Story Notes:
I am running with the flower theme what can I say. Beta: JJ (who I owe a lot because without her my stuff would be unreadable)
"Logan."

He could smell her before he saw her. She smelled sweet, different. She smelled like flowers and happiness. Even with the brightness of her voice and the delight that flowed off her in waves, he couldn't help but flinch. She smelled like him.

"Logan."

Her hand was on his arm, her fingers lightly shaking him from his thoughts. Twined through her hair were white flowers, the primroses that grew out back. She carried more in her hands. She had already placed several in Bobby's pockets so she instead put these in the free buttonholes that lined his shirt. Normally he never would have allowed this, but he hadn't the will to stop her today. A smile bloomed on her face and his breath caught before he could stop it.

"Logan I swear you have been hiding. I've been looking for you everywhere. Bobby thought you were gone again, but I knew you couldn't be. You never leave without saying goodbye."

Sometimes he wondered how he could disappear for months at a time but could never manage to avoid Marie for even an hour. The argument could be made that he always wanted to be found by her. That with her, he was never really hiding.

Today was different. He really didn't want to be near her. To hear what he knew she had to say.

"Logan, please I have been waiting to tell you something all day. I wanted to tell you first. We wanted to tell you first."

Her grip tightened and in an instant he knew before she said a word that he had been right. He had no desire to ever hear this from her.

Married, the kid was getting married. God, when did this happen?

He barely noticed she wasn't sixteen any longer and now she was getting married. She stood there with her hand out waiting for him, like she always had been.

"Kid, that's great," he breathed, forcing his laugh to sound light. "Put that thing away, what are you trying to do, blind me?"

Arms snaked around her body, willing him to notice the other man in the room. The deeper Marie sank into Bobby's embrace, the bigger Logan forced his smile to be. He let go of her hand and met the boy's eyes. The look there was blatantly possessive but he would have expected no less. He wanted no less for Marie.

It was too late for revelations, too late for second glances. He was too late.

"I am happy for you, kid." Happy, right, he was so happy for her.