Story Notes:
Beta: Nicca
She can't keep her hands away from the edge of her skirt. No matter what she tries to do her fingertips always find themselves clasping the edge of the black unforgiving material.

She is so nervous about tonight that any small noise or movement jarred her train of thought from its current path and the fact that the hem of this little black tiny thing she was wearing was so short that it could easily be mistaken for a pair of underwear was not helping to calm her ragged nerves. Her skirt was far shorter than anything she had ever ventured to wear in public before. Every time she moved it seemed to inch further and further up her thigh. So she was constantly pulling, twisting, adjusting its length. She had mentioned this fact to Jubilee when she had tried in on at the mall, but she merely grinned murmuring `that is the idea, honey.'

Marie finally gave in to her when Jubilee pointed out that little Marie would never dare wear anything like that, that it wasn't a safe outfit. And right now Marie couldn't stand being right anymore, being the `safe' little girl. She wanted to be eighteen and to be all that the age allowed. She wanted to be able to flaunt to the world all that her years of growing up had blessed her with, how time had made its mark on her body. She wanted to forget duty, honor, and responsibility. Marie wanted desperately to forget that damn untouchable man that was so suddenly touchable now, but still just out of her reach. She wanted to forget being stuck in this hellish limbo of her current life. She wanted to forget there was a future and forgive the past and begin getting lost in the craziness of now.

And that was what this night was to her a rebellious escape from all that had been forced upon her plate far too early. She would lose herself in the music and the heavy stares of the men around her, finally no longer afraid of all that those stares meant and what they could lead to. Then she could forget, finally she could forget.

So here she is standing in front of the mirror in that black skirt and a lacy black bra that she never thought she would ever need to wear trying to find the courage to finish getting dressed and leave. It should be simple and easy because this was the night she dreamed of all her life. She had finally mastered her deadly skin and was free to do all she had never could before. Free to touch, caress, lick and kiss anyone and everyone. So why wasn't she leaping out the door and running off with Jubilee as fast as possible? This was a question she didn't even have to ask herself. Because everything in her mind always lead back to him, Logan the one man that didn't want her. Her unrequited love for him had just seemed to blossom in his indifference. Because all she could seem to think about was his eyes, his mouth, his hands, and his growl. That growl that vibrated all the way down his chest and tickled her fingertips. Oh, that growl of his would someday just kill her she knew it.

That was another thing she was determined to rid herself of, her foolish love for the man so completely lost in the past. Logan was still so desperately in love with that unattainable, flighty redhead.

And with that thought she tore her eyes away from the mirror and grabbed her top from her bed, letting the silky material slide down her skin and then zipped up her knee high black boots. Allowing herself one fleeting look in the mirror to check out the completion of the outfit. She smiled as strips of her crimson red shirt grazed the tops of her knees. Perfect.

As she headed out the door she grabbed the leather coat she had stolen from his room months ago and flung it over her shoulder. She paused only a moment at the stairs to take a deep breath before putting on a smile and prancing down the stairs, making note to sway her hips just a little at every pair of eyes in the room. The men gaped and the women glared holding their arms just a little tighter around their men, this was going to me more fun than she had thought. Jubilee laughed in triumph at the success of her creation twirling herself around to let Marie see all of her own get-up and dangled the keys out before her, tilting her head to the door. But Marie could not quite leave yet her eyes still searched the room for the man who had not made his appearance until now.

Marie stifled a laugh as her eyes saw his and noted that were screaming bloody murder. Oh this would be so much fun. She slowed her pace to give her time to think of the best approach to take with Logan. And repeated to herself the little mantra Jubilee had made her memorize last night, `All or nothing, sugah.' She breathed in deeply as she moved to meet his glare.

A blush graced her face as he let his eyes wander and lingered over her choice of outfit. "Go put some clothes on," Logan demanded quietly under his breath. Making his way to her to drag her back up the stairs and away from all the drooling boys.

She laughed backing up slightly and gestured to her outfit. "What do you think this is?"

"You don't want to know what I think that about that," he answered his voice rising enough to catch the attention of a few surrounding bystanders. Those who did not know him winced and cowered, Jubilee giggle and gave her a thumb's up.

She walked slowly to him to lessen the distance between them and cocked her head to one side murmuring with a wicked grin, "Well maybe I do. I was kind of thinking that this skirt covered too much." Rogue moved her hands to her skirts again this time intending to move them up instead of back down. "Maybe I should just cut the hem a little more..."

"Marie," he growled in warning. She raised an eyebrow.

"Logan..." she answered letting her amusement soak through in her voice.

"Marie," he replied again this time it came out as more of a growl and less of an actual name as she had finally made it right in front of him. His eyes darkened as he looked down upon her.

"Logan," she breathed to him and pressed her body up against his to kiss him on the lips. She smiled as she pulled back whispering, "Goodnight sugah, I will see you in the morning."

Marie ran off with Jubilee before Logan could even process what had happened.

Marie knew the right thing to do was to forget about her love for him; it was the safer thing to do. But she didn't want right or safe. She wanted to live and he just seemed to be perfect for her.