogue than I originally intended (that's what you get for writing in a first-person perspective)...she probably wouldn't be that nervous and clumsy on her own ;)
“Hey, kid.”

I swirled around with a wide goofy grin on my face.

“Hi Logan.”

He plopped down on the couch, suspiciously eyeing the bottle on the table but remaining silent.

I quickly took a seat next to him, nervously fidgeting and thinking about what to do or say next. Shit. My mind was about as blank as the sheet of paper I had handed in for the last chemistry pop quiz. This wasn't good.

“So, what're we watching?”

“Huh?”

My head made a quick spin to the side so that I was facing him. Of course I had no idea what he'd just said, so I simply gazed at him, mouth slightly open. Ridiculous much? I quickly shut it with a silent “plop” and gave him a nonchalant smile.

“What movie did you get?”

“M-movie?”

Oh no. I knew I had forgotten something. No, no.

Logan laughed at my obvious confusion.

“Movie night, remember? You wanted to rent a movie? And I was so generous and imprudent as to let you pick which one?”

“Uhm...yeah...that....” I played with the zipper of my sweater to keep my shaky hands occupied, accidentally yanking it down farther than expected and quickly pulling it back up with a slight blush on my face.

I realized Logan was still waiting for an answer and I wanted to slap myself. But that wouldn't exactly have helped my case.

“I guess I kind of forgot to get one,” I mumbled. “Sorry.”

He smiled at some private joke that I didn't get and changed positions on the couch so that he was facing me, propping himself up on the back with one elbow.

Oh God, please don't come any closer. Oh wait, no, do. And then take me to a hospital in case I pass out due to sexual frustration - or possibly embarrassment.

I quickly jumped up from the couch and more or less stumbled towards the TV to switch it on. I was holding on to a straw here, trying not to make a total ass out of myself in front of Logan. Worked out extremely well so far...

“Maybe there's something on TV.”

I dropped back into the couch with a sigh and noticed that Logan was still grinning.

“What?” I snapped, a little harsher than intended. He was such a man sometimes. Didn't he have any idea how stressed out I was right about now?

“How's your ankle?”

Again, the extent of my speech was an extremely witty “Huh?”

Then I remembered. Right. Shit.

“Uhm, sore. Very much so. Can barely move, much less dance.”

Okay, that might have been a tad over-dramatic.

Especially considering the fact that I had just been hopping around the room. Oh crap, he probably thought I was a complete nut job.

Logan tried his best to hide the continuously widening grin on his face by turning towards the TV screen.

“So, what is on TV...?” he muttered, grabbing the remote and switching through some channels.

“It's still your choice for tonight if you want.”

“Oh, sure,” I replied, staring at the TV without really seeing anything. Something colorful and cheery-looking flashed across the screen and I quickly said, “That.”

The “something” I had seen turned out to be an Indian guy, who was dressed in a yellow robe and busy stretching various body parts in all directions in an attempt to perform some kind of wacky dance.

According to the English subtitles, he was declaring his undying love to a girl that was supposed to be married off to another man. Oh, the drama. Re-think your wardrobe and then try again to woo her.

Logan cleared his throat and gave me a curious look.

“Didn't know you were into Bollywood movies.”

Of course I wasn't into Bollywood movies. Who cared what we watched?
The Night of Nights was quickly turning into a disaster and I had to do something about it.

With a move that nearly made me fall off the couch and flat on my face (which would have been the cherry on top of this evening), I grabbed the bottle of wine and the two glasses from the table.

“You want a drink?”

One more suspicious look at the bottle. Oh please Logan, don't be complicated now. Just have some wine, get drunk and then make sweet love to me until the wee hours of the morning.

Groaning quietly, he took the bottle out of my hands and looked at the label. Don't bother looking at that, it probably says Château something, like every other wine in the world.

Let's fast-forward to the being drunk and making love part please.

And God, someone turn off that freaking Hindi pop in the background!

“Got something to open this?”

He didn't sound too thrilled but at least he didn't complain. I was about to think that things were looking up when I realized that I one more item to put on the list of things I had forgotten.

Another blush. Another apologetic smile. Another urgent need to slap my forehead.

Logan shrugged and extended one claw, pulling the cork out of the bottle with unexpected expertise. Wow.

As I was currently not capable of moving or talking, he took the glasses from me as well, filled them and handed one back to me.

“Cheers, kid.”

He clinked his glass against mine and I hastily gulped down half of its contents. Maybe not such a good idea, considering the fact that I had never actually consumed any alcohol before.

But as things were right now, it could only get better.