Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a short chapter for now. I'll try to get another one posted tonight.
“Marie, wait!” he yelped. Yelped? The Wolverine did not yelp. But nonetheless, his voice was high and sharp.

She paused and turned to face him. “Yeah?”

“You…I…you can’t just leave me like this!” he sputtered.

Rogue frowned. “Like what?”

Logan’s jaw dropped. She wasn’t serious, was she? He scrutinized her face and body language, seeing no deception. She really didn’t know?

“Like…this,” he explained, gesturing vaguely toward his aching groin.

Her lips rounded in an “Oh” and they stared at each other for several seconds. “But,” Rogue began, her voice hesitant, “it goes away on its own, doesn’t it?”

Logan goggled. How the hell had she gotten to her age without knowing a damn thing about men? “Well, yeah,” he admitted gruffly, miserably. “But it’s damn unpleasant in the meantime, and it leaves you keyed up anyway.”

“It does?” she asked blankly.

He loosed an involuntary growl. “How the hell can you not know any of this?” he snapped. “You used to have five men in your head.”

Rogue blushed so vividly her skin almost looked purple. She pressed her hands to her hot cheeks as she mumbled, “You all did your best to keep all that from me. And honestly, I let you.”

Logan had never considered that. “You’re tellin’ me that a teenage girl wasn’t curious enough to go pokin’ around for memories of sexual escapades?”

Rogue was fanning her cheeks now. “Of course I was curious!” she snapped. “But what’s the use of wallowin’ in somethin’ you think you’ll never have? That was before the cure, Logan, when I thought I’d never be able to touch anybody. Ever. And I couldn’t stand the thought of knowin’ what I’d be missin’ instead of just wonderin’ what I’d be missin’. You all agreed that knowin’ would be worse, and never let me catch even a glimpse of any sexual thought or memory. Even John.”

That certainly gave Logan pause. John had never been the most caring or considerate person. Most of his anger left him. Most, not all. “Still,” he argued a little more calmly, “you have to have some idea of how…unpleasant it is for a man to be left wantin’?”

A look of cold fury passed over Rogue’s face. “Are you tryin’ to bully me into havin’ sex with you?”

“I’m not bullyin’ you,” he returned angrily.

“Fine. Guilt then. You’re tryin’ to guilt me into it. It’s not gonna work, Logan. I told you that I’m not havin’ sex ‘til I’m married.”

“Fine.” He snapped back. He didn’t need her to relieve his problem, he reasoned. There were plenty of willing women close by, and since they weren’t married yet, he figured the promise of monogamy wasn't in effect. He just needed to know one thing. “But tell me, kid, were you completely unaffected by that kiss?”

Rogue looked at him warily for a moment. When she saw that he wasn’t going to push the issue of sex, she finally answered him. “No, it was nice.”

“Nice?” Logan echoed.

“Yeah. I was kinda surprised I enjoyed it at all to tell you the truth.”

“Care to explain that?” he ground out.

Rogue shrugged and a look of frustration swept her face briefly. “I told you that I’ve never thought of you sexually, Logan. And I think that’s a big part of a woman bein’ attracted to a man. I mean, with Bobby and…and Andy,” she stumbled over his name a bit, “I was imaginin’ what it would be like to kiss ‘em even before it happened. So by the time it did, I was already all nervous and my stomach was fluttery. I guess that’s the difference here…I was lookin’ forward to kissin’ ‘em, but with you…I don’t know. No butterflies in my stomach.” She shrugged.

“No butterflies?” Logan muttered. Rogue shook her head. “Then do me a favor, kid.”

Rogue met his gaze curiously, honestly. Logan rarely asked for anything.

“I don’t much like the thought of a marriage where my wife doesn’t really want me to touch her.”

Rogue interrupted him. “Logan, once we’re married, I won’t deny you. I remember what you said about men needin’ sex regularly.”

“That isn’t what I’m worried about,” he snapped. “I don’t like the thought of you sufferin’ through my attentions, all right? I just want you to promise me that you’ll start to think about sex between us. Try to get those damned butterflies, would you?”

Rogue smiled faintly and nodded. “I’ll try,” she promised.

“Good,” Logan grunted, still angry and still horny as hell. He gave her one more searching look and then swept past her. The ride on the motorcycle would be hell, he knew, but he had to get to a bar and a willing woman. Posthaste.
Chapter End Notes:
Will he or won't he?